Terran Build Orders

GlitchOfDoom

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I am looking for the best Terran build orders, or the most common build orders used among pro starcraft players. I'm looking for TvT TvZ TvP build orders. Please be as specific as possible and include branching points if any. By branching points I mean having two or more different variations of a specific build order. Thank You.

Edit: These build orders would be for any standard map like Lost Temple. NOT fastest possible maps, BGH, ect.

tiggy mofo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
my build order for tvp is siege tanks and marines and medics if playing brood war.or s tanks and wraiths with cloaking upgrades a must.

7. build supply depot
8. build barracks
9.build barracks
10.build refinery
11.build engineering bay for missile turrets if playing brood war and upgrades(another must)
12. build two more barracks
13. build factory with machine shop
15. build factory with machine shop
16.should have quite a few marines and siege tanks by then.
17. should also have good defense.
18.build starport with control tower and then science facility for science vessels and detection.

the rest is up to you u can go mass wraiths and siege tanks by building more starports and factorys.this is especially good if yur opponent has no defense on edges or by base because with the cloak he wont be able to see u and u can destroy his mining and nexus so he cant build any more probes then u rush him with siege tanks since u have siege mode u can siege out of range of his photon cannons and attack his defense without it attacking u. have the wraiths go attack everything possible without getting killed perticuarly either the forge or cybernetics core because he cant build ground units that can attack air. If yur strategy doesnt work always change it.

Skyhr

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
A nice build order...

Ok... clone shift (whatever it's called) your scvs to mine... make one more... Group your Command Center as Group 1. Rally point your SCVs to the specific unoccupied mine, closer ones first...

When 8 is coming, send the SCV that is closest to entrace and group it number 2. Build supply depot. (Sending the closest one and not number 8 to build SD enables somewhat faster production of SCVs.) Keep building til 10..

-Terran and Protoss-
When supply is done, send number 2 to scout, send in another SCV to build barrax. 12th SCV makes refinery. As soon as it's done, send in 2 scvs... all this time make SCVs without queing...
Build SCVs until 18... when 200min, 100 gas is done, make factory and SD. I go for mine vultures and tanks here... keep making scvs... when 150 gas is done, make another factory... Group your factories 0 and 9. make academy and engineering bay...Your first factory makes machine shop to research mines, or siege if you prefer... make SD when you feel like it... pump vultures, rush and kill probes while microing with mines. all the while, send in reinforcements by typing 0 vv 9 vv... send one vulture to other place and place mines to see when they expand...

-unless you feel like the attempt is worthless... -
make another factory or two and a command center(not at the expo, but at the cliff or something) send in tanks and vultures with turrets next to them like in boxer replays... if you feel they're going to do a drop on your, build some turrets and place mines next to them and the comsat station... nice little surprise for those dts...

just keep expanding, making factories, drops, etc...keep pushing

-ZERG-

make one barrax as same as above but at 12th scv, build another barrax... make sd at 14th... build academy and engineering bay whenever you like... build a 3rd barrax and factory few moments later... build SDs.. go for SVs next...

I'm sorry but I don't have a very 'strict' build order against zerg, instead i follow a general outline... also, you don't need to expand as much when you're against a zerg because marines and medics are cheaper than tanks and vultures...

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
1.Build more SCVs.Use the terran CC bug.Make supply depots1-2
Build 2 Barracks.
Make 12 marines.Upgrade steampack.
Build academy and use medics and firebats(~7).Make another 12 marines and make your attack.