The Chaotic Mind.....eh....based on Neon Genesis Evangelion

D.F.I.

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Prologue

It was two years after Shinji defeated the last angel. Everything has returned to normal......

NERV headquarters has been demolished, the geo-front forgotten by all but a few......

Shinji is still living with Misato, who's still up to her old antics. Still drinking cans of beer each morning......

Asuka is slowly recovering from her ordeal, her life returning to normal......

Rei is struggling with life, still questioning her own existence. Well.....

Gendo Ikari has, after a while, accepted the fact that the Human Istrumentality Project has been foiled.......

Tokyo-3 has been upgraded, now without the reliance of so much electricity......yet, it seems strange that NERV still exists......waiting for something.....

Now.....a new person has entered the scene.....a mysterious person..with no records of his existence, yet........Shinji feels so close to him....like he is his brother, or something else.

The mysterious disappearence of a city in America in such short time can mean only one thing.........they have returned.

Chapter 1: The Past and the Present

Shinji was lying in his room. He was staring up into the ceiling, thinking of the lat few years. The years that made him what he is. He has seen death so many times, fought against all odds, yet he is still alive. "Well, at least I'm not suffering.....much."

Asuka entered his bedroom. "God....how lazy can you get?" She approached Shinji, who was ingnoring her, which was, to Shinji's satisfaction, was making her angry. "Get....up....you...lazy.....asshole!" she shouted, slapping him repeately after every word.
"Hey...getoff....bitch..ow!" Shinji repiled, and in the process, Asuka Kicking him pretty hard. "What is your damn problem? I can't believe...."
"Believe what? Eh, Shinji?" Her puffed-up face was too much for Shinji. He was about to burst out laughing, yet his mind said better.
"Err...nothing. Let's get breakfast, shall we?" He got up, put on his shoes, and followed Asuka to the kitchen. She sat down. Shinji followed suit. Misato was already making what looked like instant noodles for the both of them. Several empty bottles of beer was lying beside her.
"She's upgraded. At least they can be reused...." Shinji muttered. Asuka was giggling. Misato has finished. She placed two bowls of noodles (well, they do look like noodles, Shinji thought) and two pair of chopsticks on the table. "Err......enjoy." Misato said to the both of them. Shinji looked at the bowl with uncertainty. "Why aren't you eating this Misato?" he asked.

"Well.......I'm full."

"WHAT?! How can you be full? You haven't ate anything yet!"

"Sorry.....I've gotta go. Bye....." She walked out the door. Asuka had already eaten a mouthful, and was choking, apparently. "WHAT.......DID....SHE....PUT...IN...THESE?!" she shouted, as she rushed to the fridge and opened a bottle of beer.
"Umm.....looks like a whole tin of chilli." Shinji pointed out. "Suckers........." He knew no more.

Shinji woke up, and saw Asuka lokking over him. "Sorry.....must had hit you pretty hard......"
"Err.....that's okay. That wasn't pretty hard." He got up. "Let's go....."

They were walking down a street which Shinji did not know. "It's pretty quiet here....."
"Yeah. It's not to my liking. No one to beat up......"
"So....you like to bash me..."
"Oh yeah....." Before she knew it, Shinji tripped her. She fell face-first to the ground. "Suckers...." Shinji said, before sprinting away.
"I'll get you......."

Shinji woke up in a hospital ward. Misato, Touji, Rei and Asuka was sitting beside him. "How....did I get here?"
Misato was the first to answer. "It seems that you were hit pretty hard in the back of the head by a blunt object."
"Really......" He suspiciously looked at Asuka, who was looking determinely at the ceiling. "Listen, Shinji, I've gotta go now. Seems that there is an unidentified object sighted near Bismarck. Bye." She kissed Shinji in an adult-like way. "Hmm......you're a pretty good kisser." Touji rose, grinning. "'Damn.....you're so lucky!"
"How am I?" Shinji replied, also grinning. "I'm llying in hospital, and you're saying that I'm lucky?"
"Yeah........" Touji replied wistfully. "Well........here's your schoolwork." He threw the papers into his face. "See ya." Th walked out, muttering to himself. Rei followed. That left Asuka sitting with Shinji. "Get lost........" Shinji angrily said. He pointed to the door.
"Shinji.....I'm really sorry......"
"Get out......."
"Please......."
"That was then. This is now. I've grown wiser. You're still the same, old, Asuka. I'm sick of it........"

"Fine. I'm off. Idiot." She angrily slapped Shinji, and walked off.
"Typical, old Asuka." Shinji grinned. "Such a sweet, bad-tempered girl....."

Chapter 2: The Past catches up.......

Misato and Ritsuko were at the front gate of the newly-built NERV facility.

"So.....what do you think?" Misato asked.
"Pretty good......not like the old facility."
"Yeah......I have to agree. Its more armored, and has better defensive systems. I also believe that they have developed a new super computer."
"Really?" Ritsuko said, as two NERV employees passed them, entering the fortress. "What is it called?"
"I don't know.......haven't bothered asking. Let's go inside......"

Misato fumbled for a Security card. "I'll do the honours." Ritsuko said. She swiped the card over the scanner, which took a moment for vertifying. The doors opened. They both entered and walked down to Sector 34, where the main lifts were. "Now where do we go?" Misato asked.
"Well.....I don't know. I'm new here, ain't I?"
"Oh yeah......"

After half an hour, they finally reached the main control room. There, they met some familar faces. "Hi Commander," Misato looked around. There was Makato Hyuga, and Maya Ibuki, two old workmates. There was also a couple of new faces. Well, thats a bit of an understatement. "So....how long was this place operational?" Ritsuko asked Makato. "Oh....about five months. There has been some disturbing signs of Angel activity is some places, all not proven, so...the UN decided to rebuild this place in case......"
"I understand." Ritsuko turned to Maya. "It it tru? A new super computer has been developed to replace the MAGI system?"
"Yes. The new system is approximetly fifty-times more powerful then its predecessor."
"So what is it called?" Misato asked.
"No name has been attributed to the system yet."
"Ok then. What's the condition of the EVAs?"
"EVA-00 is about eighty-eight percent complete. The new S2 engine has been installed, and tested. EVA-01 is one-hundred percent ready, and EVA-02 is ninety-eight percent complete."
"That's excellent news. Any infomation of Gendo Ikari?"
"No. Gendo is on the run from the UN.."
"The UN?"
"Yes, the UN. No one knows his current whereabouts. They all think he is in the mountains."
"Ok.....lets test the new system now." Ritsuko butted in.
"Yes Commander......."

Shinji was released from hospital. He was walking home. Asuka was walking behind him. She apparently didn't notice. Neither did Shinji. He turned around, and saw her walking pretty slowly, staring at her feet.Suddenly Shinji thought of something. Smirking, he picked up a small rock, and took aim. He threw the rock, just when Asuka looked up. It hit her squarely between the eyes. There was a scream of pain, then he heard her shout, "Screw you Shinji! I'm going to kill you!!" and she ran after Shinji, who was pretty suprised at her charge. He ran, faster than her,shouting, "Hey Asuka! Suckers....you can't catch me........"
He stopped just outside the entrance to the apartment, and waited for her. about five minutes later Asuak arrived, panting. "Why did you do that, Shinji?" SHe rubbed her forehead.
"I thought it was pretty funny...."
"PRETTY FUNNY?!" Shinji cowered in fear, as she was shouting her head off. "YOU DON'T KNOW......ah forget it. You don't....understand."
She opened the door, and walked inside. Shinji stood outside, thinking of what he just done. After a while, he decided to say sorry. He walked inside and went to his room. There, he went up to his bed, and lay there. This was just like before.....so what? He could just commit suicide, and life wouldn't be so bad.......but, there was so much to live for........

The door opened. It was no one. Shinji lay there, pondering his thoughts. He decided to get up, and have dinner. As he got up, out of nowhere, Asuka appeared in front of him. He bumped into her. His lips touched hers. Then he felt a surge of pain, as she slapped him. "What was THAT for?" she demanded, as Shinji felt his right cheek.
"Well....you just appeared in front of me! What the hell do you expect me to do?"
"Move back! You're just like Touji! An arrogant, selfish bastard!"
"Well....ok then. I'm sorry. I'm sorry for what I've done to you."
"Well...fine. What are we having?" She sat down at the table. "Hopefully Misato's not cooking."
"Yeah......that was funny....."
"Shut up, Shinji."
Shinji sat down at the table, directly opposite Asuka. He pulled out his cd-player, put the earphones in his ears,and started listening to it. "Well...got rid of your walkman I see."
"Yeah. Got it for a good price."

The door to their apartment opened. Misato, and Ritsuko entered. "Why are you here?" Asuka asked.
"Important business." Ritsuko immediatly answered.
"Does it involve the EVAs?" Shinji asked. Everybody looked at him.
"After dinner." Misato replied. "We'll tell you after dinner. And where did you get that CD-player?" Shinji shrugged. "Kids..." Misato muttered.

As it turns out, Misato cooked the same really spicy noodles. Asuka looked at Shinji. Ritsuko looked at the food in front of her with uncertainty. "What is this supposed to be?" she asked Misato.
"Noodles, duh."
Ritsuko took the chance, and ate a mouthful of these noodles. Asuka and Shinji looked at her. "Good luck,"Shinji muttered.

D.F.I.

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
"So, how are they?" Asuka asked. Both Shinji and Asuka grinned.
Ritsuko did not answer. A couple of seconds passed. Her expression did not change. Then her face went red, and she picked up the nearest bottle of beer, and drank all of its contents in one gulp.

"What was in that?" Ritsuko said. Misato didn't answer. Both Asuka and Shinji burst out laughing. "Well? SHinji, you know, don't you?"

"Yeah, "said Shinji, still grinning. "It contains...a pack of noodles, and a can of chilli."
"What?! A whole can?"
"Yeah...."

Ritsuko turned to Misato, who was turning red pretty fast. "Stick to fast food next time, okay? At least it's safe. Now,"Ritsuko turned to Shinji and Asuka. " The EVAs are going to be reactivated."
"WHAT?"
"Shut up, Shinji!" Asuka threw a bottle at Shinji. Luckily he moved sideways, avoiding it. It hit a cupboard next to Misato, and several of shattered glass hit her in her right arm. "God....when can the both of you stop fighting!"
"Fine....." Shinji sat back down.
"Well.....I'll summarise it for the both of you. The EVAs are to be reactivated, for reasons unknown...Misato is going to America, to investigate......"
"Oh okay then. That's.........great." Shinji got up. "I'm going to sleep."

The next day, Shinji was still sleeping. The alarm went off, and Shinji suddenly got up. He checked his watch. IT was 10 am. "Shit!" He quickly changed to his school clothes, and brushed his teeth. Asuka was still asleep, but Shinji let her sleep. Just as he put on his shoes, Asuka burst of of her room, shoting profanities. Shinji simply ignored her, and got out a bottle of eer. He drank it in three gulps. "See ya, Asuka." He walked out.

A couple of minutes later, A panting Asuka caught up with Shinji. "Why didn't you wake me up?"
Shinji Shrugged. "Well, I didn't want to disturb you. And, your mobile's ringing."
Asuka answered it. "Great. NO school today."
"Really? And where do we have to go?"
"Misato's going to pick us up. We're going to meet the sixth child. And later, the seventh."
Shinji looked down the road. Nothing. Shinji continued walking. He got his new MD out. Asuka followed. "Hey....you got an MD now? What happened to your CD-player?"
"Oh....trade-in." They both heard the familar sounds of a car approaching. It stopped in front of them. "Get in!" Misato shouted. Both complied.
"Where are we going?" Shinji asked, as Misato turned sharply to the left. Shinji and Asuka, who weren't wearing seat belts, slid the right. Shinji was leaning on her afterwards, and wasn't bothered to move off. "ACH NEIN! GETOFF!!" Asuka was shouting and trying to kick Shinji at the same time. After a couple of minutes, he got off, and slid to the other side, just when they have reached the airport. "Get on the helicopter, the both of you. And stop arguing. I'm sick of it."

The helicopter rose. It was flying pretty fast. Shinji was staring at the sea. Its rippling waves, its spendor, sickedned Shinji. Water. Shinji hated it, yet it was required for survival. "We're nearly there, Shinji." He looked up. He could see land. China.

Chapter 3: The sixth Child

The helicopter landed on an airstrip, at Beijing. The newly built city. "Looks just like Tokyo-3......" Shinji muttered. He looked around. The UN was here in force. Tanks, planes, and ships were stationed here.
"Ikari." Shinji turned around. There, standing there was Rei.
"Ayanami. Here as usual."
"What are you talking about, Ikari?" Rei was staring directly into Shinji's eyes. He found that very uncomfortable.
"Don't worry about it. Nice place, isn't it?"
"Yes. It is a nice place. Reminds me of home."
"Yeah.....Let's go now." He followed Misato, and Ritsuko into the hanger. Rei hesitated for a moment, then followed. Like she always.

Asuka was in awe, as she entered the hanger. There, stood Unit-10. The new EVA. It is what you expected in an EVA. It had quite long legs, for speed, and pretty long arms, for close combat. This EVA was very suited for melee fights. Its head was very similar to Unit-01, which he found very disturbing. Shinji was staring at it, when someone tapped him on the shoulder. He quickly turned around. There, standing in front of him was a teenager, similar to him in size. He had very messy black hair, and glasses which, to Shinji's opinion, was pretty cool. "Hi," He smiled at him. "I see you're looking at my EVA. Pretty cool, eh?"
"Yeah......anyway, what's your name?"
"Muli. Muli Zhou. What's yours?" Again he smiled at Shinji.
"Shinji. Shinji Ikari."
"Yes..the great Shinji Ikari. The savior of mankind. Yes...I heard all about your battles with the angels."
"Err...thanks. What is the EVA's main purpose?"
"Its a agility/strength hybrid. Its supposed to be a melee fighter, due to its massive strength."
"It's black....like Unit-03. Why is that?"
"I dunno...don't ask me. I didn't create it."
"Anyway....where are you going?"
"To Tokyo-3....I was assigned to go there.....shocking, hey?"
"Yeah....." An awkward silence followed. It was only broken by Asuka. "So..you're the new pilot. I'm Asuka Lanley Soyruu. What's your name?"
"Is...she always like this? It's scaring me."
Shinji burst out laughing. Asuka cast a sharp ook at him, who promply got the message. "Yeah....she's always like this."
"Ok then." He turned to Asuka. "My name is Muli. Muli Zhou."
"Muli? What kind of gay name is that?"
"At least it's better than yours........."
Asuka was about to slap Muli. Her Arm was raised, but Misato intervined. "Let's go now. The EVA is ready to be transported."
"Where are we going?" Shinji asked, as they were waslking towards the helicopter.
"Home."
"Where are you staying, Muli?" Asuka asked, as the boarded the helicopter.
"At....er...your place."
"WHAT?!"

Hours later, they finally reached the apartment. "Asuka, go into Shinji's room. Muli's staying in yours."
"Oh God....why am I so unlucky?"
Shinji was shocked. But, at least he took the news better than her.
Shinji helped Asuka take her stuff to his room. Muli was grinning. "Indeed...."
Shinji wasn't pleased. "SHUT UP!" Muli was still grinning. "Listen, mate, I'm sure that she's not going to be a problem. I'm gonna take a bath."
"You don't understand, do you. She might be beautiful, but she's one, mean biatch. I'm warning you. Don't make her angry."
"Why?" asked Muli, still grinning.
"I...found out the hard way." Muli picked his belongings up, and carried them to his room. "Lucky bastard........"

That night, Shinji was lying in his room, staring at the ceiling. "Where's my MD?" he muttered, getting up to search for it. He searched his pockets. It was in his left one. Placing the headphones in his ears, he listened. For a couple of hours, his listened. It was past midnight. Asuka was probably sulking, Shinji thought. She wouldn't be awake for this long..........

He heard footsteps. He did nothing. They were getting closer. Its probably Misato getting a drink, he thought. He closed his eyes.......

He dreamt that he was in his EVA, battling something.....something similar...something he knew. Misato was shouting at him, urging him on, Ritsuko was standing next to her, shaking her head. He hears screams...from the other. He pulls out a prog knife. With a couple of slashes, the enemy is easily felled. The smoke is clearing.......he finally sees what he is battling......

"Shinji! Are you okay?" Shinji opened his eyes. Asuka, Misato and Muli was staring at him. He realized that he was lying on the floor, his hands were covering his face. "What...happened?"
"You had a nightmare," Misato answered. Her hands were clutching onto Shinji's shoulder.
"Oh.....I'm okay...let go, Misato, you're cutting of my circulation. "Sorry." Shinji got up. "It's nothing serious."

Shinji, Misato, Asuka and Muli sat down at the table.
"What are we doing?" Muli asked.
"We're making a new timetable," Misato simply replied. "Since Shinji is tired of doing all the jobs, I've devised a simple way of making a timetable."
"Yeah? And what is that?" Asuka asked. Misato simply smiled at her.
"Scissors, paper and rock game. Loser gets the job."

After a couple of games, the jobs were distrubuted. Shinji got twenty percent of the jobs. Muli, thirty. Asuka, seventy percent.
Misato smiled. "There.....done." Everyone looked at her, anger clearly seen in their eyes. "Well, that was fair, wasn't it?"

Chapter 4: The seventh Child

Misato's pager rang. She checked it, then said to the three of them, "Let's go. We're meeting the seventh child."

They all got ready, Shinji the fastest. "Hurry up, Asuka!" he shouted, tapping his fingers on the shelf. Muli took a bottle of beer from the fridge, and started drinking it. "Damn...Misato has pretty good taste.."
"Yeah....have you ever seen her in the mornings?"
"This is the morning, Shinji........and yeah. She can drink a lot. I think it was about nine bottles......"
Shinji laughed. "Yeah....wish I can drink like that...."

Ten minutes later, they were in a hovercraft, which its destination was unknown. "Where are we going?" Asuka asked.
"The USS Gantalor.....a massive battleship, one of the biggest in the US fleet...or what's left of it."
"What do you mean, what's left of it?" Shinji said, staring at Misato directly to her face.
"Well......you know about the mysterious events happening in the US?"
"Yeah...but.."
"Well....it seems that it was an Angel. It was apparently, trying to find something......."
"But.....didn't the dead...."
"No. It was all lies. We think it was trying to find Adam....."
"But wasn't it destroyed?" Muli said. " I thought all evidence relating to NERV was destroyed."
"Well, yes, but apparently Gendo Ikari still hasn't destroyed the embryo of Adam. Therefore, he is still on the run......."
"Oh....." There was a long period of silence that followed. "Ma'am, we're nearly there." said the pilot. Shinji looked out of the window.

D.F.I.

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
There, stood the gigantic battleship, the USS Gantalor, the pride of the US Naval fleet. With twenty fifty-inch guns, with Tungsten-tipped rounds, this ship could easily annihilate almost any oppostion. "Pretty impressive," Shinji muttered. Asuka silently agreed.

The hovercraft stopped next to entryway 04. The doors opened, and stood there, was Ritsuko. "Where's Rei?" Misato asked. Ritsuko shrugged. "She couldn't make it."
A soldier approached the both of them. "All of you, report to Gate 25. Your informants shall meet you there. This way."

He led the way, down endless corridors, all of which are heavily guarded. "You'll meet them at the end of this hallway." He pointed at two figures at the end of the hallway. And with that, he walked back they way he came from. The five of them walked down the hallway, their footsteps echoing of the walls. "This feels pretty strange, Shinji," Asuka said.
"Yeah, but it is pretty cool, being on a battleship of this calibur," he replied.
They finally reached the end. The two figures could clearly been seen. Both of them are grown men. "Welcome." he shook Misato's hand. "You must be Misato Katsuragi. I know much about you."
Misato was blushing. "Thanks."
"I'm Admiral James Briggs, commander of the US Armed Naval Forces." He smiled at her. She smiled back, blushing ever more redder.
"I'm Minister Gregorian Rotterham, commander of the US special Forces. You're Ritsuko Akagi, right?" He smiled.
"Yes."
"Let's get back to business." Both men pulled out security cards, which Misato saw were LV-10 cards, the highest type. They scanned the cards, in syncronisation. After five seconds, the cards were vertified, and the sealed gates opened.
"Wo....." Muli muttered. "That's one pretty cool EVA."

The three of them were staring at the EVA. "Looks like that its the annihilator-type," Muli said.
"The Annihilator-type?" Asuka asked in bewilderment.
"Yeah. Look. It has pretty big arms, to carry a lot a weight. It's main weapon is a Type-II laser rifle, which can severly damage an AT field. Also, it has Titanium Type-III armour, which gives it a pretty good defence."
"How do you know all this?"
Muli shrugged. "Nothing to do. I'll just read whatever comes my way."

Shinji, however was walking closer to the EVA. "Hmm....I wonder who pilots it?"
"I do." Shinji turned around. "My name's Alicia Jones." According to Shinji, she was pretty smart. And she looks similar to Asuka. With red hair, down below her shoulders, and brown eyes, she did look similar to her. She smiled at Shinji. He grinned. "What's yours?"
"Shinji. Shinji Ikari."
"So....you like my EVA? It's an Annihilator-type."
"Yeah...pretty cool. Designed for Heavy-combat situations?"
"Yeah....that's what I like about it."
"Yeah...me too......"

They were interrupted by Misato. "Hey, you two, let's get lunch."
As they walked to the Admiral's cabin, which took a long time, Shinji was staring at his feet. Glancing at Asuka occasionally he continued staring at his feet, until he was interrupted by Alicia.
"Anything wrong, Shinji?"
She seems optimistic, he thought. "Nah.....just thinking."
"Alright.....we're there."

They entered the Admiral's cabin. It looks just like Misato's apartment. "Err...." Shinji said. "Has the admiral ever cleaned this place ever?"
"No, not really." They all turned around. There, stood the Admiral. Misato smiled. James smiled also. "Shocking," Ritsuko muttered.

"Here's your lunch. I'd cooked it myself." He handed them all a medium-sezed bowl of noodles. Shinji, Asuka and Ritsuko looked at the bowl cautiously. "Um..who's gonna eat first?" Shinji said.
"I will." Muli ate a mouthful. For a few seconds, his face did not change colour. That was a good sign. Then, after twenty seconds, his face turned a bright red. Shinji, Asuka and Alicia burst out laughing. Ritsuko handed him a glass of water. Muli drank it down in one gulp, which everyone does, after eating these noodles. "I don't feel hungry." Ritsuko muttered.
"Me either." Asuka and Shinji said in unison. They all pushed their bowls away. However, Muli and Misato finished their bowls pretty fast. "Hey James," Misato said, "do you have any beer?"
"Yeah..." he threw a bottle to her. She caught it easily. "It's not the best, but I hope its alright."

A couple of beers later, a shellshocked James was left cleaning the mess. "Fifteen beers," He muttered softly, so no-one could hear. "What a woman."
"I've given orders for your men to transport Unit-12 to NERV headquarters by tomorrow. Hopefully, we'll see you again."
"Yes." James was dejected that Misato had to leave so early. However, Misato gave him her phone number. "Call me......"

At 8pm, they all reached Misato's apartment. Ritsuko was muttering on her bad lifestyle, while Misato was saying this is the perfect way to live.
"Listen, you should do a bit..."
"Hey! Asuka and Shinji volunteered..."
Shinji and Asuka gave a sharp look at Misato. She didn't continue the subject any further. "Alicia, you're staying in Muli's room." Muli showed her to his room. "Lucky....." SHinji muttered.

That night, Shinji was listing to his MD again. Asuka was lying on her side of the bed, staring at the ceiling. Shinji had decided to go to sleep, when Asuka said, "Shinji, can I borrow your MD?"
Shinji responded with a resounding, "No."
"Please, Shinji...."
"No."
"That's it......"
She jumped on top of him, trying to wrestle the MD out of his hands, but failing. "Let....go...of...it..." Shinji said, throught gritted teeth. Finally, after a few minutes, the MD was wrentched out of his hands. "HA!" she triumphantly punched the air, before Shinji tackled her, and took back the MD. At the same thime, THe door opened, and staring at them, were Muli and Alicia. They were staring at Shinji, who was on top of Asuka. "What is going on!?" Alicia and Muli said in unison. "Nothing," Shinji and Asuka replied. "Really.......we'll leave you two alone....bye."

Chapter 8: The First Attack

The newly installed Commander-in-Chief, Fabian Nagina, was sitting at his command post, when an alarm sounded. "Warning: Unidentified object approaching our Sector. Identifying......"
"What's happening?" Nagina shouted.
"Shit....blood type: Blue. Its an Angel." Hyruga replied.
"Prepare code-red defence......how long will it take to reach our position?"
'Approximetly twenty minutes........." Maya replied, fear in her voice. Its been quite a while since the last Angel attacked.

Misato just arrived. "What's the situation?" she asked Hyruga.
"Angel approaching.......we don't have much time! Oh shit......"
"What?"
"It's here already!"
"Are the EVAs ready?" Misato was feeling very agitated now.
"Yes, but...."
"Launch all of them!"
"What?! Launch all of them? Units 10 and 12 aren't ready!"
"That's an order! Launch them!"

Shinji, Asuka, Rei, Muli and Alicia were ready. "I'm not sure.....about this...." Shinji muttered.

"Don't worry.....I'm sure we'll all make it......" Asuka replied, smiling.

"Prepare for launch........"
"Yes, commander."

Shinji was hit with a large burst of acceleration. He was used to it. So was Asuka and Rei. But Muli and Alicia, who haven't done this before, winced in pain, due to the G-Force applied to them. All of them landed five kilometres in front of the Angel.
"It...looks like...Shinji's EVA...." Muli muttered.
"What?" Shinji took a clear, long look. It, indeed, look like his EVA. It seemed......similar, as it he has seen it before. Its arms rose, so it was parallel to the ground. "What the.." Asuka said. The arms were aimed at Rei and Asuka. Suddenly Shinji remembered. "Get down!" He shouted at Asuka and Rei.
"What? Why....." she did not get to finish her sentence. The Angel released some sort of spear from its arms, which hit Asuka squarely in the chest. She screamed in pain, and collapsed. "ASUKA!" Muli shouted. Luckily, Rei ducked just in time. "Shinji......"
"What?" he shouted, horrified. "We didn't say anything!" Muli shouted in return, too shocked to move. "But.....I heard....."

The angel closed in on Asuka, with record speed. Within two seconds, it was adjacent to her. Unit-00 lunged at the Angel. It simply turned around, and shot its weapon at her. A rumble could be heard. There was a bright light surrounding Shinji. "What...what's going on? Muli? Alicia? Misato?"

After the light disappeared, Shinji was horrified at the devestation. All the EVAs were down. "MULI!!" he shouted. No response. "Shinji.......Shinji..."
"Who's saying that?"
"I...am....." Realisation dawned on him. "....You?" Shinji stupidly replied.
"Yes....."
"Why are you here?" Shinji found himself shouting. "Shinji, what are you talking about," came the voice from the intercom.
"You know why. You know your purpose here on this world."
Shinji found talking to an Angel were strange. "What is my purpose on this world? Tell me....."
"I can't tell you. You'll find out later on. And, I am Davion. I am the traitor."
"Why are you the traitor?" Shinji found himself asking.
"Because I'm speaking to you, Shinji. My purpose is to kill you."
"Isn't your purpose is to find Adam?"
"He is already found."
"What do you mean......"
"He has transformed back to his origional form. He is in hiding.....now, everything's going back to normal, before we had this talk......." with that, the Angel tried to slash Shinji, who was hit. He flew a couple a kilometres backwards, smashing into a building. Shinji was seriously injured. As he looked up, he saw it walk away.........

"We shall battle again, Ikari."

Shinji blinked a couple of times. Did that happen? He did not know. He heard something. Looking around, he finally realized that was his intercom. "Shinji....are you alright?" It was Misato. "Err.....yeah...." came the reply.

D.F.I.

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Chapter 8: Realisation of the purpose of life

Shinji walked through the hospital corridors. It was quite pleasing, for some reason. He did not know. All he knew was he had nothing to do, and decided to visit Muli, who's still in hospital. Alicia and Asuka were there too, but he didn't care about them. "Finally," he muttered. Ward 401. He entered. To his left, lay Alicia and Asuka. To his right lay Muli. He approached, and sat down on a chair adjacent to him. Muli woke up.
"Hey....what are you doing here?"
"Nothing to do, I guess. Are you okay?"
"Yeah....I'm okay." Muli looked out the window. "What did happen anyway?"
"Nothing. It got away."
"But......"
"I couldn't kill it. It was too powerful for me."
"It's more like you didn't want to. You hesitated." Muli got up. "Why didn't you just kill it?"
"I told you....it was too powerful." Shinji was starting to get angry now. "I don't want to talk about it...."
He got up, and walked out. "Bye...."

Shinji was again in his room. "Screw him.....what does he know?"
He picked up his MD and threw it at the door. Unfortunetely, Asuka opened it, before it smashed onto it. "What the hell was that for Shinji?" she shouted.
"Nothing....go away." Shinji had finally decided to ignore Asuka for the rest of his life. Asuka approached him cautiously.
"Shinji....are you okay? You seem....distanced."
"I've always seemed distanced for you......." Shinji retorted viciously. He had enough. Enough of everything. Asuka sat down on Shinji's bed.
"Why are so angry now? What had we done to you?" she held his hand.
"Nothing...I'm just thinking...pondering..."
"About what?" She smiled. Shinji was sick of that smile. But it made him slightly happier.
"The EVAs. Why are they still active? Why weren't they destroyed after the last angel was destroyed?"
"I don't know. All I know...." she gripped his hand tighter. "is that the Angels are back. They have to be destroyed. But what they are searching for, we don't know."
"Hey Asuka..." Shinji looked at her. She blushed. "Can you lossen you grip? It's cutting of my circulation."
"Oh...sorry...." She let go. "Anyway Shinji......can I borrow your MD?"
"Sure....take it. How long do you want it for?"
"Two weeks. I'll return it....."
Shinji got up. "Where are you going?" she asked, holding his MD.
"For a walk......"
"Oh....can I come too?"
Shinji smiled. "Sure....."

A couple of minutes later, Shinji and Asuka were walking on the main road. It started to snow. "Oh Shinji, isn't this so beautiful?" she said. "I've never seen snow before......"
Asuka held Shinji's hand. "I wish I was back home........"
Shinji stared at the sky. It was beautiful, he thought. He closed his eyes........

"OW!!" SHinji walked right into a telegraph pole. He rubbed his forehead. "Are you okay?" Asuka asked.
"Yeah.....just an accident....I've gotta sit down."

Shinji spotted a bench nearby, and the both of them sat down.
"Hey Shinji......."
"Yes?" Shinji turned to Asuka. "What were you gonna ask me?"
"Nothing.....forget it."
Shinji turned and stared at his feet. "Why do I still pilot an EVA, Asuka? I don't want to, yet I still do...."
"Why did you bring this up now?"
"It's been in my mind for quite a while now. I want to leave this all behind......."
"Don't.....it'll just get worse. Just deal with it now.....tell me..."
"You'll don't understand."
"Fine. You're just a jerk, Shinji. Holding back your feelings. I always wondered why I liked you......"
"What?" Shinji quickly got up. "You......I can't believe this.....this is bullshit......."
"Nah....I'm just kidding." Shinji walked off. "Hey.....wait up!"

Muli, Alicia and Misato were playing blackjack, when the both of them returned. "Where did the both of you go?" Misato eyed both of them. "Just walking around."
"Right, Shinji."
"I'm going to bed. Good Night."
Everyone stared at Shinji. He never went to bed this early. Not at eight. "Is there something wrong, Shinji?" Alicia asked. She was angry because she lost so much money to Misato.
"No, nothing's wrong."
Shinji flopped onto his bed. "Damn......" He wished his father was here. He hated him, but somehow, he loved him. A pathedic feeling, he thought. He wished it would go away. But it wouldn't. Angrily he grabbed the nearest pillow and threw it as hard as he could at the door. Again, the door slid open. Alicia appeared. It hit her really hard on her head.

"What the hell was that?!" Shinji didn't say anything.

"Idiot......." she started to walk out.
"Wait....why are you here?" She stared at Shinji suspiciously.
"Just felt like it. Come out, Shinji. Play BlackJack with us. I'm losing so much money......."
Shinji laughed. "Don't play with Misato. She's too good.......but she can't beat me."
Alicia smiled. "Then come out......."
"Fine......"

After a couple of games, Shinji had tripled his allowance. Misato lost most of her money. The rest also lost, but not as severely.
"That's it.....you're doing all the chores!" Misato was sulking.
"That's okay. I always do all the chores. Sheesh."
He and Asuka got up in unison. "We're going to bed. Good night."
As soon as they were out of the room, Asuka pushed Shinji onto the bed. "Give it back....or else."
Shinji grinned. "Nah......I earned it. Legally. So...I won't give it back."
Asuka slapped Shinji, must missed. By just centimetres. Shinji quickly got up. "I'll pay you.....later."
"Now......" Asuka picked up a pillow adjacent to her. Shinji's eyes darted from the pillow, to Asuka.
"If you really want it that badly, why can't you wait until tomorrow?"
"Be....cause....I'm...not....the....wai...ting...type....."she said, smashing him in the process. And she added a kick.
"Hey!.....Fine....." He gave her a couple of notes. "Thats good. Good night."
Asuka helped Shinji up. "Thanks," he muttered. "Ow...you hit me so hard......."
"It helps.....I'm so sorry." SHinji looked at her incrediously.
"Err...next time, when you smash me in some way, don't say sorry. It scares me."
Asuka laughed. "Right......well, good night."

Shinji again dreamt that he was in his room. Asuka was slapping him, but he was used to it. After pushing her away from him, he pulled the door open. Instead of the kitchen, he was staring at something very different. It took him a moment to realize what it was. "Central Dogma?" Shinji muttered to himself.
He walked around. LCL was everywhere. Just like two years ago. It hasn't changed. Except for the fact the Lilith was still there, nailed. He stared at it for a while. Then, cautiously, he approached it. Slowly, step by step, until he was adjacent to it. HE started to reach out for it, when he started floating up. HE looked up. There was a white light. It was getting closer, closer, brighter, brighter.......

"Shinji! Get up!" came a familar voice. Shinji suddenly opened his eyes. He checked his watch. It was ten. "Hurry up! Get your clothes on!"
"Get out first, then!" Shinji put on his shirt quite quickly.
"Come on, Shinji. I've seen you change so many times. Just..oh, fine then." she added, noticing Shinji's furious look. After two minutes, Shinji was finished. They were waiting for Muli and Alicia now. Ten minutes passed. Twenty. After half an hour, Shinji decided to check up. "Shocking...."

D.F.I.

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
"What's wrong?" Asuka asked.
"Idiots. Wake up!" Shinji threw a couple of pillows at them. "We're really late. Well....I'll get a drink." Shinji searched the fridge. He found an unopened bottle, and opened it.
"Hey, can you wait? We're changing. Sorry......" Muli shouted.
Asuka turned to Shinji. "This is really pathedic, ain't it?"
"Yeah.....but they're new here. And they forgot the set their alarm."

Twenty minutes later, Shinji and Asuka were still waiting. "Now....this is really pathedic." Shinji muttered, having drunk his eleventh beer. Asuka checked her watch. It was 10:40.
"Let's just go....."
"No. Misato told us that they should come with us."
"Hey Shinji," Muli called out. "Have you seen my pants?"
Shinji shook his head in disbelief.

D.F.I.

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
"Testing of Unit-12 armour commencing."
"Fire Type-G weaponary."

Ten shots were fired, one mile away from the EVA. It hit the EVA with such a destructive force that it would've destroyed several armies. The other EVAs would've been severly damaged. But Unit-12 stood, defiant as if a god. There was barely any scratches.

"Any damage on the EVA?"
"Barely. The upper torso suffered minor damage. Only 2% was suffered."
"That's great. Now...." Ritsuko was distracted by the alarm. The screens suddenly switched to the horizon, where a blurred figure could be seen.
"What is it?" Misato shouted. She sounded worried. The angels now were powerful.
"Checking.....blood type: blue. It's an angel alright. Alert them. What do we do now?" Maya asked.
"Fire all Type-G weaponary at it."
"Yes, commander........"

An explosion hit headquarters. "What's the damage report?" Misato shouted.
"Heavy damage to the exterior. Power's down, but the backup power is up and online."
"Exellent. I'll warn them......."

Shinji's mobile rang. It rang a couple more times. "Answer it..."
"Fine....Hello, Misato. What do you want....ok then.....we'll be there. Bye."
"What is it, Shinji?" Alicia walked out of the room, fully dressed.
"An angel is coming. We'll better hurry. Oh god, Muli, haven't you found your pants yet?"
"Just found it......"
"Bloody hell......"

They ran for it. People had already rushed for the shelters. Shinji was leading. Asuka was already struggling to keep up, so were Muli an Alicia. "Come on.....keep up...OW!"
He crashed straight into Rei. He fell backwards, into a telegraph pole.
"Watch where you're going, Ikari." Rei held out her hand. "You're so stupid sometimes......."
"Err.....okay then." Shinji replied stupidly. "We'll better hurry."

They reached the entrance to NERV. Shinji tried out his security card. No use. "Damn......oh yeah. We've not got our new ones yet."
"Now what Shinji? What do we do?" Asuka said.
"I'll call Misato. She'll know how to get us inside."
"Fine........"
Shinji punched in a few numbers. "Hello?"
"Err.....Misato, we've got a problem. You forgot to hand us the damn new security cards.....yeah.....really.......fine. Bye."
"So? What did she say?"
"She said she gave it to you. She said that you threw them out......."
The doors opened. "About time!.." Asuka shouted, but was met by Misato. She was looking pretty angry.
"Get inside!" she hissed, not looking at any of them. "Go to your respective areas!"

Within minutes, all five were inside their entry plug, and their EVAs ready to launch.
"What's the situation?" Misato just re-entered the control room.
"Angel within four minutes. WE've got an accurate image-recognition now."
Everyone looked at the screen. (It basically looks like a hydralisk. No need to describe it.)
"Okay, you know the battle plan. Shinji, Rei and Asuka are support. Alicia will draw its attention, while Muli will close in for the kill."
Asuka was beside herself. "You're joking. ****ing biatch."
"Launch Unit-00 and 01 now!"
Shinji's EVA was launched first. As he was launched, the alarm sounded again. "What now?" Misato shouted to Ritsuko.
"I don't know.........this is wrong....there couldn't be....."

The light was getting closer. Shinji could finally feel the sunlight. As he exited, he felt a lot of pain on his sides. Shinji flew like one kilometre, only stopped by a building. It discintigrated into rubble.
Shinji looked at his side. Blood was freely flowing from the wound.

"Launch all EVAs at once!" Misato was clearly worried at this point. "What's the status of the pilot of Unit-01?"
"There's blood in the entry plug.....looks like he's been hit hard....."
Shinji tried to get up, but the pain on his sides forced him back down. "Bloody hell....stupid angel....."
(Err....does anybody know how an hydralisk fires its weapon? Please tell me.......)
The Angel fired two spines at Shinji. Both hit, one on his lower right leg, and the other in his upper torso. They pinned Shinji to the ground. The EVAs landed beside Shinji. "Hey mate, are you okay?" Muli asked, staring at him.
"Yeah......." Shinji coughed up blood. "Shit...this is bad....."
Alicia aimed at the hydralisk, and fired a volley of shots. It hit the hydralisk, but there were no obvious wounds. It then fired back, hitting Alicia in the arm, and her chest. The hydralisk then moved in the the kill. As she screamed in apin, Shinji couldn't help it, but feel sorry for her. Shinji tried to get up, but the spines were embedded strongly into the ground. "Bloody hell....." He took out his prog knife. It was the new version, but still had the same look. He threw it at the Hydralisk, which penetrated its AT field easily. It hit it in the head, and blood was flowing down its wound. It now turned its attention to Shinji. With it's teeth bared, it moved towards Shinji at a frightening pace. Muli drew out his sword, at stood his ground in front of the Hydralisk. "No...don't...." Shinji muttered, coughing up more blood.
"Don't......" Muli was slashed by it. He fell down, face first instantly.

"We're in trouble now....." Misato muttered. Sweat could clearly be seen on her face. "Almost all the EVAs are down......"
"I concur. Our only hope now is in Asuka."

Asuka picked up Muli's sword, and charged at the Angel. However the Hydralisk fired more spines at it. It hit Asuka straight in the face, and exploded with such great force that she was knocked back right into SHinji. The good news is that it dislodged him, and at last he could stand up again. The bad news was that the hydralisk moved towards them again. "Getoff me........" Shinji muttered.
She got up, and stared directly at the face of her adversary, who was next to her. Before she knew it, it stabbed her in the chest, and it bared its teeth, before biting her in the neck. Asuka winced, coughing up blood all the same. Shinji could not stand this. He felt very weak. Using his last ounce of strength, he charged at the angel. The angel fired two spines at SHinji. One hit Shinji in the eye, and the other missed. But he still kept on going. He picked up Muli's sword, and stabbed it into the enemy's head. It screamed in pain, but still relentless in its attack.

"How do we kill this angel?" Misato asked.
"I don't know. There's seems to be no weakness.........."
SHinji pulled the sword out of his head, and instead stabbed, to everyone's suprise, Asuka. The angel finally let go of her, and instead turned to Shinji.

"What the....?" Misato was shocked, like everyone else.
"SHINJI!! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?"
She looked back onto the screen. Shinji picked up his prog knife on the ground and stabbed the Angel in the heart. It stared at Shinji for a moment, before exploding in a fireball. "So that's why I'm still here," he muttered. "To save humanity." He smiled, before he blacked out.

When he woke up, he was staring at the ceiling of the hospital. Misato was sitting of the chair to his right. She smiled. Shinji closed his eyes again.......
He woke up again. Still in the hospital. But Misato was absent. Instead, Touji was here. "Hey Shinji, that was one cool battle......especially when you stabbed Asuka. Revenge is sweet........"
"Yeah....." Shinji smiled. "Wish that battle lasted longer........." Again he closed his eyes........
He woke up, but he did not open his eyes. He heard people speaking around him.
"He's an idiot......"
"I'm sure that was......."
"I'm gonna kill him if he wakes up....."
"Yeah, but....."
"Be quiet!" Misato hissed. "He's still sleeping."
"Why don't you shut up first, Misato?" Asuka was clearly getting angry now.
Shinji grinned. Nobody seemed to notice this. He decided to open his eyes, but then someone slapped him pretty hard.
"What was that for?!" SHinji got up and faced Asuka. "Why did you slap me for?"
Muli and Alicia s******ed. Shinji decided to ignore this.
"Well....um.....uh....forget it. Sorry.......I've gotta go. See ya."
"Hmph." Shinji lay back down, and went back to sleep.

After about a week, Shinji was released from hospital. As he went back home, he bumped into Rei. "Hi Rei....." Shinji's voice trailed off.
"Hi Ikari. Would you mind stepping aside? I've got to go somewhere........"
"Really? Where?"
"I'm sorry, but I can't tell you. It's somewhere......"
"Oh. Bye then."
Shinji continued walking. He was looking into the sky. Living felt so much better........or so he thought.

Chapter 9: The unknown

Misato was cooking dinner. Shinji and Asuka were shocked.
"Why can't you just make instant food?" Asuka moaned. Shinji nodded his head in agreement.
"I'm sure that her cooking isn't that bad......." Muli said.
"Yeah....we've haven't tried it yet." Alicia piped in.
"Yeah fine. You can try it." Shinji replied. "We have too mch experience. Anyway Misato," Shinji turned his head to her. "What are we having?"
"Seaweed." She simply replied. "Just seaweed. I don't have anything else. Sorry."
"Ach Nein......" Asuka muttered.
The only good thing is that it was thrown out. Misato was the first one to try it, and vomited it as soon as she placed it in her her mouth. Shinji grinned.

"Tommorow, you all are gonna have your Sync tests. Good night."
Misato said, as she drank her tenth beer.

D.F.I.

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
"It's harmonics test, Misato." Shinji grabbed the bottle out of her hand. "You should stop drinking...."
"Hey! Give that back!" Misato lunged at Shinji, who stepped backwards. Misato smashed into the wall.
"Go to sleep, then."
"Grrr......."

Shinji had trouble sleeping. He dreamt that he was walking down a deserted street. He went into a jog, turning right at every second street. He was finding something, someone.....then he decided to go to NERV headquarters. Some reason. As he reached the door, he pulled out his security card and scanned it. He entered, and saw something, something similar......

"Father!!" Shinji shouted. He walked away. Shinji chased after him, but the faster he ran, the more further he was. After a while, he gave up. Panting, he heard something behind him. Turning around, he saw Misato, holding a samurii sword.

"Misato? What are you doing here?" Misato did not reply. She instead kicked Shinji. "What was that....." Misato stabbed him in the heart with the sword.......

"NOO!!!"
"Shinji! SHinji!"
Shinji opened his eyes. There Asuka stared at him.
"What....happened?" Shinji was confused.
"You just had a bad dream......"
"Oh...don't look at me like that!" Asuka was taken aback.
"Fine! Fine! Goodnight!" Asuka threw a pillow at him. It hit him in the face. Seething, SHinji went back to sleep.

His terrible mood continued throughout the morning. He attempted to ignore Asuka, and that failed miserably. Every time Asuka smiled at him, Shinji couldn't be bothered to ignore her afterwards.
"Screw her....." SHinji found himself muttering as the four of them walked to school. Misato had informed them that the Harmonics test has been cancelled.
"Hey Muli...."
"What, Shinji?" Muli was angry that he and Asuka had a shouting match, and he lost. "What do you want?"
"Nothing....forget it."
"Oh sure...I'm not useless. Come on, tell me....."
"It's nothing. Forget it." Shinji clenched his fists.
"Please......"
Shinij punched Muli in the face. He flew ten metres back. Alicia and Asuka were shocked.
"Why did you do that, SHinji?" Alicia asked timidly.
"SHUT UP! I don't want to talk to you...or you." He added, turning to Asuka. He ran off.
"What...just happen?" ASuka asked Alicia.
"I...dunno. We've better help Muli."

After running about ten blocks, going anyway he wished, Shinji stopped by a telegraph pole. Shinji leaned against it, panting. "Damn....where am I?" Shinji slid down slowly. "Bastards.......I'm gonna kill them....." He stared into the sky. It was still blue, and it was pretty cloudy. "Oh well....It's probably gonna rain....." It started raining heavily. "Damn.....better get to school...." He checked his watch. "Oh.....2 pm....better not." He started walking back home. On the way, he passed his school. It was half past two. "Hmm....better sit down." Found a bench nearby, and sat down. It was still reaining heavily, and he was completely soaked. "Ahh......this is cool....." Shinji muttered happily.

"Damn....where the hell is he?" Muli was sporting an icepack over his eye. Since the teacher wasn't here, they had a free period.
"I dunno.......he's been gone for quite a while. It's not like him."
Asuka was throwing paper all around the classroom. Alicia was reading a book.
"Hmm...it's raining pretty heavily. Maybe we should look for SHinji....."
"Nah...don't bother. He's such an idiot..he'll turn up here anyway."
Asuka was now reading a book. Muli tookthe icepack off his eye. "Anyway....I'm gonna go outside......"
"Why? it's raining.." Touji and Kensike sat next to Muli. Touji looked up to Muli's eye. "What the hell happened?"
"Err....just an accident. Tripped. I'm gonna look out the window."

Shinji looked up. "Hmm....class 2-A. Bastards. Maybe I should......nah. This is so much fun...." He then close his eyes, and dozed off. "Bitches....." HE was just about to go to sleep, when something hard hit him on the forehead. "What the..." He looked up. There, unmistakingly, was Muli, Asuka, Alicia, Tuoji and Kenske. "YOU!! THAT'S IT!!!!" He picked up a couple of rocks, and started throwing it at them. To everyone's suprise, even Shinji's, they all hit their intended targets. He then grinned. "See you, guys! I've gotta go!" And he walked away.
"We're gonna get him......" Asuka was shaking her fist. Muli looked at his watch. "You've got your chance, Asuka. it should end about now." And he was right. The bell rang just after he finished his sentence. Asuka quickly got her back, slung it on her back and ran out. "She's pretty angry......."
"She's always angry." Muli looked around. It was Rei. "Well...goodbye."
"Yeah....bye."

It rained heavier than before. Shinji was still walking without an umbrella. "Bastards......heh heh heh. They deserved it." He heard footsteps behind him. It sounded like they were approaching him really fast. "Shinji...SHINJI!!"
"Wha.....AHH!!!" Asuka just punched Shinji in the back of the head. He fell down head first onto the pavement.
"What the hell was that for?" Shinji rubbed the back of his head.
"Now we're even." Asuka smiled, and got out her umbrella. She walked away.