Terran Counters...plz

Skyhr

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I'm a Terran player and I need to know some Terran counters using protoss... All the players I know aren't very good with protoss and I seem to be able to counter everything they send me...

So how do YOU kill terran players? please give explicit details... I must train for the WCG tournament in around 40 days...

Ubuu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
forum.bodybuilding.com
Use templar's psi storm, they make M&M obsolete. Zealots with speed upgrade and combined them with dragoons, templars and reavers makes a great combo. Corsairs are useful at casting Disruption web on annoying campers like tanks and turrets. Never go archons or DTs against terran.

Skyhr

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Why never archons or dts? Has dt drops become so common that it's no longer effective? I found that dts with reaver drop can sometimes be devastating for someone unprepared.

betaalpha5

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well i've used dt rushes before a longtime ago and from seeing how dt rush can kill a terrenunit so fast. i've learned that early detction is keyt for terren.

dude goons zeal and/or dts is a very strong ground force. scouts would be good for quick well scouting sairs could web the turrnets makingthem um usable so u could send more scouts to attack the base while the zeal nad goons attack thew main forces the scouts can fly in behind the sairs for webbing and kill the workers

Ubuu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
forum.bodybuilding.com
Originally posted by Skyhr
Why never archons or dts? Has dt drops become so common that it's no longer effective? I found that dts with reaver drop can sometimes be devastating for someone unprepared.
Sorry, i ment late game since they would have emp for archons and mobile detection for DTs. DTs have a nice attack but are slow so they barely reach their targets(most terran units are ranged, except firebats and scv). DTs can be carried by shuttles and makes good drops.

Skyhr

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I found dark templar drops with support from dragoons or reavers can be stopped easily with mines surrounding turrets and comsat station. Dark templars would obviously go for these structures... As for dragoons or reavers, two tanks will do... If not enough, just pump out a few units...

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well a few webs could nutrlizy those turrents and mines and cuase the tanks to be slow serious i've tried it the web makes enemy unit move hella slowwhoeveris under the web. and it's also good for midgame which u could web the workers cause them to go hella slow while u go for an attack. the money would come in so slow that by the time the wears off a lot of units could be dead.

Skyhr

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by betaalpha5
well a few webs could nutrlizy those turrents and mines and cuase the tanks to be slow serious i've tried it the web makes enemy unit move hella slowwhoeveris under the web. and it's also good for midgame which u could web the workers cause them to go hella slow while u go for an attack. the money would come in so slow that by the time the wears off a lot of units could be dead.
I do not think webs affect mines though, assuming the player knows where they are. And nutrilizing those turrets would mean going air... when you can drop where there aren't turrets... unless they cover the whole place of course...

l2()l3

Reaction score
Website
www.blizzard.com
I'm a Terran player and I need to know some Terran counters using protoss... All the players I know aren't very good with protoss and I seem to be able to counter everything they send me...

So how do YOU kill terran players? please give explicit details... I must train for the WCG tournament in around 40 days...

To kill a terran player all you need is a couple fleets of dragoons. Goons (when upgraded twice) dominate ghosts, small groups of marines, and even siege tanks in siege mode. Since bunkers are difficult to build in mass, and turrets dont attack ground units Dragoons can slaughter a terran army.
A goons attack speed is slow but powerful enough to decimate even the most powerful of terren air. Though dragoons can easily be defeated by a large group of marines, a good protoss player will send zealots in for a faster deadly attack. With this combo, marines stand no chance. Though air can kill zlots, goons can defend them. While the goons are getting hit hard by marines, zealots can supplybackup. Alone Zealots and Dragoons can be defeated, but together they are as lethal a cyanide.
So in training for your tournament, have your friends relentlessly attack you with 3 or 4 fleets of goons and 3 or 4 fleets of zlots and have him attack you and see what you can do.

Skyhr

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Re: Re: Terran Counters...plz

Originally posted by l2()l3
To kill a terran player all you need is a couple fleets of dragoons. Goons (when upgraded twice) dominate ghosts, small groups of marines, and even siege tanks in siege mode. Since bunkers are difficult to build in mass, and turrets dont attack ground units Dragoons can slaughter a terran army.
A goons attack speed is slow but powerful enough to decimate even the most powerful of terren air. Though dragoons can easily be defeated by a large group of marines, a good protoss player will send zealots in for a faster deadly attack. With this combo, marines stand no chance. Though air can kill zlots, goons can defend them. While the goons are getting hit hard by marines, zealots can supplybackup. Alone Zealots and Dragoons can be defeated, but together they are as lethal a cyanide.
So in training for your tournament, have your friends relentlessly attack you with 3 or 4 fleets of goons and 3 or 4 fleets of zlots and have him attack you and see what you can do.
I've seen this countered with tanks camping like boxer... that is a very good advice, I shall have some people send me waves of dragoons....lol

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I do not think webs affect mines though, assuming the player knows where they are. And nutrilizing those turrets would mean going air... when you can drop where there aren't turrets... unless they cover the whole place of course...
yes it does the web can stop mines. i checked on ythe blizzard site they can stop them from popping up and moving to the enemy

Ued_colonial

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
sci vessels can shrew you up show stay away, if you have archons run away. Go mass dragoon and dark templar if you didnt have money go mass zealot and dragoons or mass dark templar and zealots. watch out for decteors.

Skyhr

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yes it does the web can stop mines. i checked on ythe blizzard site they can stop them from popping up and moving to the enemy
Yeah, I tried it out on custom games... it doesn't pop out under the web.. I guess I shouldn't place the mines so close to the turrets then...just a cm or something

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Well im very good with protoss.
yes storm is good vs marines and all non-mech units.Archons are the weakest against terran.How would you feel without a shield-they have 100s and 10 hp as far as i remember.The science vessel is their counter.

Dragoons are good and reavers can kill medics,goliats so have some of them toghether with the dragoons.Dark templars,yeah.When you have ranged units you wont care when using Psi storm upon them or any other ranged ability

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
o yeah storm those little mines and they would all die anyway :)

Skyhr

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
o yeah storm those little mines and they would all die anyway :)
Assuming you know where they are and assuming that the templars pass the vultures and tanks(that SHOULD be there...lol)

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well obs would show where they are. and u don't really need to all of them. just enough to know some of their location. then ht far back or behind the line drop andstorm goons zeal kill

JLeeAZN

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Dropping Reavers on their zero clut - thats the meanist thing anyone could ever do!!

I would go mass goons and throw in like 4 arbiters, statis field is a really effective move, and so is recalling!

~JLeeAZN~

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hmm.. A way to kill terran with Protoss.... Well... Let me thin... I have it! build up your defenses at the very begining. Then gather all the resources you can! Then build a star port and some carriers some zeal, goons, Archons, Dark Archons, and then..... Hmm... Some arbiters! That's it! Build a huge army then over run them! That's my strat and it almost always works! I don't go into complex strats! I rely on brute force!

Skyhr

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Terran_Commander
Hmm.. A way to kill terran with Protoss.... Well... Let me thin... I have it! build up your defenses at the very begining. Then gather all the resources you can! Then build a star port and some carriers some zeal, goons, Archons, Dark Archons, and then..... Hmm... Some arbiters! That's it! Build a huge army then over run them! That's my strat and it almost always works! I don't go into complex strats! I rely on brute force!
No offense, but that's pretty noobie... who the hell do you play with...? rofl...

Don't you even bother to do incursions? containing?

Oh wait, do you play money maps like fastest...? then never mind, I guess you're right...