The food limit - way too big?

L

Laharl

The fact remains; heroes shouldn't have huge effects on the games. Just like casters. Casters shouldn't have huge, overwhelming effects on the game. Nothing should. Perhaps a combination of units should, but no individual unit should overwhelm the game to the realm of imbalance. Anyone who knows a thing about game balance knows this.

Heroes do that. One unit is, in every aspect, more powerful than even 5 supply worth of regular units (Which they take up).

Prove to me, now, that heroes are not more powerful than 5 supply worth of regular units, and in theory "Balanced" units. Gogogo.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
All they need to do is creep, their hero becomes easily more powerful than any normal unit can hope to counter. Normal units, in war3, are nothing more than glorified support units. Which is pathetic.
And once again, you didn't listen to Mike. Heroes go to 5 in creeping.
Even at 5, you don't have your battle turning ultimate to use. And you can still be gunned down by Knights and/or magic air.

And of course the other units will always be SUPPORT units. What do you think Firebats and Marines were for when you played as Raynor.

I for one frankly don't care about systems or micro systems or whatever. If the game is enjoyable to me, I play it, nothing more. And besides, SCII is probably gonna have a hero system, in the sense there are now unique units.

And now this is just going too off course. This is about the food system being too high, not about bitching and whining about a game that MT dislikes.

MT said:
Prove to me, now, that heroes are not more powerful than 5 supply worth of regular units, and in theory "Balanced" units. Gogogo.
No offense, but why should I even bother? You are still gonna get upset over nothing and complain about it on MSN for like 7-8 Lines. I may have played for almost 4-5 years but I am not stupid you know.

L

Laharl

Because everyone who got off Blizzard's front realizes something; the heroes are in every way better than a supply of real units. And are therefore unbalanced.

If SC2 contains heroes, that would be unforgivable and I would completely despise Blizzard.

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
Because everyone who got off Blizzard's front realizes something; the heroes are in every way better than a supply of real units. And are therefore unbalanced.

If SC2 contains heroes, that would be unforgivable and I would completely despise Blizzard.
That's why they are heros...rofl.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Typical unit (4 food cost)
Abombination 240 gold 70 wood, 1175hp, 33-48 damage, atk cooldown 1.9.

Hero (5 food cost)
DK 425 gold(times level), 100 wood, 800hp, 36-43 damage, atk cooldown 2.33.
CL 425 gold(times level), 100 wood, 900 hp, 37-43 damage, atk cooldown 1.9

If that isnt obvoious on why ou're wrong, you're to far gone.

L

Laharl

The hero attacks a little slower, but is in every way superior to the four food cost unit. At level 1? Holy shit... If you don't see how that is in almost every aspect superior? Then you're a fool.

The second is more comparable. Higher min, lower max. At level 1 it deals maybe 1 damage less on average. Same cooldown time. So ignore that. But look at the hp. That's nearly NINE TIMES THE HP. Nine.

Making any weaknesses in comparison moot.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
The hero attacks a little slower, but is in every way superior to the four food cost unit. At level 1? Holy shit... If you don't see how that is in almost every aspect superior? Then you're a fool.

The second is more comparable. Higher min, lower max. At level 1 it deals maybe 1 damage less on average. Same cooldown time. So ignore that. But look at the hp. That's nearly NINE TIMES THE HP. Nine.

Making any weaknesses in comparison moot.
those level 4 heroes have less hp (abomb has 1000, compared to 900/800), same attack, costs more resources, more food and you are arguing what? Both heroes deal a lower dps than a unit you can purchase 20 or more of.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I think BFH is arguing for the sake of arguing and is too proud to let anything go.

I hate WC3 melee. Why? Because it takes too much micro to the point where it just isn't fun. I don't want to have to slave away making sure nothing dies and everything goes perfect. I want a fun game where i can mass a huge army and just attack move and watch the fun.

There's too many hotkeys in WC3, too many abilities for me to worry about. There's like two or three units on protoss that are casters and have the ability to tip the tide of a battle (High Temps for example), rather than half your ****ing army having some random ability that does something i don't want to care about.

I highly doubt we'll see heroes in SC2, it would ruin the game.

L

Laharl

Yes, and they have their massively powerful abilities which are just... stupid.

For some reason I seem to remember leveling a guy to 10 by creeping, but that might be a RoC thing.

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
You must play like..."NO RUSAH FIVE HOURS LOL" because most don't get past level 6. And btw:

That's why they are heros...rofl.

L

Laharl

I don't care if the units are named "Gods". Unbalanced is unbalanced is unbalanced. Now matter how you cut it.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Hereos don't level past level 5, and receive significantly less exp from creeps than from player control units.

L

Laharl

Ah, I never patched it. I only beat the campaign mode, was completely unimpressed. Smashed.

L

Laharl

No, I've also tested it against actual computers.

The low war3 unit limit combined with the heavy food cost is stupid. Wars are not meant to be between 6-12 people.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Not really. But Renzo, everyone is entitled to an opinion. I just let Root think negativitly and it doesn't affect me buying the game in any way.