T~ Zerg problem: mainly muta raid and lurkers

amrtin77

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
tanks and comset is how you kill lurks as said above...

and i hes got lurks, you oughta be gettin tanks or your real problem is your macro.

mutas are the reason m&m was invented ;)..... stimmed rines backed with meds rape mutas, but gaurds and devourers are tougrh to kill as terran.. id suggest valks/wraiths and goliaths.. but i hate relying on goliaths coz gaurds can cliff and they have a range advantage.

Sakuhta

Reaction score
Lol M&M kill lurkers so easy man. If they're fast teching, I doubt they have researched armor, so they have 0 armor, as long as you can see them they're dead.

amrtin77

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
lurks do nice damage.... your right, alone lurks will lose to m&m if the terran has sight, but only because the fast tech gave the terran player time to get more soldiers out. but if he has a few lings with the lurks i dont think the terran could hold with m&m.. tanks are nice against lurks coz they kill while the lurks are defensless underground out of range. marines die 2 hits from lurks.... so if you gonna send them in to fight make sure theyre stimmed with medics and heres enough of them.

lurks are better used to hold a choke alongside the regular army, or hold the top of a ramp, or if the terran lacks turrets scattered around the base a lurk drop is always fun. drop on the miners a lurk or 2, burrow and kill comset and if theres a turret nearby kill it too... then your safe. same idea as a dt drop :p

amrtin77

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
throw a handful of hydras in and i dont care how good you micro.. the lurks and hydras will slaughter m&m.

but lurks or m&m alone both lose.... lurks do massive damage though, and the hydras just pretty much keep the marines and medics busy.

not to mention hydras can be microed in battle. lurks have to stay put to fire, hydras dont. you can use them to push them towards the lurks, or just keep them from running away and be forced to take 2 lurk hits.