The DotA Thread! [Basic Strats and Hero/Item talk]

micro.micro

Member!
Reaction score
LOL @ dreamwalker you need to update your hall of strategies thread or just delete it cuz it might throw off a newbie since the strategy is pretty much outdated :p

Dream_Walker

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
LOL @ dreamwalker you need to update your hall of strategies thread or just delete it cuz it might throw off a newbie since the strategy is pretty much outdated :p
Because of the rollback, I haven't taken it down yet.

micro.micro

Member!
Reaction score
ohhh yea that's right,,, when we lost like 200 critical posts to strategic development ..... i think the rollback made snorlax dissapear too not that i'm complaining

lol if you're on right now i'll go on east and we can do the 1v1 match :D

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
ohhh yea that's right,,, when we lost like 200 critical posts to strategic development ..... i think the rollback made snorlax dissapear too not that i'm complaining

lol if you're on right now i'll go on east and we can do the 1v1 match :D
I think he's been banned.

micro.micro

Member!
Reaction score
o ic.... anyway GET ON THE EAST I'M WAITING LOL or AIM me when ur on cuz i dropped down my wc3 window

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
o god any know how i use Keeper of the light?
i played it yesturday and i just randomly got stuff like aganims boots of travel and a perserverance

micro.micro

Member!
Reaction score
o god any know how i use Keeper of the light?
i played it yesturday and i just randomly got stuff like aganims boots of travel and a perserverance
well 2 diff ways to play him 1. as a hero killer or 2. as a farmer/pusher

if you want strat 1 you basically get a sobi and a tango in the beginning and keep spamming chakra/illuminate to farm up a dagon asap and just get a blink dagger following that so when you illuminate a person with a full charge, you can blink in after them and dagon for the kill and just either upgrade the dagon or get a guinsoo.

strat 2 is the same starting items and you farm straight for boots and a scepter then after the scepter you can farm for whatever you want i.e aegis raiper.

usually strat 1 is more practical in a pub cuz you don't depend too much on your allies in case they're noob, but 2 imo takes more skill and depends a lot on teamwork and support.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Also, be sure you aim your illuminate properly. Try to fire it when the enemy will stay within its firing range. You may also hide in the trees and fire a suprise attack with it. That is always good for a few laughs.

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
Try -SH KOTL. Fun.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Or Try -SHWTF with Furion. Trees and Treants is all you need to win the day.

You could destroy the first tower before the creeps come.

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
Or Wraths of Nature spam.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Not really, then again, that would hurt considering the number of enemy treants that are in play. If there are like 40, expect that spell to do heavy damage in the end. But that is how its ended quickly.

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
It is rumored that if Pugna uses Decrepify on an enemy and they are hit by the last bounce of Wrath of Nature, it can deal about ~2,500 damage. Lol discuss.

XDxxTX

Member!
Reaction score
There was supposedly a bug that if that dryad one (dont know name never used her) uses that spear thingy that deals more dmg the further u run away that if magina blinked away it delt 2000 dmg :s But im trying to upload a replay of The destroyer with 3 agahanims killing the whole team with her ulti @@

ChrisH36

Reaction score
It is rumored that if Pugna uses Decrepify on an enemy and they are hit by the last bounce of Wrath of Nature, it can deal about ~2,500 damage. Lol discuss.
That is possible but you would need Pugna, a last target and it has to be a hero, and you need enough targets to escalate the damage to 2500. That would actually be funny.

There are a few methods. Sentry wards on key areas is one method. Lay them in creep clogs and the creeps in the forest. Second, cast the spell NOT on your intended target or close to him.

xDxxTx said:
There was supposedly a bug that if that dryad one (dont know name never used her) uses that spear thingy that deals more dmg the further u run away that if magina blinked away it delt 2000 dmg
It isn't a bug. Its a calculated algorithm! It takes the length of the animation the spear was running for, then multiplies it with the value of hte increased damage by length + the attack damage. Magina
blinked away and kept running.

The point of the Enchantress is to keep enemies at a distance and not at her. The Impetus is the reason and Untouchable enforces it, especially if you command a melee character and you need to fight her.

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
Impetus, as of 6.34, has damage calculated upon the distance between the point of Aiushtha and her target the moment the spear hits (i.e. the buff appears).

There was even a better bug with that awhile ago. Aiushtha would throw an Impetus while Chen would TP her to base, causing like +5000 damage. It was soon capped at 400 damage in the following patch...

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I think that was because it ran on the theory that I had at the time. It is the only possible explanation it has. Then again, 400 is still pretty painful.

HispanicPaulo

Member!
Reaction score
yea no kidding!

But Impetus is the shit in Mid game, shes not very good late but hey thats me talking :D

I hate it wen people say that Razor is not hero killer! ARGH! he is wow, just put Maelstorm on the bytch and u can randomly let out 150dmage + it JUMPS! it was porbaly made for the guy! AND then go for radince or watveer, so all u razor fans GET Maelstorm! I played wit Greg (Dream_walker) and we did 1v1

He randomed Juggernught (dman soo unbelivable)<---my fav hero at time and i randomed Razor (lightning revelant) and soo i did well in the begining game and maelstrom helped me get a couple kills. The key is to get Maelstorm and upgrade Lightning or watvever the move wit lighn=tning Razor has and just keep atcking enemy.

So yea ne1 still think Razor is NOT a killing machine???????
(Greg beat me late game cause JUGERNUGHT pwns any1 mate game ROFL)

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
I could've just picked Bane... the one hero nobody can beat 1v1.