The Abortion Thread (now with nifty rules!)

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
Undead Cheese said:
But a fetus is a human. You can't argue the genetics.

It's the beginning of the human process. Not a full human until it is born. You can't argue with science.

Lights

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
lizardbreath said:
It's the beginning of the human process. Not a full human until it is born. You can't argue with science.
You are alright with 9-month abortions? Partial birth abortions?

Undead Cheese

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
lizardbreath said:
That isn't science; that's opinion. >_>

Lights said:
He doesn't feel the need to be consistent in his reasoning.

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
lizardbreath said:
whats the difference between ending the human at the beginning of the process and the end? that its not born? correct me if im wrong, but i remember tipsy saying humans are not fully developed untill they reach their mid twenties

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
Lights said:
My opinion on something doesn't matter against the science.

To undead Cheese: The moment you are born you are a full human being. Don't be stupid with your replies.

Undead Cheese

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
lizardbreath said:
To undead Cheese: The moment you are born you are a full human being. Don't be stupid with your replies.
Well, until you offer a valid reason as to why you feel this way, your argument is null and void. We have presented scientific facts to support our case, and you have yet to do this yourself. How do you expect me to argue with you when you fail to present an actual argument?

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
Undead Cheese said:
Well, until you offer a valid reason as to why you feel this way, your argument is null and void. We have presented scientific facts to support our case, and you have yet to do this yourself. How do you expect me to argue with you when you fail to present an actual argument?
Once something is born we admit to it's becoming a full being.
Until then it is not complete in it's development cycle. Are you denying that humans have no development cycle? Cuz if you are then you might as well just leave right now.

BTW: Your saying "OMG YOUR ARGUMENT IS NULL AND VOID" means about as much to me as the bug I just stepped on.

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
lizardbreath said:
Until then it is not complete in it's development cycle. Are you denying that humans have no development cycle? Cuz if you are then you might as well just leave right now.

BTW: Your saying "OMG YOUR ARGUMENT IS NULL AND VOID" means about as much to me as the bug I just stepped on.
if a human is a full human after he or she is born, then tell me why humans cannot reproduce untill a later age.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
That is part of the maturity process...not the development process.

Undead Cheese

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
lizardbreath said:
Until then it is not complete in it's development cycle. Are you denying that humans have no development cycle?
No, but you seem to be denying that humans aren't done developing until they're 25 years old, and even then they aren't done changing. For some reason you're not advocating that we allow abortions until the person in question is 25 years old. Of course, you're just being fallacious with this entire argument. The birth itself can't be what determines whether or not something should be aborted, since you don't support abortions in the third trimester.

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
lizardbreath said:
That is part of the maturity process...not the development process.
i thought maturing was developing...check dictionary.com...

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
Undead Cheese said:
No, but you seem to be denying that humans aren't done developing until they're 25 years old, and even then they aren't done changing. For some reason you're not advocating that we allow abortions until the person in question is 25 years old. Of course, you're just being fallacious with this entire argument. The birth itself can't be what determines whether or not something should be aborted, since you don't support abortions in the third trimester.
My own opinion on it means about as much as your opinion does. The government is not allowed to force a women through pregnancy. It's simple. But, then again, even the simplest argument for you is hard to understand. What's funny is that I have purposely been repeating myself in this thread to here you guys go "OMG U R WRONG AND HERE'S WHY!!!!!!"
Lights, Undead Cheese: Please. I don't give a flying **** what your typing anyways. I will still believe the same exact thing as I did before. Oh, but wait a second.......there are people in REAL LIFE who agree with me.

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
lizardbreath said:
My own opinion on it means about as much as your opinion does. The government is not allowed to force a women through pregnancy. It's simple. But, then again, even the simplest argument for you is hard to understand. What's funny is that I have purposely been repeating myself in this thread to here you guys go "OMG U R WRONG AND HERE'S WHY!!!!!!"
Lights, Undead Cheese: Please. I don't give a flying **** what your typing anyways. I will still believe the same exact thing as I did before. Oh, but wait a second.......there are people in REAL LIFE who agree with me.
i thought u were against partial birth abortions and anything in the third trimester. what is your stance on this issue exactly?

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
thebastardsword said:
i thought u were against partial birth abortions and anything in the third trimester. what is your stance on this issue exactly?
Exactly what you said. Personally I disagree with the third trimester. But I can't find a legal reason to support banning abortion at all.

micro.micro

Member!
Reaction score
we'll after reading this argument for a while and seeing where it has been going i've got to agree that the pro-life seems to be more justified. i've changed my stance to more pro-life than choice so undead's arguments haven't been going to waste.

on women being forced to undergo pregnancy, yes the gov doesn't have the right to force a woman to undergo it, but does the woman has the right to kill the child just to avoid the process?

i believe that abortions, although wrong, shouldn't be banned because banning abortions, just like drugs, won't stop them.

i think there will be a lot more back alley abortions if the process is banned.

there are also cases of abortion that i am still very split upon and i would like someone else's input.

abortion when:

1. the child has down syndrome.
2. incest
3. rape
4. brain damage from drugs
5. when the baby is endangering the mother's life

also input on the pill...

i still believe that although abortion shouldn't be banned, it is being used way too much and there should at least be a lot more restrictions on it as opposed to my previous belief that all women had a right to abortion.

usedname

Member!
Reaction score
micro.micro said:
2. incest
3. rape
So the values of life are fundamentaly based on the reason of your conception? Is that so? Because you see, my mother was raped, and, thank you very much, my life is worth living!

micro.micro

Member!
Reaction score
i didn't say anything about it. i said i was still confused in those areas.

fireomen92

Member!
Reaction score
Zerglite said:
blah blah blah, who cares, they are just parasites living off of their mothers, nonproductive, ignorant, worthless masses of cells.

untill they are born, then they cry, shit, and scream.

Moderator note:

If you aren't going to post anything that has even a bit of sense behind it, don't post at all

~Venice
ok. that was harsh but i agree with the principle with what he is trying to say.
how can you call a bunch of tiny little circle cells a human being?

==========
Moderator Note: Double post content added.
-Tipsy
==========

usedname said:
So the values of life are fundamentaly based on the reason of your conception? Is that so? Because you see, my mother was raped, and, thank you very much, my life is worth living!
well that was your mothers decision but maybe other mothers to be ( 16 yr old girls who have just been gang raped for example) may not feel comfortable havin a child that was from a rapist. Or maybe they just dont want one at all.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
usedname said:
-It wouldn't matter if you weren't born in the first place. People always say "OMG BUT HE COULD BE THE NEXT PRESIDENT!!!!" When, as we all know, that is not a real argument because you are arguing on something that is never going to exsist/interact with society. It's like me getting mad at myself everytime I wackoff. "OMG MY MILLIONS OF SPERMZ WERE GOING TO BE PRESIDENTS AND RICH BANKOWNERS!!!! OMGOMGOMGOMGMO!!!!!!"

Your life would not have been worth living if you had not been born.