T~Build order

Rubber Band Man

Member!
Reaction score
Website
cjhettoviet.cjb.net
i got one
first of all u get a depot(always first)
then barrack
another depot
then u get bout 3 marines & cover cliff with a scv that'll work gainst zerg idk bout z's though

Reaction score
Website
www.visualdesigncore.com
Get 8 or so scv's, supply @ entrance, barracks, supply while barracks building next to supp @ entrance (barracks should finish a wall @ entrance.) Then get 3 or so marines and have them hold position between the supps and barracks so lings cant get in. Get SCV's the whole time you do this though. I also get marines along the way to prevent a ling rush.

Skyhr

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
For Zerg:
Get two barracks, use those two scvs to block off ramp while marines defend it. Zerg can get 6 lings when you get your 1st marine.

For Protoss:
Wall(mentioned above), go for vulture or tanks (1st unit should be tank to block off dragoon).

dreamcrusader

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
walling in is the best idea against zerglings. By the tme they get one through your marine will have killed one and you scv's can take the rest

Gemini_Bloodian

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site

Here is what I do:

TvZ
1:Get barracks asap and make rines

2:Wall off entrance with supply depo

3:Make bunks and load w/rines

4:make tanks and siege

TvP
1:8 SCV'S, while in the meantime walling off entrance with supply depo's(usually end up making 4-6).And making 2 Barracks or so.

2:Build Bunks and Load em up.

3:Get tanks ASAP to fight of goons/and badly injure lots.

4:Build turrets behind Tanks

5:Max up your infantry weapons and vehicle weapons

6:Replace rines w/ghots(optional)

No point in actually making turrets or upgrading for tvz considering almost everyone uses the ol' guards/devourers.

Gemini_Bloodian.

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
Originally posted by Gemini_Bloodian

Why so? Since Ghosts have long range, wouldn't it just be better to but them along side the bunker with some medics?

Skyhr

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site

Here is what I do:

TvZ
1:Get barracks asap and make rines

2:Wall off entrance with supply depo

3:Make bunks and load w/rines

4:make tanks and siege

TvP
1:8 SCV'S, while in the meantime walling off entrance with supply depo's(usually end up making 4-6).And making 2 Barracks or so.

2:Build Bunks and Load em up.

3:Get tanks ASAP to fight of goons/and badly injure lots.

4:Build turrets behind Tanks

5:Max up your infantry weapons and vehicle weapons

No point in actually making turrets or upgrading for tvz considering almost everyone uses the ol' guards/devourers.

Gemini_Bloodian.
Dude, you're crazy....

--.--;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

No point in upgrading in tvz = totally opposite, upgrades matter especially in tvz(defense first if lurkers, attack first if mutas), (and tank attack upgrade in tvp)

ghosts in bunkers in tvp= insane, they do only 2.5 damage to goons, and goons will rape bunkers.

infantry in tvp + upgrades = crazy, toss technology rapes terran infantry.

walling off in tvz = ...unnecessary, it'll just hinder your marines getting out.(might be helpful) but then you need to expand, so what's the point.

Guards are countered by SVs, irradicate them or defensive marines.

Turrets are needed in TvZ to counter muta harrassment(along with bunkers)

Bunks in TvP are unnecessary.(i use one though, in case they might dt drop, i hide it under the bay, along side a turret and mine)

Gemini_Bloodian

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Skyhr
Dude, you're crazy....

--.--;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

No point in upgrading in tvz = totally opposite, upgrades matter especially in tvz(defense first if lurkers, attack first if mutas), (and tank attack upgrade in tvp)

ghosts in bunkers in tvp= insane, they do only 2.5 damage to goons, and goons will rape bunkers.

infantry in tvp + upgrades = crazy, toss technology rapes terran infantry.

walling off in tvz = ...unnecessary, it'll just hinder your marines getting out.(might be helpful) but then you need to expand, so what's the point.

Guards are countered by SVs, irradicate them or defensive marines.

Turrets are needed in TvZ to counter muta harrassment(along with bunkers)

Bunks in TvP are unnecessary.(i use one though, in case they might dt drop, i hide it under the bay, along side a turret and mine)
Look, I am just posting what I do. It hasn't failed me yet, and the whole upfront defence is only used to stop a rush the first time. The second time, they generally break through the d since tanks end up hurting you more than zealots, and since majoritys map played have a very small entrance, you end up only having room for 2-5 bunkers.
As for upgrading tvz, you can easily rape guards/devourers w/wraiths and bunkers, while lurkers are easily raped by science vessels, or bunkers w/ghosts in them. And obviously air as the upper hand.

Gemini_Bloodian

Skyhr

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Look, I am just posting what I do. It hasn't failed me yet, and the whole upfront defence is only used to stop a rush the first time. The second time, they generally break through the d since tanks end up hurting you more than zealots, and since majoritys map played have a very small entrance, you end up only having room for 2-5 bunkers.
As for upgrading tvz, you can easily rape guards/devourers w/wraiths and bunkers, while lurkers are easily raped by science vessels, or bunkers w/ghosts in them. And obviously air as the upper hand.

Gemini_Bloodian
All right, it's just what you do. I'm just saying putting ghosts in bunkers might not be a good idea, such as dealing with lurkers. Lurkers are large units, and ghosts have concussive damage, meaning ghosts will do 25% of their original damage. I don't know why your opponent would send zealots again after you got tanks, which map do you play on?

Gemini_Bloodian

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well, for the beggining and warm-up maps, I use Fastest Map Possibles, but I generally play BGH's, LT's, and now and again ZC. I, personally, don't use ghosts. But for some people, it has been considered and effective move.

Gemini_Bloodian