T~ advantage of blocking enterances and how [lost temple]

PUMPKINHEAD

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
advantage of blocking enterances and how [lost temple]

of course most of you knew this before but some didn't, im sure=D
first of all if you block the enterance, its hard for the opponent to find out what you are doing as long as the scout reaches your base after the "blocking" he won't be able to go through and find out what tech you are on.

also blocking enterances will help you alot with defencing. if you are playing against toss and not blocking the enterance, and he rushes you extreme early with zealot, if hes a total newbie and doesn't do any micros of course you will block off. but with good micros, zealot rush will damage your workers. but if you block the entrance you will at least have time for zealot to breaking supply+repairing with scv and can make mech units meanwhile.

then you will ask "do i always have to block the enterance?"
i think against protoss, its better to do, but against zerg or terran, it depends on what strategy you are using.

screenshots of "how" to block the enterance properly [losttemple]:cool:

-=12=-

-=2=-

-=6=-

-=8=-

i have improved version of blocking but i can't post because of the img limit =[ i just want to help you guys so, if you don't get something please ask me

Madball

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
um nice there sir, except that no one blocks like that on image 4. A depot and a rax is enough.

And yes, against toss always block your choke. Against zerg, you dont have to since you will put out units much faster than he will in the beginning. Make 2 barracks gainst zerg instead. In 2v2 games, unless both enemies are zerg, always block your entrance.

PUMPKINHEAD

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
here comes improved versions

-=12=-

easier to repair depots and scv won't get trapped at the right corner

-=6=-

easier to repair depots

-=8=-

only with 1 depot and 1 barrack even zerglings cant get throu

less space for dragoonds to get up

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
with the less space for dragoons to get up they dont get up at all if you do it the original way. and you should put bunker placement to go the whole 9 yards

PUMPKINHEAD

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by x42bn6
I stick Tanks behind them. Is that a good idea?
nothing could be better than that when you play vs toss ;) ah, don't forget to have turret or comsat just in case the toss goes fast dark templar

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
It doesn't work well if yo go dual barrakcs :eek:.

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Why would you wanna dual rax? Just asking.

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
I always go dual everything for mass production :x.

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Phoenix2003
Why would you wanna dual rax? Just asking.
I guess for Terran vs Zerg match-ups. However, that only works with choke-point maps like Lost Temple, otherwise most people prefer to scout with their barracks.

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Biggest problem with your second -=8=- pic is if it's TvT and they roll in the tanks, you can kiss that defense goodbye. Best to stick with original config, and throw tanks in behind along that right wall, but a little set back. That way they're out of range of ranged units, but can still hit anything that comes close.

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
walling in is strictly tvp. doing so in other mus is asking for trouble.

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
I do it for most, because it makes it harder for units to swarm around you with zerglings, plus if its at te little spot between a depot and racks where they all come through, you have a fbat in the bunker and it works very well... but terran I dunno...