T~ Do you use Nukes?

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
Do you use Nukes?

It might look pretty but it is a very unrealistic tactic condisidering the resouces and time involved. I'll use it when I see a LOT of photons/sunkens...etc. So, do you use it?

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I use it a lot in team games (3v3 etc). In that case I build 5 Command Centers and attach Silos to them.....

Yes, money map. Sue me.

Sakuhta

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Money map.. I was gonna say. 5 CC's? Jeebus christ.

In a normal map, that's like asking Jesus to revive Hitler, Joseph Stallone, and bring Sadam back to power.

*sues x42*

--EDIT
I will use nukes, but very sparingly, and always have to use them trickily, or they find your ghost.

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
No I wasn't talking about money maps to any of you btw..

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
OK, non-money maps it's literally impossible, since you have to wait for a Ghost to come out as well.

True, those Scanner Sweeping thingies work better in the long term.

But it's so fun to do against n00bs.....

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
Yeah, it is funny to watch all the nub's cannons dead and him yelling "STOP HAXIG I AMD REPORT TO BLIZZARD YOU !1!1"

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
tweedle tip(aka sword tip), what happened to your elmo avatar? That was ridiculously a funny one.

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
I changed it back but please edit your post to answer the question so it dosn't look like spam?

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Well, I'm much of a spell caster here on SC. I really am. And I love ghosts. They can be really good against toss or terran. They suck against zerg though, beats me why. They got some nice lasers...

Anyway, everytime I tech enough to have ghosts is because I have an expansion. Therefore, I use that one to build a nuclear silo, and have a spare nuke, just in case it is necessery.

Usually, no player is stupid enough not to be able to run away from the nuke, but if he is a bunkered Terran, then it will hurt.

And a toss who builds all his important buildings together will seriously see his production crippled by a couple of EMPs and a nuke. Without their shield, toss buildings only require one nuke to blow. And in case the enemy casts storm on your ghost, just DM him.

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
when i first started playing online i would be a terran and try to go for nuke, but ater a whlie of complete failure i stopped trying to get them and became toss instead :D

aphextwin

Reaction score
all the time, except when opponent's zerg....... unless stupid :0

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
how could u afford to get that withing getting ur ghost killed?

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
Dont forget distract the enemy. I'll nenver notice a ghost if 6 tanks and 24 gols came =O.

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
Ahahaha. Tronga always wants to nuke me in our games. He loves it :).

OT: 72 views...wow this topic brought much activity back into the terran bunker :).

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yup, nuking is always good for a laugh. it lets me know how badly I suck at this game. I don't know what it is but my opponents ALWAYS go for the nexus/hatch so I spot the red dot pretty easily. Usually the nukes come around when I have complete map control so I just let the nuke(s) hit. What's one less base, anyway?

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Yea, that's true. People tend to nuke the nexus, for some strange reason. I can understand it if it's a money map. But on normal maps it's rather better to send it to a Zerg's overlords (if they are all in one place) or to their army.

Against a toss, the best thing is to EMP their vital buildings, if they are all in the same place, then nuke it.

Against a terran, usually destroy their front defence, then advance with the army.

Sakuhta

Reaction score
I also nuke the actual army, but a little in front of it. For some reason no one ever looks there, they always jump to looking at their CC's, Nexus, or Hatchery. Then they either lose their army, or move it and they lose a vital defensive spot so I move in.