T (minus) 1 Day

Discussion in 'Archived Portal News' started by bamthedoc, Nov 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bamthedoc

bamthedoc King Endymion

North Carolina, USA
    The wait is almost over. Most retailers receiving Wii units will be open tonight (or tomorrow morning based on how you look at it) at midnight to offer what so many have been waiting for. GameStop/EBGames locations, which received fewer than expected PS3 units, did not have a "special" midnight opening at all their stores. They did at a few, but these were, primarily, stores that simply did not have the supplies to meet pre-orders. With the Wii, on the other hand, GameStop/EBGames was more stringent on pre-orders. They actually held expectations low, at numbers just above PS3. Nearly all stores are receiving more units than they were, initially, authorized to take pre-orders on. That being the case, all retail locations receiving Wii units are holding midnight sales for the units.

Fun stuff? Well. I've got one more review for the system, in general. It's, once again, from those in suits and ties none of us ever thought would play video games! I've been reading a lot of reviews like this one. FoxNews, MSNBC, CNN, Forbes, and many others are being surprised, time and again, at the value of the Wii system. If you want more on what each of these had to say, I recommend checking their sites for yourself. You will not be disappointed, and the humor is kept pretty interesting (I especially enjoyed FoxNews' reference to a 4-year-old, golf, and pwnage!). I bring to you the review from one of many magazines to name the Wii the Electronics's Best Buy of 2006!

Source

What especially surprised me was the constant reference to GamePro Magazine. GPM happens to be one of the traditional anti-Nintendo magazines. If their parent company (PC World) is going to be "made fans" of the Wii, this may change the face of GamePro forever! This is good news, much along the lines of IGN becoming far less anti-Nintendo than they were in 2003.

((I'm against all fanboyism, so I'm also going to wait for Sony to fix the bugs/glitches the PS3 has and a larger library of good games comes to it before I really listen to the analysts and critics on the PS3. It's a gorgeous system with powerful potential, but, as you can see, even the hardcore gamers aren't all that impressed...at the moment.))
    ((As an FYI: I'm excited about both systems! I just couldn't find any good reviews that didn't go overboard about the graphics and weren't produced by fanboyish sites. Else I would have had as extensive a countdown in the PlayStation section of BattleForums. I did find quite a few comments interesting, like the PS3 becoming a "doorstop" as more and more suited colleagues, from the hardcore gamer to newbie, joined the fun of the Wii. It's just fun to read a lot of these things and wait for the real thing!))

2. PortalBot

PortalBot New Member

[directto]http://www.battleforums.com/showthread.php?t=122183[/directto]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.