T~Hey, new here. Couple of Q's

L

lamboy

Hey, new here. Couple of Q's

okay, I decided to throw my starcraft cd in the my closet. A year has past and my friends dragged me back out to play. *Mind you they have been playing during the time i quit* So today i searched through my old cds and installed my SC and BW. we played 5 games (2on2s inner games) My team, (my friend and I who got dragge dback in who haven't been playing) we got roasted 4 times. we won once because i rushed the first guy with a 7 pool. *haha i was mad. so i had to do it!*

well anyways. Before i played, i was a toss lover. i was a pretty decent player before. just with toss though...

now coming back to the game i wanan try a new race, maybe to keep my intrest alive.

well anyways here are a few questions.

(I've serached already and found a M&M rush BO, so im going to practice that)

( for these build orders i really need specific details as 7th scv - Supply -- 8-9 mine. 10 - rax. Stuff like that like i said i've just come back and i am REALLY rusty...)

a tank drop build order? :sly

a vulture build order? (pesky toss players! :D)

and any other stratagies / build orders you guys have.

maybe some replays? or sites on where to get good terran replays.

what kinda strats would work against my friends who generally go... Toss---> Zealots at first, and after the first wave they come second wave with Zealots and goons. maybe some DTs. (But when im terran they always get DTS)

Zerg ---> Zerglings first. second wave hydras or lurker drop or mutas.

terran ---> my friends don't attack in the beginning with these guys, but they build up for tank drops.

Thanks in advance. and sorry if i asked alot of questions. Like i said im just beginning to get back into this game and i appriciate all the help i recieve from this board.

L

lamboy

Originally posted by CuteGuyNo.1
why do you want to know build order when you 7 pool
maybe so i can play with the race they call terran?

L

lamboy

Originally posted by CuteGuyNo.1
don't even bother trying terran, too much work
well i wanan learn how to use them. so maybe you can gimme some hinters?

sprucegoose

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well i like this strat:
scv's to minerals
build 2 scv's both to minerals
another svc build barracks
another scv build suppludepot
another scv build refinery
build 3-6 barracks
after ur suply depot guy finiished it make him build academy
start pumping out marines
get some medics to help them
while theyre fighting get a factory and sige tanks as fast as you can
so basically just keep on sending m&m into there base alonmg with tanks if need be

also if ur playing against a human dont build bunkers theyre basically useless

Skyhr

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
@ lamboy:

Don't actually memorize build orders, but try to understand them and know what to get because if your opponent harrasses you, then your build order really isn't that useful. So you need to sometimes break your usual order and go with the flow.

dreamcrusader

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
one LT I tend to tech as fast as I can. I build *NOTE* This is only on a 2on2 game as well :
1 Barackes
and the next SCV after that start a refinery.
Before you upgrade "seige mode" build a starport.
By the time you get a dropship youll have two tanks.
While you alli is attacking on the front your tanks are whiping out their workers in the back!
This is a decent 2on2 thing. Dont ry it on 1on1 though

Skyhr

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by dreamcrusader
one LT I tend to tech as fast as I can. I build *NOTE* This is only on a 2on2 game as well :
1 Barackes
and the next SCV after that start a refinery.
Before you upgrade "seige mode" build a starport.
By the time you get a dropship youll have two tanks.
While you alli is attacking on the front your tanks are whiping out their workers in the back!
This is a decent 2on2 thing. Dont ry it on 1on1 though
That thing actually works well on TvT sometimes, provided you can do it fast enough. Just siege them at the back, kill some workers, unsiege, and pop them back in the drop ship. It's a cool way to harass, especially when there's no anti-air.