The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Final Warrior

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
Killzone was good (esp. for a PS2 game) but compared to Halo (NOT Halo 2) it was NOTHING.

Final Fantasy WAS good (7, 8), but X-2 ruined it all. (It was Barbie Dress-Up with guns and swords... DX)

I agree, sports games suck.

However, Xbox gots PGR1 + 2, NFSMW, some good shooters, and some fun RPGs (KotOR, KotOR2, Jade Empire).

I keep my PS2 around for RPGs, like FF. I don't even bother playing shooters on it, because the control scheme is a pain in the rear.

-- Griffinhart

PS. Uh... I thought this thread was for discussing Oblivion, not a thread for talking about the pros and cons of the PS2 and the Xbox.

Durr

Member!
Reaction score
I thought Halo sucked, I dont see what the big deal about it is.

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
Halo actually had a compelling storyline, unlike the majority of other FPS's. Sadly, this wasn't reflected in Halo 2, which was multiplayer-centric and had a disappointing storyline. Halo was an amazing games, both gameplay-wise (it was one of the first shooters to feature vehicles in single-player) and stoy-wise (c'mon. The game had THREE books written after it, and there's at least one more in the works). Halo 2, on the other hand, offered dual-wielding and no healthbar. It also focused on multiplayer and had a disappointing single-player story. Halo 2 was aptly described as "the Covenant's version of Halo 1."

-- Griffinhart

Durr

Member!
Reaction score
The story was lame. Wow a bunch of aliens want to get a powerful weapon. How original. The whole one man army thing is getting old as well.

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
Have you actually read the books? It's a lot more interesting than Aliens wanting a BFG. The story had a lot of religious content, especially the MC's name (John 117).

-- Griffinhart

PS. Also, has anyone found the shrine for the quest for the Goldbrand? I've looked everywhere, but I can't find it...

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
Gah! >.<

OBLIVION, people. Go b*tch about the PS2 and Xbox somewhere else.

-- Griffinhart

Durr

Member!
Reaction score
The religious aspect was made clear with the title and the music.

Shados

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.shados.net
Final Warrior said:
Halo actually had a compelling storyline, unlike the majority of other FPS's. Sadly, this wasn't reflected in Halo 2, which was multiplayer-centric and had a disappointing storyline. Halo was an amazing games, both gameplay-wise (it was one of the first shooters to feature vehicles in single-player) and stoy-wise (c'mon. The game had THREE books written after it, and there's at least one more in the works). Halo 2, on the other hand, offered dual-wielding and no healthbar. It also focused on multiplayer and had a disappointing single-player story. Halo 2 was aptly described as "the Covenant's version of Halo 1."

-- Griffinhart
I agree, Halo 2's storyline is at first bland compared to Halo's. However, if you read the three Halo books (In reading order, Fall of Reach, The Flood and First Strike) then you start to realise there's actually alot more to the storyline that first appears. For instance, the "Ark" 343 Guilty Spark refers to at the end is most likely Earth, and if it is then it gives more support to the theory that humans are Forerunners, or at least their descendants. It also seems that some (maybe all) of the Prophets know this and what the Halos do, I would go on but seeing as this is a thread for Oblivion I won't. If you would like to know more send me a PM.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Durr said:
KillZone>>>>>>Halo
Any FF>>>kotor
Sports games suck either way.
I've played Killzone. It's crap compared to Halo, IMHO. And in the opinion of a lot of people as well.

Kotor and FF don't match up though, as Kotor is a more indepth RPG than the FF games. There are no FF type of RPGs on XBox, or I would of said that instead.

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
*Is exasperated*

If a moderator happens upon this thread, could they lock it and/or delete/Void it? This thread is so far offtopic, it's not even funny. (Actually it is, but that's beside the point)

People, this thread is for discussion of TES4: Oblivion for the PC. Go have your PS2/Xbox discussion somewhere else, please. I didn't make this thread for fanboyism... DX

-- Griffinhart

PS. In the end, the PC pwnz us all...

Shados

Reaction score
Website
www.shados.net
I've been playing Oblivion for a while now, I have a glass short sword that paralyzes enemies on hit, so I'm basically fighting statues. Unfortunately, my good pc seems to have broken, although my hard drive has survived. My processor and my graphics card are both ****ed, if I was a more suspicious person I'd suspect sabotage. Oh well, I guess I can only play Oblivion at my mates now, at least until I save upvthe $1000 or so to replace my broken parts, 8(.

Final Warrior said:
PS. In the end, the PC pwnz us all...
So true, 8P

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Stop being such a bitch.

Durr

Member!
Reaction score
When I had a xbox I bought halo. Ended up using it as a frisbee, sadly throwing it was funner than playing it.

And in kotor force lightning made it easier than a walk through the park.

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
What kind of shitty gamer would even compare KILLZONE to Halo, WTF. Killzone is garbage.

As for oblivion, i still have to upgrade my pc :(

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
I wouldn't say KZ is garbage. It was a good game, but a Halo-Killer, it wasn't, isn't, and never will be.

>.>;;

I gots me a Daedric Longsword and I enchanted it with paralyze. It makes even Umbra suck the big ones.

Only, I have to buy an assload of soulgems and cast soultrap on everything, so I don't run out of charges. >.<

-- Griffinhart

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
I just steal shit from vendors. I'm using some kinda 1h blade that has an attack of 9 and a +45fire dmg on hit charge. I'll figure out the name when I get back on

Shados

Reaction score
Website
www.shados.net
Hehe, I've been busy robing people blind. I've managed to get 300k gold, mostly from theft and a bit from exploring Ayleid ruins. I found a Grand Weyklind stone yesterday, still trying to figure out what it does (Normal Weyklind stones recharge all your mp, I have like 50 of them. Var stones recharge all your enchanted items, vv useful but I only have 8, 8( ). If anyone knows, gimme a buzz.

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
The Grand stone is for the MQ. Keep a hold of it...

Hey, does anyone have this recurring bug where your character's face "resets" to a default random? It's been happening to my Bosmer... I think it's because of Natural Faces 0.7.

-- Griffinhart