T~ whats a good stratigy for beating zerg?

TossEater911

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
zerg is hard to beat with terran i admit to that.. all u hafto do is choke the minerals as much as u can becasue their units die faster and still costs a lot.. thats all i can think of other then tanks with bunkers

Raccoon

Post Djinn
Reaction score
Since the Zerg love to expand, you have to love preventing it. Use Medics & Marines (plus Firebats if they have a surplus of Zerglings) as your main strategy, but also drop Siege Tanks off on the cliffs behind mineral clusters.

Also, have atleast 2 ComSat Stations ready to scan at all times. Hotkey them for optimal use. Ctrl + # will hotkey it so do it!

CuteGuyNo.1

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
don't drop and try to take thier cliff, most of the time muta will destroy ur tanks before thier even useful, tvz is very high on micro because lings has to flank+manual target to be used correctly vs mm, and terran has to stim right and dodge right to fight off lurk/muta, take ground and dont let zerg has a change of setting up a flank.

Tiger_shark

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I find TvZ a very fun match because itz amazing to see what a little terran force can wipe out, also, that it is heave on micro from the Terran's point of view...With this matchup, hotkeying ur force is an absolute must...move back when u see lurkers, ez micro and macro, etc....

The standard opening is infantry, and later on tanks and vessels /w irradiate...

There are two ways you can play zerg....

1. Contain them, don't let them expand (rush and/or contain)
2. Let them overexpand and drop their main to destroy their tech and take down expos 1 by 1 after...THis way isn't as effective but it works most of the time if you meet an overexpanding zerg.

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
sometimes but the Zerg main hive is usually lit up with colonies and spures or spores or whatever they are called... A good zerg player can prevent good drops from doing massive dmg.

Firebats work very well for early gaming... they get very annoying after awhile.

CuteGuyNo.1

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
NEVER EVER let zerg gets more then 4 expo, they would get a huge amount of force that terran can't beat with 2 expo + pumping, and if it happens that you let them have the map, get dropship and drop at thier expo one by 1, remember that each infantry amour upgrade is - around 5 dmg from sunken, so always upgrade your infantry. Watch out for gaurd/ultra/lurk/hydra/cracks from 4 expo pumping zerg ~.~
you need to make zerg lose more unit then it sshould, so always pressure them to attack and drop you while you don't lose many units.

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
Originally posted by CuteGuyNo.1
NEVER EVER let zerg gets more then 4 expo, they would get a huge amount of force that terran can't beat with 2 expo + pumping, and if it happens that you let them have the map, get dropship and drop at thier expo one by 1, remember that each infantry amour upgrade is - around 5 dmg from sunken, so always upgrade your infantry. Watch out for gaurd/ultra/lurk/hydra/cracks from 4 expo pumping zerg ~.~
you need to make zerg lose more unit then it sshould, so always pressure them to attack and drop you while you don't lose many units.
What he is basically saying is do early infantry push.

C

CyanideX

If you see the zerg is going early muts, usually means there gona piss you off with harass. If you got a good micro get 5 Valks, couple bats, and mass mNm. This work 85% of the time and allows you to push easily.

Ued_colonial

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
marines/tanks/medics

or mass cruiser and valks kills zerg air support

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ignore that BC comment and you'll be fine. Basically you get m&m/tank/SVs vs zerg.
If you you think you can pull it off wraiths for harassment. Note that this dies to muta or hydra builds.

Skyhr

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Build barracks, marines, use those scvs to block ramp to prevent ling rush. Then scout when you have enough marines blocking. Micro marines if they're being attacked.

If you manage to find zerg expanding (made hatchery his 1st building) and managed to contain him with marines and scvs only. Tech to tanks and be really aggressive but don't let tanks die.
(Once I contained a zerg, but eventually lost because of cliff lurkers, mutas were sent to my base (much later on) and most importantly, I wasn't aggressive enough). Just use your tanks to destroy whatever building.

If you want to cripple his economy early on (say you dropped onto his base and there's no defense but you know you'll die soon), go for the gas first(imho) because gas is crucial for mutas and lurkers. Enoughs M&Ms, and tanks will own zerg unless they get these units.

Tech to M&Ms, when sending to his base, don't make them go in a line because lings will own them. M&Ms can take maybe up to 3 sunkens unless zerg has reinforcements(probable). Get out if there are lurkers. But try to kill one at a time if they come after you.

Upgrade marines from two bays, early on. (imho) Upgrades can really make a difference, especially with stimmed marines.

Get one wraith, kill overlord near your expansion. Go overlord hunting, DO NOT LET IT DIE. Use it later on for scouting and further hunting. Sometimes if the zerg doesn't even have a den, you can own him badly. (Once, I played someone random, teched to factories quickly like a TvP, found out it was zerg, got one wraith and basically made him leave the game angry.)

Tech to science vessels, early on, upgrade irradicate, AND the extra energy later on(imho). The extra energy gives them three irradicates instead of two (shrinks number of vessels, saving gas), and gives vessels around 60 or 70 energy when they come out instead of 50.

Build one bunker + 1 turret at the backside of your mineral line, sometimes you can even fill it with like 1 or 2 marines. This usually scares off mutalisks. BTW, mutas with defense upgrades will own M&Ms (depending on number).

Get tanks/bunker/turret out of your expo. You should make natural expansion.

Use irradicate to counter guardians, kill their drones, etc. Harrass him. Irradicate lone lurkers, ultras, etc.

Kill his expansions, but scan first (I once didn't and died from guardians in his expo TT).

Use M&Ms, tanks, and vessels (with scvs) to attack his bases.

Do not go for BCs, unless zerg hasn't teched very much, or doesn't have many hydras.

*Starcraft, unlike Warcraft III, is mostly an economy game. If you destroy his expansions, and defend off his forces, he cannot win. That's one way to look at the game. So instead of focusing on destroying his base, focus on not letting him expand. Then kill him.*

I don't consider myself a gosu so any "constructive" and "helpful" criticisms are welcome. And you don't have to PM me.

Hydralisk591

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Re: whats a good stratigy for beating zerg?

Originally posted by jackalopes
Whats a really good stratagy for beating zerg when your terran?

Irriadiate, Irriadiate, Irriadiate!!!! Get like 5 Science Vessels and help a whole bunch of Zergs and watch them die right before your eyess!!!!!!!