Thank function

ST

Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you think the thank post function detracts from posting? I.e. people use it instead of making an actual post to follow up.

Octopor

your whole family is made of meat
Reaction score
because people quoting and saying "qft" is better?

change it to +1 or like or some ****, i'm never actually thankful for someone's post, i just agree and don't care enough to say so

Hitsua

+
Reaction score
It detracts from post count, but it is not like a new member who would not otherwise post is not going to start posting because he does not have to actually type out something.

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
I think it's a fine feature. If you agree strongly you'll prolly thank and make a post. If you just thought it was a good idea you would hit thanks and prolly wouldnt have posted anything more than 5 words anyways.

I kind of like the idea of using google +1 as our thanks method meaning they are sharing the info and spreading it as a result of agreeing with it.... if people would actually use it like that.

ST

Premium Member
Reaction score
Does anyone even use Google Plus or whatever it's called? I made an account and some of my friends did but no one posted on it.

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
It's validation for all my hard work.

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
I really don't think the thank function is the problem we have with lack of posting.

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
I really don't think the thank function is the problem we have with lack of posting.
On that topic. Hitsua posted the webarchive of Battleforums the other day showing how active it was (Webarchive post). 1. I'd love it if others delved into it with me to gain some insights on how it was so active. But the biggest insight I think is, 2. Quality content was the driver.

We need some great writers pumping out good strategies, NEWS, and other articles. I am willing to do a lot of articles myself, and plan to. I have been working to set up the distribution system of our content that we will make. I didn't want tons and tons of work going into great content if only 3 people would be reading it, and if it isn't spread, it won't pull in activity. That is why I have been doing work to boost our google rank (working well and about to really show), get some members back (thanks everyone that has been active on the site :bananarock: ), and fixing the mailing system so once great stories are written we can send them out to our 80,000 members for reading, commenting, and spreading. I have also been working on a system to convert google traffic into actual members (this is still in the works but I'm excited for when it actually comes online).

I wanted to just say again, thank you guys. You have been great contributors to the site for years. At this important point in battleforums turning around you are eager to help out and I apologize for not giving enough actionable opportunities to put that altruism to work. I also want to apologize for having been AFK a lot with my very busy schedule. Battleforums means a lot to me and my damn MBA is sucking up too much time.
and we need to play some sweet games together! FML for buying a PS3 :( .​

>Thought I'd drop this note so you guys would have a better idea of what work is being done and a bit of direction and gameplan for what's ahead.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Google+ ?

I got an account, opened it once. Realized I barely knew anyone who had it, and went back to facebook to connect with hundreds of friends.

I dunno many people who have kept with it. Most are waiting for other people to switch, which is ironic.

ST

Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, same thing Pan. I don't really see many improvements on Facebook's service though, so kind of seems pointless.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
Google + is full of fail. It's basically a google facebook with a FEW new features.

Gimmi

Eric
Reaction score
On that topic. Hitsua posted the webarchive of Battleforums the other day showing how active it was (Webarchive post). 1. I'd love it if others delved into it with me to gain some insights on how it was so active. But the biggest insight I think is, 2. Quality content was the driver.

We need some great writers pumping out good strategies, NEWS, and other articles. I am willing to do a lot of articles myself, and plan to. I have been working to set up the distribution system of our content that we will make. I didn't want tons and tons of work going into great content if only 3 people would be reading it, and if it isn't spread, it won't pull in activity. That is why I have been doing work to boost our google rank (working well and about to really show), get some members back (thanks everyone that has been active on the site :bananarock: ), and fixing the mailing system so once great stories are written we can send them out to our 80,000 members for reading, commenting, and spreading. I have also been working on a system to convert google traffic into actual members (this is still in the works but I'm excited for when it actually comes online).

I wanted to just say again, thank you guys. You have been great contributors to the site for years. At this important point in battleforums turning around you are eager to help out and I apologize for not giving enough actionable opportunities to put that altruism to work. I also want to apologize for having been AFK a lot with my very busy schedule. Battleforums means a lot to me and my damn MBA is sucking up too much time.
and we need to play some sweet games together! FML for buying a PS3 :( .​

>Thought I'd drop this note so you guys would have a better idea of what work is being done and a bit of direction and gameplan for what's ahead.
The way I see it the only member we have with anything worth saying is pan, unless he stats pumping out sc2 strategies we're going to need to get writers from another source.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
Said it many times but at least this current Admin seems to get it. NOBODY IS GOING TO COME HERE UNLESS WE HAVE SOME REAL CONTENT flowing constantly. There are simply too many other websites out there dedicated to SC:2 for us to pull this kind of traffic from. We need to focus on the next upcoming blizzard/main game that we know certain CURRENT members are going to play and move on from there.

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
Said it many times but at least this current Admin seems to get it. NOBODY IS GOING TO COME HERE UNLESS WE HAVE SOME REAL CONTENT flowing constantly. There are simply too many other websites out there dedicated to SC:2 for us to pull this kind of traffic from. We need to focus on the next upcoming blizzard/main game that we know certain CURRENT members are going to play and move on from there.
Exactly, we need content on up and coming content. A distribution system will be set up to make the content spread and actually turn activity from. I will be recruiting writers and asking others to help in recruiting. I'm certain with some work we can get many great writers that will boost this site. I will talk more on this later.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
arkueckelhan You have no idea how many times I have said this before only to be shot down by the administration/mods of this site. They just don't get that this is like a business and you HAVE to have a good product in order for people to come here.

I have been right this entire time but our pathetic previous staff didn't have a clue.

Metal Gear Flash

LaLiLuLeLo
Reaction score
I have been right this entire time but our pathetic previous staff didn't have a clue.
:tsk:

If I can remember correctly, I came here for a name spoofer. Stayed for the hot girl pics thread and because GhettoRapMasta was ****ing hilarious. I don't think I was old enough to care about genuine content or articles. Probably for the best though, I might be wrong but I don't think you're specifically trying to appeal to that demographic.