T~ Sharing a trick: Dropship + Tank

Skyhr

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Sharing a trick: Dropship + Tank

Just found out a fun thing to do that'll improve your micro. You can kill a tank with a tank/goliath and a dropship without getting hit once!:

Hotkey dropship as 1 and tank as 2.
Click on tank to unload, unload where it is NOT facing.
Right click on dropship to go back in, press 1 to select dropship.
Move dropship away from his cannon again, repeat process.

*Don't do it when the dropship is moving or your tank's gonna get hit.*

Also, try killing an overlord with a wraith while a sourge is chasing it, pretty fun. :)

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
There are players that can kill like 4 dragoons with 2 tanks and one dropship.

The dragoon shoots, but the fire takes a while to get there. That's when you load the tank into the dropship. No damage will be made to the tank.

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by TrongaMonga
There are players that can kill like 4 dragoons with 2 tanks and one dropship.

The dragoon shoots, but the fire takes a while to get there. That's when you load the tank into the dropship. No damage will be made to the tank.
meh, drop builds are easy to deal with as p. you'd be surprised how many ppl think they can play like boxer but just can't. Place my last few goons at the mineral line and place pylons(and obs) at randonm(how is this spelled?) spots of the map so you see where the drop is coming from and going to.
even when I 2 gate goon, I'll take another main(before nat) so you can't drop my nat's cliff.

Raccoon

Post Djinn
Reaction score
When I Terran tries to do that, I usually focus fire on the Dropship so they can't do that bullshit. :)

It does work good when the player isn't controlling their Dragoons though.

Phoenix2003: Random

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ryan
When I Terran tries to do that, I usually focus fire on the Dropship so they can't do that bullshit. :)

It does work good when the player isn't controlling their Dragoons though.
Well, of course there's an easy way to counter it. You have to be good against a bad person to do it :)

Raccoon

Post Djinn
Reaction score
Not always. Boxer can make progamers look like newbies with it. I'll find some replays of him if I have time.. dammit, I recently formatted my hard disk. No more replays. T_T

Skyhr

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I've seen Nada use it against Boxer on the KTP finals vod. It's in Yaoyuan somewhere...

Marador

Member!
Reaction score
well remember once u have a good strat always have a counter against it people pick up on them and use them against you ive seen tons of people lose because they used a strat but didnt know how to defend against it.

MannerTurret

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Doesn't matter how hard you micro you will never kill 4 goons with 2 tanks/drop ship vs anyone that is good.. they will A click the dropship.

Madball

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
lol true

Originally posted by Phoenix2003
meh, drop builds are easy to deal with as p. you'd be surprised how many ppl think they can play like boxer but just can't. Place my last few goons at the mineral line and place pylons(and obs) at randonm(how is this spelled?) spots of the map so you see where the drop is coming from and going to.
even when I 2 gate goon, I'll take another main(before nat) so you can't drop my nat's cliff.
Very true..I mean when u look at boxers replays he makes it all look so easy, when in reality it isn¨t. He makes a million things at once and is so fast its scary.
Also he is VERY innovative and creative in all situations. Ive seen him play 1v2 games and win. And were talking against other great gamers.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Boxer played it out so much tosses have a ridiculously easy time countering it these days. Can't remember the last time I was dropped, really.

Madball

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
heh I know, dropping against toss is usually very hard..since most either have photon cannons or goons guarding their base from drops early game

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
You can also put 3-4 Tanks on Siege Mode on the opposing coast and fly your dropship in for line of sight then watch the explosions occur.

Same effect can be acheived with Scanner Sweep, though a Dropship can drop a Vulture further inside to drop Spider Mines to massacre the workers.

*idea for new harass*

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I find the drop build strat to be do-or-die. Unless it wins the game for you, it's not that great of an idea. You could catch tosses off-guard, except I ALWAYS make shuttles before taking my natural expansion anyways when playing on temple or on ANY map for that matter. All toss has to do is kill the tanks and maybe dropship before you get the chance at damaging the eco and it's gg terran as he'll get outmacroed.

Madball

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by x42bn6
You can also put 3-4 Tanks on Siege Mode on the opposing coast and fly your dropship in for line of sight then watch the explosions occur.

Same effect can be acheived with Scanner Sweep, though a Dropship can drop a Vulture further inside to drop Spider Mines to massacre the workers.

*idea for new harass*
um hi...spider mines dont kill workers.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
No, it doesn't but it kills almost any ground enemy unit that goes there to save your workers from the vultures.