T~ Zerg problem: mainly muta raid and lurkers

Skyhr

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Zerg problem: mainly muta raid and lurkers

Ok, I'm beginning to see some trouble with the zerg.

1) If I rush with M&Ms, he counters with lurkers, sends them to my base, and rape!
2) If I choose to defend, he'll harrass the hell out of me with mutas and contain me, and eventually rape! I don't think I'll surround my whole base with bunkers.

So what buildings should I make first? Should I bunker contain him? etc...

thanks

Alton

Member!
Reaction score
Website
macsc.net
Try....

Try puting one goilth and one missle turret next to every bunker. Missle turret will see the lurker, and goliath will go after it. While the goliath is shooting, the lurker will be hitting the bunker beacuse the always do.

Also, try to place a ring of wraiths outside of the enimes base. When he comes out, clock the wriaths. If he sends out overloards, its time to attack with all of your force. Send marines, firebats, and a crud load of medics! Also, during attacks, make sure you have a balance of air and ground.

Early in the game, make sure to have a rush of 12 infantery every 10-15 minutes. This helps keep the zerg done so the can't get there units to fast, but it does not slow you down much either!

Sakuhta

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Well... as I use(d) to be the Zerg as my main.. I know a lot of the Zerg weaknesses.. what pisses me off etc. :p And what most people don't know, or don't care to exploit, is that Zerg can't stop a continous push. You need to attack before they get Lurkers, then just keep hitting again and again. +, Zerg heavily rely on quick or mass expos, so always take them out.. Zerg aren't as cheap as you'd think.

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
Yah, just keep trying to push your way with M&M and tanks. Later add gols and wraiths to your combo so
A)The wraiths are fast so can go back to protect your base fast
B)If you give it a lot of pressure, the lurks will die before brruwoed.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
If you rush with M&M, he shouldn't have Lurkers, otherwise it's not really a rush or he teched straight to them.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
M&M against lurkers will always die, unless you have at least one marine with defensive matrix and send him ahead to kill zee lurker. You can also try to blind them, but he must have overlords or something that can see it...

Sakuhta

Reaction score
Basically, Zerg suck suck suck vs. rush... contrary to popular belief.. just rush and probably rape! will happen to him. :)

Plumpamania

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Non $$ I'd say go for the air/ground combo

Even if non $$ I'd say to try and get a nuke up to contain lurkers. They are usually bunched together and witha turret by each bunker you see them, you nuke them, they die :p

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
nuke 'em? lol.

MannerTurret

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Marines shouldn't fear a few lurkers at all .. you need to micro, if you have good micro you can normally finish a TvZ off right when he gets 2-3 lurkers.

Plumpamania

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
One nuke can change the tide of a game, if you are playing 2v2 non money, you can do it ez.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
except we were talking 1-on1.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Zerg units are easy to kill. No need to Nuke. Waste, really, 'cos you could have a Comset Station and Scanner Sweep to see the Lurkers instead of nuking them.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
if you don't have scanner there's always SVs. SVs plus tanks > lurks.

exobyte

Member!
Reaction score
And the irradiate you get from the vessels is good against the Zerg too (if you research it, anyway).

Tiger_shark

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i had this problem before...i found out the best thing you can do is to get fast tank against an expoing zerg and quickly contain him and push forward asap.

I'll give a simple build order
8 supply
10 rax
11 rax
after first rax done, build supply
18 geyser, and add 2 scv on it when finished
build ONLY 6 RINES and hold your ramp, you need to save money for tech
23 factory
25 or 26 academy

after you begin your factory or academy, start building rines up to 12, and get 3 medics. Remember to have 300/250 when the addon for fac is complete so you can get siege mode and tank. Save stim research for when u are going to attack him, or when u have minerals.

Start to contain him when u have 1 tank, 12 marines, and 3 medics, bring along 1 or 2 scv. Siege his sunkens, build an e-bay outside his base and float it for further vision, keep building tank and marines and rally them to opponent's base. Build 1 or 2 turrets outside his base for detection, and maybe a bunker if u think u will need it. This will make any attemps from mutas or lurkers trying to break out futile.

If you scan and see mutas, make a couple of turrets around the your CC and a bunker, fill it with 1 or 2 marines. The zerg cannot afford to use their mutas to harass you because you are pushing forward and are going to kill their expo. Even if they do, they will soon retreat back to their base so don't worry about it too much.

Keep going on from there...

This strat works incredibly well because by the time you start a factory, the zerg can't even start their lair, so you have a huge advantage. By the time you get to his base, his lurker research will probably be 1/2 done, or his spire will be 1/2 done.

Madball

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yes nice strat. Cant stress enough how important it is for Terran to be offensive. Always try to contain a zerg as fast as possible,