Terran tanks

betaalpha5

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
not really a question but just a way to pick the brain.

if you were in charge of the all military decisions for the dominion and you were completely humiliated in the defeat fighting kerrigan and you were now able to upgrade your units, wouldn't you upgrade the siege tank to be able to attack air???

i'm not saying that it should fire missiles but i'm saying after hundreds of years why wouldn't you think to spend that extra 50 minerals to put a .50 cal gun on the tank? even if it would not be very powerful vs heavy air units you would still be able to defend yourself at least a little from light air units. and if things got close you could fire at very close range when sieged. just my thoughts.

Brimstone

Reaction score
I have always wondered that! i usually am Terran and i have a defence on the front of my base with the siege tnaks and then someone sends over flying things and takes al my work out. I know it was intended for a balance to the game typ deal but Terran are the weakest race! we should have that ability to fire on air units like you said

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
never try to make sense of games.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong, but how on Earth does a Siege Tank attack an air unit? I thought those were called missile launchers...*

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong, but how on Earth does a Siege Tank attack an air unit? I thought those were called missile launchers...*
hes just putting sc into reality situation x42

and if siege tanks attacked air, terran would be highly riged

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
dude. it's just a 50 cal rifle. it's not like it could really do THAT much damage vs the high tech units of sc :p. mayybe against zerg since the bullets could make them bleed :p

Ninja_Blue

[ Official Forum Ninja ]
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
A .50 cal machine gun on the siege tanks would be awesome.

All you would need is like 5 tanks, and they would fuck zerg up.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
well going by this thinking
WHY USE WEAK LAZERS WHEN U HAVE MISSILES ON WRAITHS AND SCOUTS

im pretty sure they are beyond guns like .50 cals.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
dude. it's just a 50 cal rifle. it's not like it could really do THAT much damage vs the high tech units of sc :p. mayybe against zerg since the bullets could make them bleed :p
wrong, bullets dont even pierce zergling's armor (as seen on the cinematic vid)

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
then why are MMs an effective way of fighting off early zerg attacks? :p

botnewb

Reaction score
I know it was intended for a balance to the game typ deal but Terran are the weakest race! we should have that ability to fire on air units like you said
ok if terran are the weakest race what are bcs? hum is that why people whenever you ask them unless they are noobs say terran? most people that are amazing like florencho mafia[warn] all used terran and you know what look at there records and tell me they sucked. yea toss is good and so is zerg. but giving tanks that advandgte is great, makes terran more rigged. all you need is a mass of tanks in the front. even if its weak its like making a mass of rines. your tanks will be next to unstopable. just making a rigged race more rigged

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
ok if terran are the weakest race what are bcs?
waste of an un used unit :p

botnewb

Reaction score
waste of an un used unit :p
if you say that try this 100 hydra or more your choice v about 12 bc
i saw this and i was amazed bc won, but you have a point they arnt always used but i make sure i use them cuase well they kick ass and in my replays of big battles the terran races always had bcs like with a guy named malic_ whos record is awesome. but your right there unused and its sad since they own anything in pacts

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
^ Are you sure this wasn't against the computer?

...And BCs are horrid.(outside tvt gay ups)
Not sure why anyone would defend them? Oh that's right, this forum is made up of money map/UMS players. Nevermind.

botnewb

Reaction score
^ Are you sure this wasn't against the computer? Oh that's right, this forum is made up of money map/UMS players. Nevermind.
ok... if you want to see it i have the replay. or i think i do. but i know someone who does and its florencho v some dude as zerg * not computer* and the fact is reg maps just plain suck thats why people play fastest, cuase thats where the best at. the rest of the maps are horrid. now why people are sayin bcs suck i dont know it confuses me unless youve never played a reall game of sc. if ima gunna build something its gunna be nukes and air air being bcs cuase bcs kill everything in there path. even anti air since anti air does **** of damage and there armor stops it. so wats so bad tell me wat is so bad about bcs

wanna see that replay? add master[scaf] or freewingiver and ask for the florencho rep

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I've played plenty of BW games and not a single terran made BCs against me.(whether I played toss or zerg) If they're so good, then why is that? Which again, brings up the question, why anyone in their right mind would defend them? But then it occured to me that most people here play money maps/UMS.(so that answers that)

Its quite obvious, its your opponents that just suck.(assuming you're playing real people and not the computer)

Thanks for proving my point, BTW.

Also, BCs are receiving buff for SC2, which further proves my point.(that they suck) They were amongst the most underused units in the game along with queens, scouts, ghosts, firebats.(to a lesser extent of the others)

botnewb

Reaction score
ok believe wat you wanna but whenever i play mafia[warn] and malic_ look them up bad ass records they make bcs and i have reps of them but not as exciting as 12 bc v 100 hydra yea bcs may be a little sucky but anyone smart does air-bcs and ground usualy tanks and gols

and maybe a few nukes. im not saying all out mass bcs, im just saying dont leave them behind there a smart idea espeacly to destroy def, like turrets and cannons worked well for me 4 bcs took out around 12 turrets alowing me to plant a nuke if it wasnt for bc wouldnt of happened