Tauren or grunts

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Going over 70 proves useful for NE, since they take more tolls on Lumber than gold. Undead too, seem to never run out of gold when on a roll.

havocidal

Member!
Reaction score
Website
havocidal.now.nu
hmm... but if u early expand using quick creeping like tower/burrow creeping or ancient creeping or the humans' footie defend/archmage blizzard... ur expansion will be up fast...

when that happens... upkeep seems insignificant... in fact u will end up piling even with high upkeep

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
It's fine once you've teched decently, to a certain degree. Sitting for an opportunity to attack with 90 upkeep is something nobody should do. Neither should you wait for stuff to happen. You'll become more feared making stuff happen yourself.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by x42bn6
It's fine once you've teched decently, to a certain degree. Sitting for an opportunity to attack with 90 upkeep is something nobody should do. Neither should you wait for stuff to happen. You'll become more feared making stuff happen yourself.
I used to (because i used to be a sc player) simply sit in my base and mass my units.

I find the best strategy is creep. you can freak someone out when you clear an enitere map of creeps so the opponenet cannot creep at all. that and harrassing. if you can conceal what you are getting, that is even better.

a quick expans is nice and all, but you can leave youself open for an early rush, and early end. trust me, humans i face think they can get a quick expand, i can make things difficult

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Humans find it hard without harassing. Don't worry.

It doesn't hurt you like jumping into a car's path, if you do it sparingly, and quickly rush after that.

Humans, on the other hand, will pretty much NEED to go into High, just to get things done.