The carrier is HUGE

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
No, not in the game, they take the same.

Either way, Visions of Khas, I lost my SC manual, but I thought something was kept in the Cybernetic core... Was it the warrior's body, or their mind? Not sure :-/

Anyway, it makes sense that the StarGate is way larger than the Gateway. If we consider that something as huge as the carrier (as it seems to be there) is warped from Aiur, and it is warped inside the building, then it oughta be huge.

Visions of Khas

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Observors and Reavers are produced on the battlefield.

The Cybernetics Core is where the necessary materials for the construction of a Dragoon walker are kept. This is also the site of "essence translators". Though it is debatable about what these things truly are, my theory is that they help the fallen Protoss warrior focus their spirits through the Dragoon, effectivley making it an extension of their body; their very soul permeates the dragoon itself. Still, even though theese things contain their spirits, the warrior's orignal body is kept within the core of the dragoon, for it still serves as an anchor for the spirit in the material realm of reality.

Sakuhta

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
That is totally awesome.. I wonder how the 'lockdown' ability works on those.. I wonder if you lock them if they start coming down or if they get frozen in the air.. It would make more sense if they crashed, and it'd be a lot cooler. :D

Visions of Khas

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
I seriously doubt a single lockdown round could bring an entire battlecruiser down. C'mon, they're huge. A single shot shouldn't be able to affect all of the systems on a thing like that.

Sakuhta

Reaction score
^_^ It's an EMP, it kills the systems. So I'm pretty sure it'd bring it down.

Visions of Khas

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
A single shot bringing down an entire battlecruiser? Have you any idea how massive those things are? They're far too large to be takwn down by a small lockdown roud, something the size of a small missle or RPG. BCs would likely have some form of protection against them, too. If not, they'd lose control everyime they run into some nebula or too near a star. Different things have varyling levels of power. A science vessel could bring down a battlecruiser; they have entire generators devoted to EMPs. But a lone Ghost? I think it very unlikely.

K0r34n Jja Shik

Member!
Reaction score
Lockdown an EMP??

Well... a mechanical always recovers from Lockdown and can fly and stuff... so i doubt the systems actaully got burned out like an EMP basically does. Electro Magnetic... Pulse??

Visions of Khas

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Electro Magnetic Pulse.

I assume the Lock Down works on a similar principle, sending forth a burst of energy that disables electronics, incompacitating the mechanical. Though, EMPs would affect all electrical systems, and should cause a problem similar to a lockdown. If a BC is hit by one of those, it should go down.

ZoidBerg

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
this might be a little off topic but... whos piloting the carrier? Tassadar was piloting the Gangrithor , but weird... are zealots piloting them? or probes.. or mindcontrol..

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
Imagane seeing 12 of them filling the sky OO.

*runs*.

Visions of Khas

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
It is possible that carriers can be manned by a single individual, but they likely maintain a crew of several hundred, including Khalai technicians/engineers, Templar warriors and officers, and Judicator commanders and overseers.

A single carrier has enough fighters to decimate a base. Why twelve when one is enough?

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
That and because they're excellent terran killers in numbers.:D

Reaction score
I'm definately gonna get the game when it comes out? Does anyone know when it comes out in Ontario?