The carrier is HUGE

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by newbie4lyfe
24 carriers = me lock down all using my ghost clones and 2 nukes :)
MMmmmm, theorycraft at it's finest.

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
Sounds easy, maybe harder when you play the game:(...

Let's hope you can nuke the carriers, get far enough to not die, and still see the explosions.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Master Virus
Sounds easy, maybe harder when you play the game:(...

Let's hope you can nuke the carriers, get far enough to not die, and still see the explosions.
Yeah, they may beef up Nova a bit since the original ghosts are kinda underpowered.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
It's just that lockdown is one of those abilities that sounds nicer on paper than in practice. EMP is another example of this. I guess terran players still haven't received the memo, yet.

Aeris22

Member!
Reaction score
and you have to figure one lockdown round wouldnt propaly be able to take down a carrier and they are defintly going to limit how many times you can nuke

Moof-Ader

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Yeah, if you could nuke all you want, then it would be way too easy. One lockdown round might be able to neutralize a carrier.

eSc0

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
the carriers look huge but no suprise for me

u gotta remember they have to store fighters (interceptors) and who knows how many crew members lol

lockdown should be made much more usefull and nuking should be limited. this game should be alot of stealth instead of going throughout it gunning everything in ur path

Moof-Ader

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I never thought that they had to be that big because they had to store eight interceptors each. Dang, those things are really big.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
What u expect its a Capital Ship. Cap. Ships are supose to be big

drax

Member!
Reaction score
i think it's the perfect size. yes there is going to be nukes. in an old issue (about 6 months i think) of gameinformer it shows a nuke killing tons of zerg units. it's sweet. dragoons are supposed to be that big, as are the carriers. they hold 8 interceptors, and in the game 1 interceptor is bigger than 3 ghosts combined. also with lockdown u could easily take out one carrier, or take out many carriers and a base with 1 well placed nuke while cloaked.

Moof-Ader

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
One interceptors is as big as three Ghosts combined??!!?? Holy sh*t! Dang those things are huge! Well then I can see how big the Carrier can be.

amrtin77

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
carriers are meant to be huge...... like flying battlestations. im hoping in sc ghost 100's of interceptors will come out of the carriers... im assuming only 8 is in sc so its fair and possible to manage.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Originally posted by james_in_time
OMG!!! i fogot about nukes!! that will be some bad @$$ $h1t!!!
OMG your back! any way that be cool but bad for your eye's from all that flashing :fwink