The dragonic era....the beginning..

D.F.I.

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
This use to be something.
Now it is not. Two hundred years has changed this thriving village into ruins. Now only ice reigns on this land.
The Great Era has ended. Now the Dragonic Era begins.

The world has been plunged into chaos. The dragons have awoken, and have claimed what is theirs. They killed many. They destroyed the great cities of the day. Now.....what is left is no use to us. no use to anyone.

i am standing here today, on what used to be my hometown. Now, nothing if left. I feel the icy winds blowing on my back, but that is nothing to what I feel in my heart. I feel anger. I feel despair. The Ice Dragon, Mulith, has taken all I cared for.

I walked on the main road, to the town centre. All around me are the ruins of buildings. Once they were tall, sturdy. A dragon knocked them down. This is truely hell. Death does not scare me....for I have seen it many times, over the years. They have struck where I've been. I have seen them, yet lived. Many others didn't.

I reached the end of the road. Here, the only building left standing. The Halls of my forefathers. They were once great men. At least they didn't live to see what it has become.

It started to snow. I do not care. But I hear footsteps approach me. I sniff the air. It is a troll. I recognise it by its scent. An ice troll, to be exact. I continue to listen. It is approaching, closer, closer.....then it disappears. I'm confused. I draw my sword, and tun around. In front of me, was a troll, the same size as me.

"Who are you?" it enquires, its spear pointing directly at my head.

"Lolkar Dragannia. And who might you be?"

The troll lowers his spear. "I am Chowitzer, the last of my tribe, The Drak Spear."
"Ah...then you must be a Shadow Walker." I say. It starts to snow more heavily.
"Indeed, I am. Why are you here, Dragannia?" The troll looks around, and places a few Serpent Wards around the perimeter.
"Why did you do that, Chowitzer?" I asked, confused. I feel something that is not right.
"Just a precaution." Chowitzer placed a healing ward next to me. "You've got serious cuts. This'll make you better."
"Thanks. And to answer your question, i'm here to destroy the Ice Dragon, Mulith."
"Indeed, you are. You have great doubt in your heart, and you are thinking about revenge, aren't you?"
"How do you know that?" I look at Chowitzer suspeciously.
"I am the Great Shadow Walker. I can read what you are thinking, and what you are feeling. You are in no condition to destroy him."
I hear something. it was not from Chowitzer. It consisted of some five hundred footsteps. Chowitzer seemed to have heard it too.
"It's them. Prepare for battle."
"What do you mean, them?!" I drew out my trusty sword, the LightBringer. It was indestructable, made out of Dragon Bone.
"The Undead Legion." Chowitzer placed a couple of Healing Wards around. "It will keep the skeletons out."
I nodded in agreement.
The footsteps grew louder. I sniffed the air, and knew that there were a few abominations in this army.
I turned aound, and faced the west road. There, in the distance, I saw a huge skelation army, flanked by a few abominations.
"The light shall prevail!!" I shouted, and cast Holy Light onto the advancing Undead. The dark cloud was penetrated by the holy grace of god, and hit many skeletons. Many of them fell. The others, including the abominations, were severely injured.
"Excellent." Chowitzer's wards started firing at the undead approaching his side. They were holding them off, at least the skeletons. The abominations were injured slightly.
I cast another Holy Light into the skeletons. More died, and a couple of abominations fell. "For the Lich King!!" I heard someone yell.
"I'm sick of this......" I activated Divine Shield, and charged into the enemy. They were surprised, and I easily felled many skeletons. An abomination tried to avoid my devine slash, but failed miserably. He fell on top of about twenty skeletons. I only saw the arm of one, holding a sword appear under him. Then they retreated. Their whole army was defeated by two men.
I turned around, and saw Chowitzer laughing also. I ran towards him.
"Finally...I have avenged the deaths of my clan..." He pointed to the leader. A Death Knight.
"Fine...we've destroyed what remained of the Undead Legion in the area." I sheafted my sword.
"Thank you, Lolkar. As a reward, I shall hep you on your quest to defeat the dragons."
"Yes. The more, the merrier." It started to snow. "The light shall never reach this land..."

D.F.I.

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
"Do not say that. I have believed that for many years. Even though this was your hometown.....your people have not suffered as much as we have."
"Hmm...you have a point. I should instead avenge the deaths of my friends, my family........" I summoned a spirit hawk. It flew ahead of the summoner. Chowitzer was impressed.
"A spirit hawk, hey? He should see if there are any......"
"Yes." I muttered a few words, and appearing next to me, a werewolf. "Don't worry, Chowitzer. It shall protect us."
Chowitzer walked a few paces, before slowing down to a halt. The spirit hawk sped back to me, landing on my shoulder. "What's wrong?.....Oh....."
"What is it, Lolkar?" Chowitzer summoned a couple of headling wards, and serpent wards around them.
"About a hundred corrupt humans.....I think they are the remains of my people who lived in my hometown."
"Then...are you ready? TO destroy those you have trusted for so long?"
"Yes. Their souls have suffered too much. The release from the mortal realm shall be much relief for them."
"Yes....corrupted by the Nether Warlock, Nerzul. That I shall never experience."
"They are arriving, Chowitzer." I drew my sword. There were still blood stains on it, from the previous battle. "I have suffered more than them. At least they shall go to the heavens....."

Unknown_Being

Member!
Reaction score
... well, a decent story. I'd give it a 8/10, but I generally over-rate things due to mine own bad skill.