The Controller has... ARRIVED!

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Heh. Third Parties are responding well, and the test group loved it (I believe it got like a 7 or 8 out of 10?). It's interesting, to say the least, to see anti-Nintendo IGN say something nice and positive about such a new controller design.

The very positive clamor response from third-parties may well prove benificial to seeing the potenial of the unique design and extendibility (can be seen as further control) to its full. Besides, graphics are so ahead of the times that I've heard rumor that Sony and Nintendo (at least) have "agreed" to not make a new console for 10+ years...to allow the technology to actually catch up to them.

NOTE: Sony and Nintendo see each other as the only competition on the market. Neither really care about the minor itch Microsoft presents. This is easily seen when Nintendo says they will release the Revolution before the "competition" and push it back to after 360 release, not to mention pushing Twilight Princess back to compete with PS3 rather than 360.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
you do realize that this idea will be stolen by both competitors if it prooves a big success. If Nintendo gets even half of it's marketshare back, you can bet sony is going to steal it, like they stole ideas from the N64 controler.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
>_< Yes. Yes I do. I don't think it will be in time for PS3 release, let alone 360 release. Nintendo will be the first to the market with such a controller. In the end, we'll just have to wait and see.

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
I think Nintendo pattented the Tilt Sensor technology. although Sony's EyeToy 2 kinda has the same function as the controller. too bad it isn't standard like the Rev's controller.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
The eye toy from what ive seen is a boring function right now. I'm sure with better applications it could be better, but right now it sux. I hope it isn't the same for Nintendo.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
The Eye Toy has already been copied >_<

It'll be harder to backwards adapt the gyrosensors that Nintendo created for other systems, hence Nintendo will be first in with it. It could be copied later due to "accidents" through third-party peripheral builders, like Pelican (ack >_< one of my least favorite peripheral companies).

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
I think they've already improved the EyeToy 2 so it can understand 3d space. like in sony's tech demos on e3.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I would laugh if Sony just stole it and gets into a lawsuit. Thier rumble packs were stolen technology and they are fighting a court battle over if a company is entitled to the 90million PS2's sold.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
XD Yeah. The rumble pack fiasco. I remember that. I thought it was pretty well settled?

There's a video game system that is exactly the same as Sony's Eye Toy already on the market.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
*shrug* They have that right. Afterall, the US basically built the Japanese Constitution.

:p But this thread is about the N5 Revolution's controller ;)

I can't help but tentilize (sp?) my mind with the possibilities. The fact that you can, literally, extend the capabilities of the controler, a thought constituted into the N64 and dropped in the NGC. It's already been stated that there will be several extensions. The shell extension is more than just possible; it's plausible enough that IGN made a mock-up o_O

IGN? Go fig... They have been on-again/off-again anti-Nintendo.

[Koolaid]

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I htink GC and all that crap sucks.. n64 and snes pwns tehm all

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
N64, and Snes were definately amazing systems 4 sure. Revoluion however emualtes all Ninteod systems anyways.

Induhvidual_1

Reaction score
i dunno why everyone is so "unsure" about this controller

but i think the revolution is by far the slickest looking system by far and the controller doesn't look half as bad as the ps3 ones

recently i read a gamespot article on how nintendo doesn't plan to be some kind of POWER system with high on specs, little on innovation and for some reason it convinced me that was the right path to take at least on consoles.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
:p If you couldn't tell, the anti-Nintendo fanboys came out in groves to state that "Nintendo=GARBAGE" (an actually quote from 7UP). I've been sold on the N5 Revolution for a while, and it's because of systems like the DS. If the Revolution is half as good as the DS, I'll be droolin'.

Besides, we all know this is the "High-Def" generation. All the consoles are going to have component (red-blue-green) video and either fiber optic or digital coaxial audio.

Can anybody tell if Nintendo's using IR, Bluetooth, WiFi, or Wireless for the controllers?

Zerglite

Reaction score
i personally dont like that base design...

a TV remote.. come now :(

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Heh. The test audience liked it, unlike Sony's controller. Sony jumped the gun and released a...questionable controller before testing it, and, when tested, it was strongly disliked. Nintendo waits and tests. When they found a high-rating for a controller (7 or 8, like I said), they came out and said, "Hey! Here's what we got after months of testing."

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
I just don't really like the fact that it's going to cost a fortune to get the damn thing. Think about it;

Note; these figures are based off other controller sales.

Base model will be about 25$ for just the remote
Analog model will be about 40$ (remote + analog)
And if they do it like they've "showed" theres going to be a SNES, N64, NGC, and some other adaption. Figure those will all roughly be 15-20$ and you got a mad expensive controller.

Now, I'm not totally sure if they're going to put out the SNES N64 and NGC ones, or just the NGC one, but I've seen pictures of all 3.

If you think about it, it's going to be like 80$+ a controller if you want to "fully unlock" its potential :(

Biske

Reaction score
I don't believe that. Nintendo isn't going to gauge it's fans like Sony and Microsoft do. They'll make good on their word for being the cheapest, in all respects.