The Future of Battleforums

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
What's this now business?
Just because you got mod permissions, doesn't mean you can just spam "Get. Over. It" over and over, for no reason except +1. It was basically his idea of sarcasm.

Гражданин СССР

Reaction score
Alright what did I miss here? What happened to the Admins?

ChrisH36

Reaction score
One retired, one may be coming back, and the other is doing fine.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
I don't believe i spammed in the asylum, i wasn't one of the bandwagoners who kept posting 'Get. Over. It' (For example). If you think i did spam, please show evidence.

I don't even like spamming, so i don't understand what you're getting at anyway. I don't like you (That's obvious) so i troll your posts and flame you in the asylum, that's about it. If you can't handle that then don't post in the asylum.

I moved your post and insulted you in the thread name because you reposted the same thing even though Ben (Jim Morrison) had already split the previous same post. Why don't you stop breaking the rules? It's a two way street.
The original move was stupid and pointless because one of our mods was doing the same thing and he didn't get his posts split/moved. His thread was basically spam anyways..."ZOMG GUYS IMMA POST GET.OVER.IT WHENEVER THIS GUY POSTS LOLOL" If that's not a spammish thread then I don't know what is.

EDIT: NVM. I see that they have moved it to the void.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Just because you got mod permissions, doesn't mean you can just spam "Get. Over. It" over and over, for no reason except +1. It was basically his idea of sarcasm.
Mod permissions or not, I'd do the same thing anyway.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
Which is why you shouldn't be a mod. You have no respect for the rules and have just admitted it.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Tipsy toldme to post here, so I'm going to. I'm not going to hold back or anything like, and I'm assuming that I'm allowed to speak my mind about this new mod regiem that we havegoing on here.

Vadriel is an overactive hyperclown. Seriously, he's FINDING modwork to do, just so he can say "LOOK IM DOING SHIT!". Seriously, who gives a shit if my sig is like 100 pixels to big. If you're still on dialup on the site, then you need to gtfo. He alsosigbanned me hours before my 24 hours were up. Good job.

LordNevar has postedmore than once that certain members are lucky he just doesnt straight up ban them and do the site a favor.

Eric 'owning' the site now gives him complete and total control, with anyone objecting to what he says being dealt with a "im not going to be treated like this on a site that i pay for out of money from my pocket".

Chris always has been and always will be a complete and total tool. He's biased (see the thread where fewmade fun of him, and then I did and he raised hell about it in staff), so on and so forth.

Zoltar did something, but I forgot what it was.

That leaves what, JD, Renzo and Wing? Renzo and Wing are fine, JD just disappears for five months and comes back with a savior mentality, spewing about things "this isn't going to fly anymore" and such.

Seriously, I understand apparntly that Eric Roach and Jimbo went through the list of who to make a gmod and who to remove, but that's retarded.

Wanna know why these people aregoing to lead to the downfall of battleforums? Because all of the new GMods are hyperactive and are just looking for shit to do because there really isnt that much. I'm going out with this post, the site just isn't worth it anymore, expecially when mods are just looking for the slighest post to move so they can say LOL IM DOING STUFF. The site was fine before all these mod changes, but now I don't see it being good.

I've been watching in the past few days since the change of the mods, and the sites reminding me of the nazi axl days. You guys remember, the ones that either banned most of the members, or drove the others away.

Theres literally what, like 25 members that post in the General forums. The only reason MOST of us post here any more is because of nostolgia. We hardly post in the SC, D2, WoW, WC3 sections. We just post in CC/Asylum to cure some boredness we have, or to kill time. Theres no reason for us to post anymore. There sure as hell isnt any good or groundbreaking of 'new' threads that havnt been repeated in the past years. Anytime someone posts a personal problem, none of us care really. I mean, Brett and the other people on the superfags team might feign some intrest in it, most of us just pass it off as a /livejournal post.

Seriously, the site is doomed if you nazi redcoats keep this up. You're apparntly enforcing all these new rules all the sudden because one of the reasons we dont get posts is cause of how people post and other things.

Thats retarded and you ALL know it. Roach told me around 40 people sign up a day. Knowwhy? Because if you look at more than what, like 20 pages of posts under a guest you get locked out until you sign up. Of course they're not going to post when all they're doing is leeching info, hacks, so on and so forth.

Malcom Sex

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Theres literally what, like 25 members that post in the General forums. The only reason MOST of us post here any more is because of nostolgia. We hardly post in the SC, D2, WoW, WC3 sections. We just post in CC/Asylum to cure some boredness we have, or to kill time. Theres no reason for us to post anymore. There sure as hell isnt any good or groundbreaking of 'new' threads that havnt been repeated in the past years. Anytime someone posts a personal problem, none of us care really. I mean, Brett and the other people on the superfags team might feign some intrest in it, most of us just pass it off as a /livejournal post.
Couldn't agree more with that.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
Tipsy toldme to post here, so I'm going to. I'm not going to hold back or anything like, and I'm assuming that I'm allowed to speak my mind about this new mod regiem that we havegoing on here.

Vadriel is an overactive hyperclown. Seriously, he's FINDING modwork to do, just so he can say "LOOK IM DOING SHIT!". Seriously, who gives a shit if my sig is like 100 pixels to big. If you're still on dialup on the site, then you need to gtfo. He alsosigbanned me hours before my 24 hours were up. Good job.

LordNevar has postedmore than once that certain members are lucky he just doesnt straight up ban them and do the site a favor.

Eric 'owning' the site now gives him complete and total control, with anyone objecting to what he says being dealt with a "im not going to be treated like this on a site that i pay for out of money from my pocket".

Chris always has been and always will be a complete and total tool. He's biased (see the thread where fewmade fun of him, and then I did and he raised hell about it in staff), so on and so forth.

Zoltar did something, but I forgot what it was.

That leaves what, JD, Renzo and Wing? Renzo and Wing are fine, JD just disappears for five months and comes back with a savior mentality, spewing about things "this isn't going to fly anymore" and such.

Seriously, I understand apparntly that Eric Roach and Jimbo went through the list of who to make a gmod and who to remove, but that's retarded.

Wanna know why these people aregoing to lead to the downfall of battleforums? Because all of the new GMods are hyperactive and are just looking for shit to do because there really isnt that much. I'm going out with this post, the site just isn't worth it anymore, expecially when mods are just looking for the slighest post to move so they can say LOL IM DOING STUFF. The site was fine before all these mod changes, but now I don't see it being good.

I've been watching in the past few days since the change of the mods, and the sites reminding me of the nazi axl days. You guys remember, the ones that either banned most of the members, or drove the others away.

Seriously, the site is doomed if you nazi redcoats keep this up. You're apparntly enforcing all these new rules all the sudden because one of the reasons we dont get posts is cause of how people post and other things.

Thats retarded and you ALL know it. Roach told me around 40 people sign up a day. Knowwhy? Because if you look at more than what, like 20 pages of posts under a guest you get locked out until you sign up. Of course they're not going to post when all they're doing is leeching info, hacks, so on and so forth.
You admitted to Vadriel and posted it in the thread that you were not going to change your signiature at all. In fact I think he should have done it right then just because you were acting so immature about it.

Honestly, you have been saying BF is going to fall because of eric for what? The past year or so? Has it fallen? No. Maybe if we didn't have such negative nancy's trolling around here this place would have members that stay and post. If you hate it and are "bored" that much then leave; It's not like the "redcoat nazi bastards" are forcing you to come here and tolerate there policies.

MacMan

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
You admitted to Vadriel and posted it in the thread that you were not going to change your signiature at all. In fact I think he should have done it right then just because you were acting so immature about it.

Honestly, you have been saying BF is going to fall because of eric for what? The past year or so? Has it fallen? No. Maybe if we didn't have such negative nancy's trolling around here this place would have members that stay and post. If you hate it and are "bored" that much then leave; It's not like the "redcoat nazi bastards" are forcing you to come here and tolerate there policies.
AMEN 5/5 SPEEDY SHIPPING

LordNevar

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
www.valhallalegends.com
The only person I have ever admitted personally that needed my personal attention to be banned was Little-Cheeze. He was nothing but a kid with a stick poking at BF like a dead animal. He had no respect what so ever for the rules, cause regardless of how bad he acted, people on this forum defended him, than he bitched and complained till he was allowed back on. He was more of a headache than was worth it. The reason I said what I said was cause he was put on probation and had very limited abilities which wasted moderators time to watch and approve his every move. Eventually that broke down cause of the waste of time, and he was off and running again with crap.

Than he goes off on the "who you think should be banned" thread saying that several people should be banned when he in-fact had absolutely no room to talk. That was what set me off, everyone here seems to have this problem with me when I have in-fact done nothing but help. Cheeze was a problem, and no matter how much I complained he was still here, an no I had nothing personally against him. Even after his constant bitching about me I let it all go, than defended him to be brought back, and said not to put him on probation. I personally thought maybe he would of changed but he did not, than I am hounded on for my post and comment.

You want this site to be active, and you want it to go somewhere. Than everyone with this "negative nancy" attitude needs to shut up. They also need to start parking their egos at the login, cause for the last 6 months I have watched many people come to this site to post only a few times and leave cause of some of the people on this forum. They think the forum should revolve around them, that if they weren't here the forum would fall apart. You don't like it, than stop coming here. No-one is forcing you to do anything. You constant bitching and "holier than thou" attitudes needs to stop.

New people come to this site all the time, what happens??? Let me break it down for you. Someone signs up, they introduce themselves, people greet them, they try to post or jump into a conversation, than people who think their "king shit of turd down" dog on them and start harassing the members, or basically just giving them shit cause there new and have no right to speak on this forum unless their spoken too. Another thing that is BS about that situation, I see all the time people ask for help on something, and you get people that go after them and say "google it" or "if you don't know than don't use it." That helps nothing, before I was even a moderator I helped people in the Diablo section, and was constantly posting new content and what not. Why cause that's how I operate, people don't like me cause I try to enforce the rules and I wont bend for them, oh well. This isn't a popularity contest and I am not here to disservice you. I work for the site, and to help improve it and keep it working in a orderly fashion. I am only here for you to keep the above flowing normally. You don't like it, than call your congressman and complain.

Eric owns this site, Roach is an Admin, and Crooked does what he does. It isn't your site you have a say yes, but Administration and the "OWNER" have the finally say. They obviously had allot of faith in the people that assigned to be staff. It was their choice and their's alone. So quit your bitching, be helpful, park your ego's and do what is right. If you can't handle that, than un-bookmark, and forget your info. This is public forum get use to it.

/RANT OVER

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Morningstar said:
Biased.... heh... the only bias I have is towards people like you, and nobody else. Just because I didnt see the egotistical asshole part as a member but an insult, doesnt mean you had to respond like that in any shape or form. And quite frankly, I am amazed you were even made WoW staff in the first place... or let alone Staff access to see that thread.

And it's not my fault you just happen to be the ONLY REAL person who truly hates me for blind reasons, or my contributions for that matter. Oh wait, you frankly hate ANYONE that holds some form of forum power except yourself.

As for the 24 hour thing, when someone tells you to change something, YOU DO IT! Without responding back to them. And in the timeframe it took you to bitch at Vadriel about it, I would have had it changed, maybe even twice. We have signature rules for a reason; there are more people than just Vadriel that use 56K Modems or Wireless.

Anyways, I was using that as an example of whats been going on in the Chit Chat threads. People have been running amok and flaming/trolling like they run the place. And it kinda ruins the image of how Chit-Chat is supposed to be.

There is a thread called the Asylum for that stuff. It shouldnt have to exist outside that context.

LordNevar said:
New people come to this site all the time, what happens??? Let me break it down for you. Someone signs up, they introduce themselves, people greet them, they try to post or jump into a conversation, than people who think their "king shit of turd down" dog on them and start harassing the members, or basically just giving them shit cause there new and have no right to speak on this forum unless their spoken too. Another thing that is BS about that situation, I see all the time people ask for help on something, and you get people that go after them and say "google it" or "if you don't know than don't use it." That helps nothing, before I was even a moderator I helped people in the Diablo section, and was constantly posting new content and what not. Why cause that's how I operate, people don't like me cause I try to enforce the rules and I wont bend for them, oh well. This isn't a popularity contest and I am not here to disservice you. I work for the site, and to help improve it and keep it working in a orderly fashion. I am only here for you to keep the above flowing normally. You don't like it, than call your congressman and complain.
I have to agree with the sign on part. Quite a few members get influenced by whats around them and think they can get away with it. If you dont show an iron hand at times like this, then almost ANYONE will become the next Jenny or GAHEADGA or whatever.

And quite a few times, people just come here to get their problems solved etc. I have noticed members doing that a lot. When thier problems get solved, that is when they either to decide to stay cause of the quaility of the help, or leave cause they have nothing further or the problem wasnt solved. And as you said, telling someone to Google it isn't helping. Hell, you would need to assume that the person has in fact Googled it. A lot of the time, I do.

At this point, its either activity, image, or the mods to blame. But I have never really discussed it because there are so many variables regarding this topic, it isn't funny.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
It's because we don't permanently ban the troublemakers.

DemonPhantom

Reaction score
Ive noticed only 3-4 games with there own section: Diablo, StarCraft, WoW and something else mabey. These are most popular here, but there are many pc multiplayer games of all kinds. If someone puts the time in to make a decent guide/tut for it thats already set by a very high standard stated to follow and shown in a sticky to earn its own Forum/Section.

================================================== ========

For these Guides/Tuts made, there should be a section just made saying something like this :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The way Hell Gate london is in Pc gaming is good For:

"Post Guides/Tuts for games"(NAME OF SUB FORUM)

And in that section The stickys in it should be:
"Rules Of This Section/Forum"(Sticky Closed)
"The Required Standard Of Tuts/Guides"(Sticky Closed)

For People that dont follow the rules block them from entering that section or posting in them again or a warning. And all the rules should be is :
"Rules Of This Section/Forum"

1)No posting except for guides/tuts for games that follow :
"The Required Standard Of Tuts/Guides".
2)Pm Poster about Problems/errors/questions/failed links or attachments.
3)Make sure typing can be read, try and use best spelling(Be Reasonable)
4)No translucent colors that may be hard to read.
5)The Poster can double post so long as it goes with guide/tut for game.

Now we have a section just for game guides with a high standard of Info/Data you must include(Not Exact order as of yet):
"Required Standard Of Tuts/Guides"
Include all Data/Info That applys to GAME

1)Screenies (mabey a certin amount of them)
2)If possible, How many players on at most of time and max seen on.
3)Step by step instructions starting from website thats very simple to follow.
4)Information on: Chars/Class's/Styles/Recipies/Moves/Glitchs/Cheats/Hacks/Class of game.
5)If possible try and get a vidieo of the game to watch and post on youtube.

*REGARDING #4: As much info as possible. So there isnt alot of posts there is a certin amount that doesnt make it worth it for a game you dont play all that much.

Explanation of them:
(Some may be diffrent meanings in other games Ex. Chars to Class's)
(Do best to explain them in the guide, If not in game skip over THINK HARD)

1)Chars: Name how many what kinds
2)Class's: Specialization of a Char
3)Styles: Paticuler way to do something, or a style of attack
4)Recipies: To make certin food, items and such
5)Moves: Best way to move around and or to attack
7)Glitchs:In the game to be used against them or to help the player
8)Cheats: Anything to alter gameplay without external programs of game (power overwhelming)
9)Hacks: Put hacks currently working/expalin how to use/0-10 of chance of getting caught 0 being least likely 10 being garented ban
10)Class of Game: MMORPG/MORPG/RPG EXT.

As long as they follow the rules let them be creative with there guide/tut for game, let them put it in order which ever way they want so long as its simple to read and understand and follow.

The best looking guides and graphics of the game from screenies and When Your reading the Tut/Guide for the game while or at the end do you want to test it out see what its like and does it look and sound cool? And how does the game really do? More or Less then expected?

The way Hell Gate london is in Pc gaming is good For:

"Post Guides/Tuts for games"(NAME OF SUB FORUM)

And in that section The stickys in it should be:
"Rules Of This Section/Forum"(Sticky Closed)
"The Required Standard Of Tuts/Guides"(Sticky Closed)

If possible with the best guides to the best games that comes out from this to make it just like star craft diablo and warcraft, how they are set up with Discussion/Bots N hacking/Mods/Pservers/Clans at.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
It's because we don't permanently ban the troublemakers.
We permabann them, but then after a while, they come back because they "ask" to.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
no you dont.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Roach even admitted we dont.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
It would help if we did.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
not really, cause most fo the people on these forums have been banned before.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Yeah, sadly true. Apparently asking to come back after 1 month of permaban is really hot these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.