The food limit - way too big?

L

Laharl

Not really. Once you lose your most your standing forces, you're dead. And no, in war3 it's NOT that important to keep three units alive. Unless they're heroes.

Honestly, any game that half plays itself takes little skill.

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Not really. Once you lose your most your standing forces, you're dead. And no, in war3 it's NOT that important to keep three units alive. Unless they're heroes.

Honestly, any game that half plays itself takes little skill.
How does WC3 half play itself?

And in sc you can loose most your units and live.. It's called micro with your remaining units, and pump out new ones asap...

You've never lost all your dragoons in a fight against zerg.. and have him rush you with like 10 hydras and 30 lings?

Just throw up a storm, kill the lings.. Then pump out about 5-6 zealots..

I thought you played toss?

How about when you loose all your marines and stuff on LT, and the enemy rushes you.. So you repair your supply depot/racks/bunker and keep that up while your siege tanks kill off most of the army, and since you where pumping M/M while they tried to counter, you counter them and win..

Or maybe you loose all your lings as zerg, so you just pump more and more..

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
You're playing against nubs, not the actual people who know what they are doing.

War3's micro is obscenely easy, a mentally retarded eight year old could do it...
When the tier 1 unit has a food cost of 2-3 food and a 100 food limit (Tier 3 ground costing 4-5 and tier 3 air is 5-7) along with heroes each costing 5 food, The number of units is limited, unlike starcraft with a healthy 200 limit and units never costing more than 4 and likely less (Carrier and BC the only exception in the entire game.)

So lets micr owar then. if it is so easy, you can fire up Warcraft III and I guarantee I can get you won't be able to out micro a Warcraft III player.

L

Laharl

LT is easily over rated.

And head on attacks are very uncommon in actual games with people who know what they are doing.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Where the hell is this "the game plays itself" come from anyways. The game mechanics are the exact same as starcraft, with the exception of RTS standard UI upgrades. It doesn't even come close to microing for you. In fact if you leave a unit alone for a second the game will pretty much guarantee it is in red or dead.

If you knew what you were talking about, and saw the micro of some of the crazy warcraft players, you would stop talking the nonsense on what you don't know

L

Laharl

I posted the "Challenge" for you to fulfill, for me to play the third rate RTS game.

By the way: if that's a standard DOWNGRADE for RTS games, the entire genre is going to crap.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
The bloody hell are you talking about, if you cast a spell, only one spell is cast. Of the entire group they don't each find a target to cast on. that makes no sense.
Lol. Slight addendum to this.

If you select a group of the same unit, and have them cast a spell, all units with the required energy to cast the spell will cast it on the same target unit. This sucks really ****ing bad, because all your ghosts will waste a Lockdown on one unit, or all your Arbiters do Stasis in one place, or all your BCs Yamato the same Turret...Starcraft64 addressed this, which is one of the things I liked about it over PC version...

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Vadriel said:
or all your BCs Yamato the same Turret
I only resort to that when blowing up Hives.

L

Laharl

J'kar/Mike, if you don't like doing micro, maybe RTS games aren't for you.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Having to click a bunch more times to cast spells because of a crappy and limited ui design doesn't have anything to do with micro, it just means your time is spent more on casting spells than on focusing your efforts on improving attacks of your other army. Maybe that is why Ghosts arn't nearly used by the pros as they really should be. It's a waste of time that allows a gap in other areas of gameplay. You can cast it fast, but every second wasted casting means somewhere else your army suffered when you should have been there.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Exactly. I'm good at microing spells, and it's YOU (BFH) who's being all negative here. I never said that I hate Starcraft because everybody casts at the same time. I was just clarifying, never was I complaining.

Chill out dude. I'm cool with how the system works, there are just areas where I think a little improvement could be done. I liked the way it was in SC64, where if you had a group of units (such as ghosts) selected, and you targeted a spell (such as Lockdown), only one randomly selected member of the group with sufficient Energy would go cast...the rest would continue to do whatever they were doing. I think that's a lot smarter of a way to do things than have every ghost waste his energy on locking down the same unit.

That said, there are some spells that are GOOD this way, such as Psionic Storm being stacked for heavy damage, or targeting multiple Nukes at once.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Just forget it you two. The only reason he hates this game is because it "emulates" off Wc3, which he didn't like in the first place and he hates Blizzard from Wc3 and beyond.

I for one never cared about the minor elements of micro. I did what I had to do to ensure the survival of my men and/or victory.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
He just hates anything that isn't Starcraft, the holy grail of all games for a starcraft player.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
He plays other games, just SCI and D2 Nezmod are the only things he touches that are Blizzard-related.

L

Laharl

Note: Storm doesn't actually stack. Multiple storms overlap, but the 125 damage is not cumulative.

By the way: Broodwar doesn't even make it into my top 5 games anymore. Don't assume things.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
How can Broodwar be on his top 5 anymore? Since the latest patch, he won't stop griping about it.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
I wonder if BFH even PLAYS WC3? I mean, all this shit he's talking is looking like it's assumed from playing one game and getting his ass handed to him because he had no idea how much micro the game takes compared to SC.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I wonder if BFH even PLAYS WC3? I mean, all this shit he's talking is looking like it's assumed from playing one game and getting his ass handed to him because he had no idea how much micro the game takes compared to SC.
there is no way he does. He sounds like he is just spouting the Starcraft Rhetoric about how SC is a better game, using the same tired false arguments SC players always use.

Ninja_Blue

[ Official Forum Ninja ]
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I'm better at SC, so I like SC better, I enjoy it when I play it, and even if I lose, it still was a very good match.
But In WC, I don't have fun on it at all (not in customs though). And if I lose, pisses me off so much.

So in my opinion, StarCraft is a better game based on fun.