The 4 biggest opponents against the new swearing rule

Kamikaze

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Guru
yes it is, I can no longer say any curse words there
the forum was made by a canadian, so any u.s. laws do not apply here:p

Akule, we were never enemies and i doubt we ever will be, i just found it ironic that the people who spoke up about it were almost never in the forum where it was enforced. i also thought it was a bad idea to post that the rule sucked for the general posters to see. they should never see the staff fighting or arguing amongst themselves.

CelestialBadger, it still is not settled yet. the poll still has to be made, and to keep things up to the posters it would be best if no mods posted in the thread, so as not to influence anyone.

we still need someone to make the thread, what about Maverick?
unless someone has another candidate in mind

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Maverick is fine with me. You're not going to insist that there's a unanimous decision on whether swearing is a valid form of communication are you? Because one person out of fifty being offended is not significant.

Speaking of which, and changing the topic a bit, did anyone else get the report about Akule's sig? A guy named Shizo says that it's too offensive or something.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Some guy name Shizo claims that he's offended by "the f word" in it. I'm just wondering how he finds it offensive.

Silynt Rage

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kamikaze

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AMENDMENT 1

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
censoring of swearing in no way infringes on your right to free speech.
Swearing does infringe on disturbing the peace... the old fashion example that you can't shout "Fire" in a crowded theatre when there is no fire.

Also just to make this clear... this board is privately owned... regardless of country... this place isn't a democracy... basically what is said goes. If the users have a problem with it... then that's too bad. It's an easy request to follow... how hard is it to not swear? considering the vast majority of this board ranges between the age of 12-16, I'd say that most of them are in the middle school, borderline high school age. Now, I don't know about the rest of you, but I wasn't allowed to Curse or swear openly in the halls of my high school, if I did, I was yelled at or "Disciplined", better known as detention. So what makes it so difficult to restrain your profanities on this board, considering the Majority of the people on the board are already restricted in their everyday lives from saying those particular colorfull metaphors?

and also to let you know... the owner of the board is ChrisUK... the UK stands for United Kingdom for those of you who didn't know. So... if you want to get political... why don't we use the UK's constution (I'm sure they have something like it). There are also a plethera of Canadians on this board... why must the constitution be brought into discussion.

Originally posted by TheSummit

Buddy you are really funny. I am not opposing every idea. The last ideas that were discussed are the hacking forums and this.

Well it is quite obvious that I do not support the merging of the hacking sections and for someone that "played" the opposing party here I spent way to much time and effort. I can be the opposing party by saying. "**** YOU! THE IDEA SUCKS" and leave. You obviously have a personal problem with me for raping your thread + arguments but buddy, this is the way to go and you can be sure that I will be in every discussion. I have opinions on everything and I like to torture my keyboard.

I have to admit that I liked this discussion as only Kami and me took part and everybody presented his arguments. It has a semi-satisfying result and if you really want to ship in you could at least be a little more serious and think about what you are saying.

Reply if you want but there is no need for me to watch this thread anymore. Everything is said so far and it is time for the next steps.
are we a little tightly wound? maybe you should take a chill pill man and take some time to notice the "lol..." that you quoted me on... geeze... I was being sarcastic... relax.... bite my head off... loosen the reigns....

Kamikaze

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by CelestialBadger
Speaking of which, and changing the topic a bit, did anyone else get the report about Akule's sig? A guy named Shizo says that it's too offensive or something.
Originally posted by foolz
DUDE!!!!!! AKULE!!!!!!! MAN WTF YOUR SIG SAYS THE 'F' WORD!!!!!! DUDE!!!!!!!!! MY MOM IS LIKE RIGHT BEHIND ME SEEING WHAT I WAS DOING!!! AND THEN SHE SEES THAT!!!!!!! NOW I"M IN DEWDO!!!! BECAUSE OF YOU!!!!!!!!! AND THAT SIG!!!!!!!!
parents don't like swearing either

Tempest Storm

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.war3.com
Originally posted by CelestialBadger
Some guy name Shizo claims that he's offended by "the f word" in it. I'm just wondering how he finds it offensive.
Yea, I got that too.

Well, ppl find all kinda of things offencive. And I'm not about to start going around cencoring ppl's sigs.