The Controller has... ARRIVED!

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
I wasn't expecting this at all. it's kinda disappointing tbh....

IceDevil9

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.rcthaven.com
I don't know, call me crazy, but I prefer a more traditional two-handed controller. =/

-Frank :cool:

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
That thing looks so horrible.

Heres a thought about it though. It's supposed to work as a mouse and what not, and takes out a lot of the button pushing and such with movement of the actual thing. I think that the A and B buttons are gonna be used for buttons, the DPad will be disabled, as will the "a and b" buttons if you're playing a new game. Everything will be completely based on the movement of the controller + the attachments. Turn the bitch sideways, and you got the oldschool Nintendo controller.

Granted, it IS going to suck if thats how they have it. It's just too much work for certain games.

IceDevil9

Reaction score
Website
www.rcthaven.com
iMike said:
Turn the bitch sideways, and you got the oldschool Nintendo controller.
Holy shit, it does. That's how I'm gunna' use it! Just flick that trigger with my left index.

Too bad I'm stupid and just realised the D-Pad would be ****ed that way. ><

-Frank :cool:

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I'm of this current opinion:

1) I will not know how much I will like it until I use it.
2) I'm still buying the Revolution Day 1.
3) I don't know... I kinda like the design the more I look at it =/
4) Gyro Control XD A Yoshi and Wario game have already shown it to be popular.

[Koolaid]

Reaction score
wtf is that. looks like a good dvd controler, no gaming control

Biske

Reaction score
Ya, I'm with Bam on this for once, lay off Nintendo for trying something new. The people who tried it said it felt comfortable in their hands, and they said it was pretty sensitive, and that there is huge potential here. I mean, it's more like a wireless mouse, which means the Revolution could be the next FPS console, doubtful, but maybe. And, they said they are releasing a "shell" for it so it will feel more conventional when you play older titles. I think I am pretty much sold on this than any other console yet.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I'm starting to like the gyrocontrol the more I read up on it. The test audience gave positive reviews. Third Parties are responding with clamor. It was an interesting reception, to say the least.

The shell extension also sounds promising. I'm not sure if the thing is IR or not. It could make sense to be IR, but I think Bluetooth makes more sense. Why? IR has too much clutter in comparison. I really don't know how this will turn out. Sure. The controller doesn't look like a controller, or that it could control much of anything, but, in my honest opinion, it looks better than some other controllers.

The idea of gyroscopics opens up much potential. FPS, Sports, and Racing gain a whole new layer of control. Action and Adventure become something of a detailed experiance. RPG will likely require more extensions than any other genre XD

azn_dudex

Member!
Reaction score
Krikkit said:
Ya, I'm with Bam on this for once, lay off Nintendo for trying something new. The people who tried it said it felt comfortable in their hands, and they said it was pretty sensitive, and that there is huge potential here. I mean, it's more like a wireless mouse, which means the Revolution could be the next FPS console, doubtful, but maybe. And, they said they are releasing a "shell" for it so it will feel more conventional when you play older titles. I think I am pretty much sold on this than any other console yet.
holy shit i never thought about it as a fps. use the anlog to move and the b button to shoot and it on, gg halo

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Have you guys seen the commercial? It's going to be lame as hell fi you have to actually move the shit with such a force. Ugh, they should make a normal controller, and that one too.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
XD As somebody I know said, the commercial seemed exagerated to the extreme. It'll likely be more like WarioWare or Yoshi Topsy Turvy. In those, the gyrosensor is quite sensitive.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
The commercials really don't sell it though. It's almost as bad as the DDR fad that's still going around.

[Koolaid]

Reaction score
smoeone post the comercial. i wanna see this

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I saw it a few days agon linked from ctr-alt-del.com

I laughed my ass off when I saw it.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Heh it looks like a remote control, it doesnt look like I will ever get used to it.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
im on the fence. I mean of all systems the only thing that is different is the Nintendo one. There is no difference between Ps2 and PS3 or the xbox's, just power. Nintendo is trying somehting new. Who knows, the DS was good.

Biske

Reaction score
That is what they are basing this new thing on, the fact that DS sold well, and is different, people want something different.

Although Nintendo hasn't talked too much about this "Shell" idea, they said it'd look something like the wave bird, so IGN made a mock up image if you want some visual interpretation of what it might look like.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/651/651559p1.html

Revelade

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
It's going to be great.

IGN - "It feels very comfortable and, as you can see, looks sleek too"

Gamespot - "Overall, despite its unorthodox appearance, the Revolution controller has a comfortable feel."

1UP - "As odd as it may look holding the two separate controller pieces, one in each hand, looking around felt incredibly natural, even more than my preferred PC-style keyboard-and-mouse setup."

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
Waving that thing around may get old quick....

Unless Ninty makes a traditional controller shell i'm sticking w/ the GC controllers.