Website
Visit site
But itll be worth it.... daaaaaamn :)

Dark Exploit

Member!
Reaction score
Website
legendsofAsheron.org
Woa i was thinking in sc a ghost can lockdown a carrier so lol how can nova lock down one in the game if it is so huge think guys think i am dumb nvm don't pay attention

KillerMe

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.alm.web1000.com
Does anyone know how the energy system will work? I assume you won't be able to lockdown every unit, you will need cooldown or energy (as it currently is in SC). Same thing with slow time or whatever it's called.

Since you're not controlling a base, nukes will probably be randomly provided to you.

Will you be able to see Terran buildings, and have units help you out?

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
Originally posted by KillerMe
Does anyone know how the energy system will work? I assume you won't be able to lockdown every unit, you will need cooldown or energy (as it currently is in SC). Same thing with slow time or whatever it's called.

Since you're not controlling a base, nukes will probably be randomly provided to you.

Will you be able to see Terran buildings, and have units help you out?
As far as I know you can direct the tanks seige attacks :).

Maegtellumaion

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Carriers

Well, the carriers in SC are supposed to be that size but since all the sizes are messed up they dont appear that way. Also, the only reason they are limited on interceptors is for balancing, its not like the ones in game are mini carriers, they just look like it. The carriers would realistically probably have hundreds of interceptors, think of it like the droid fighters in Star wars episode one.

No, you're not going to be locking down a full size carrier if its fighting you. If you were against one chances are you'd have to use a goliath or something (and even then you're screwed). I've heard that they are "mini" lockdown rounds, so you cant lockdown a BC or something massive like that.

Seeing as its primarily a stealth game i doubt that you're going to have many units helping you out, except for the BCs and tanks you can call in. Nukes will certainly only be used at certain spots, its not like you'll be able to use them anywhere.

It's going to be an awesome game.

Zombiealien

Member!
Reaction score
Website
opalien.low-ping.com
Blizzard is known for great games, many of our readers know this first hand. Another claim to fame is their strict "it's done when it's done" policy, which means that any release dates are subject to change and probably will be. I'm curious to see if the game introduces any other famous SC characters or units such as the Terran Medic or Valkyrie.
It’ll be nice to finally see this through the eyes of one of the characters many sent to their untimely death just hoping they could stay cloaked long enough to get the nuke strike off (yes I’ve done that myself). Nova will be taking us on a live ammo tour of Zerg Hydralisks, Protoss bases, and Terran Star ships. Also announced is the ability to pilot familiar Starcraft vehicles.

Now of course, Blizzard cannot simply take all the credit for this gem of a title. Nihilistic, the makers of Vampire: The Masquerade – Redemption are co-developing Starcraft: Ghost and expect a release “sometime†in 2004. Naturally with Blizzard due dates are never simple. The games are always released “when they’re done†which is one of the key reasons the company has done so well.

Keep in mind this is not Starcraft 2, on the official site the FAQ does however hint that “…we do fully intend to revisit the world of Starcraft on PC at some point in the future.†Just make sure those fingers are crossed folks, and let’s get a round of applause going for Blizzard at their first attempt at a pure console game!

4ero

Member!
Reaction score
but what if she uses lockdown
the carrier is then useless
but thats so cheap using lockdown on something so big

dP

Member!
Reaction score
the carrier might have 12 very big ones then. and that dragoon must be powered by an outlet

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I doubt Nova will be asked to Lockdown a Carrier or something so astronomically big. It'd be too unrealistic. Maybe one of her objectives is to order a nuke strike on a Carrier maybe?

Magikarp

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
You guys are going to drive me insane with all these kick ass screenshots..

Carrier reminds me of the Hindenburg. o_O

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
could you imagine thousands interceptors coming out of several carriers, only to be thwarted and dropped out of the air by an emp attack by terrans! :( poor interceptors

edit

renzo, maybe nova has to INFILTRATE a carrier!

Icedragon

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Nah every thing looks fine in those pictures ecept i figured a dragoon would be bigger *prepares for cups to be thrown*

Hydralisk591

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
You think thats huge? Look at a Terran Comand Center or a Nexus. And have you seen an Overlord? HOLY FUDGE! Shits huge and ugly. And you can't forget about a Battlecruiser lol!

K0r34n Jja Shik

Member!
Reaction score
Heey, BattleForums is back.

Anyway...

Umm.. seems like the Carrier is larger than the Gateway and Pylons put together. (Look in the background of the picture.) Then logically, the friggin carrier's bigger than the stargate/

Visions of Khas

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Battlecruisers and carriers are at least a kilometer in legnth, and can hold numerable vessels. The Behemoth appears to have eight hangars in the forward hull, and two larger bays in the wings. I wouldn't be surprised if it could carry its own occupation force, plus a few wraith squadrons.

The carrier likely maintains hundreds of interceptors. By just looking at the sheer size of the Gantrithor from the last SC cinematic, and compare the mutalisks and interceptors swarming about it, you know that it have more than enough volume to carry at least 150 fighters.

To me, the dragoon looks a bit small. They are designed to carry the shattered body of a fallen Protoss warrior. Now, the natural height of a Protoss is about three meters, or around 10 feet. It doesn't look like the central core can quite fit something like that inside. From the cinematic The Ambush the width of the core is at least three meters, and from one rear "foot" to the other is about 15 meters, or a little under that.

Ankh

Reaction score
Umm.. seems like the Carrier is larger than the Gateway and Pylons put together. (Look in the background of the picture.) Then logically, the friggin carrier's bigger than the stargate/
By whose logic? The game's? I'd imagine so, because you're logic is flawed. You assume that the Stargate is as large as the Gateway because they both occupy the same amount of space in the game (3x3). I'm not saying that your statement is false; don't make that mistake. I'm saying that you're logic is screwy. You base half your statement out of the game and the other half in it.