The DotA Thread! [Basic Strats and Hero/Item talk]

micro.micro

Member!
Reaction score
I could've just picked Bane... the one hero nobody can beat 1v1.
man -.-

viper, lich, silencer, jakiro.... just a few fyi that can whoop bane's ass in a 1v1 solo mid -ap. oh yea we still haven't done our naga v medusa yet

btw pug's decrip only increases 40% so in reality the original dmg would have to be around 1800 ish which is highly unlikely i mean i think furion only has about 20 bounces in each ult .07^20 = 3.8 which x multiplied by his ult with a scepter is only around 1200. i mean 2 k is definetly possible but would still be ridiculous. but i never play em anymore so situations like that rarely ever occur anymore for me :(

XDxxTX

Member!
Reaction score
Ugh, What about the thing where Sb Ultis and Faceless void Uses Timewalk and Faceless supposebly Goes Flying a long time >.<

Dream_Walker

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
man -.-

viper, lich, silencer, jakiro.... just a few fyi that can whoop bane's ass in a 1v1 solo mid -ap. oh yea we still haven't done our naga v medusa yet

btw pug's decrip only increases 40% so in reality the original dmg would have to be around 1800 ish which is highly unlikely i mean i think furion only has about 20 bounces in each ult .07^20 = 3.8 which x multiplied by his ult with a scepter is only around 1200. i mean 2 k is definetly possible but would still be ridiculous. but i never play em anymore so situations like that rarely ever occur anymore for me :(
Actually, Chain Lightning can only have a max of 16 bounces, but if I can recall Wrath of Nature is at 15.

Besides, it was just a rumor.

Ugh, What about the thing where Sb Ultis and Faceless void Uses Timewalk and Faceless supposebly Goes Flying a long time >.<
The Void Rocket? It also slightly works with Enigma's Black Hole.

not_a_poster

Member!
Reaction score
u guys should check out these ownage replays

btw i am zergling23 or evilzergling in those games. my jugg replay is the coolest btw.

micro.micro

Member!
Reaction score
are those -em mode replays? if so then i'm not going to waste my time because -em = noob and i'm espicially not going to watch if it's you just owning some pubby game cuz i can do that myself anytime

micro.micro

Member!
Reaction score
there is still CAL and leagues like IHL and TDT which i play on. a lot of good ppl are on those servers though i'm kinda sad that merlini quit dota cuz he was a really good player

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
His Silencer was a beast. I liked and used his build.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Glaives and Stats. That combonation off the bat can easily cause some damage. Later, you could practically keep Glaives on all the time and you would still have full mana.

Especially if you have crits. My last Silencer sure did.

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
Well yes. Silencer is one of Sentinel's only DPSER/Solo Hero. Save Jakiro, he's probly the only other hero to solo Lich in a CAL game.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Well yes. Silencer is one of Sentinel's only DPSER/Solo Hero. Save Jakiro, he's probly the only other hero to solo Lich in a CAL game.
He is ok to start, but not very strong late if you don't develop a good set of farming/kills. I have been owned by agility heroes and shit, even though I do the Glaives/Stat combo.

Yeah but CAL depends on what sect. A CAL Open might be an easy target, but there are CAL Invite players as well. And those guys... are something.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Cal Open is made up of some ok pubbers.

Cal Invite are the elite of the elite.

They make TDA look like noobs.

Plus thier rules are strict. If you leave just ONE CAL game, even if you are near losing, you are banned from the channels and CAL games.

To move up in the CAL Ladder, you need to compete in playoff matches.

HispanicPaulo

Member!
Reaction score
Cal Open is made up of some ok pubbers.

Cal Invite are the elite of the elite.

They make TDA look like noobs.

Plus thier rules are strict. If you leave just ONE CAL game, even if you are near losing, you are banned from the channels and CAL games.

To move up in the CAL Ladder, you need to compete in playoff matches.
WOW! definately wont make that then, lolz have u ever tried out tho?

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
No, Chris doesn't even like DotA. I'm probably not good enough and don't care to improve.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I am good at it, but I only play it when I feel like it.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I was playing DotA last night (until this morning... :p) and I am looking for a Prophet build. At the moment, I just go for Void Stone > Perseverance > Boots of Speed (if I feel like it), then Soul Booster. Then I get bored, because I don't know what to go for. Refresher Orb might be good for mass creep spawns but otherwise, I don't know. Any ideas? I end up buying stuff for my allies.*

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
2 Nulls/Treads/Maelstrom OR Dagon/Mkb/Deso/Radiance. ;)

Oh and Buriza.