System requirment question!

Majshake

Reaction score
I have D3 installed and running great at my home. I sit at work some days bored as ever and the boss takes off for hours at a time. I was thinking on these crappy computers can I install D3 , not to play the game, but to get into the AH and play that for a while? What is the bare min I have to have just to get to the AH and to start the log in in screen?

Thanks -Shake

Jessi

Member!
Reaction score
You could definitely try. I don't know that anyone has listed actual bare minimums for that because most people actually want to -play.- I know I could run Warcraft on a system with have the specs as the recommended and while it would lag horribly, I could chat, do AH stuff, etc.

Majshake

Reaction score
Ok I will bring it to work tomorrow and try it , Ill let you know how it goes.....

Jessi

Member!
Reaction score
Good luck!

You're going to want to turn all of your settings down. If you find that you lag too hard to even get to the video settings, you can manually change them in the config files. If you need help with that, it's pretty easy to find on Google or I can send you some links to help.

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I would try it knowing that playing the game aside form AH would be completely impossible. But I do have a feeling that Blizzard was a bit dumb and might have actually blocked the game from working if certain settings weren't up to par.

Let us know what you find out though.

jmsben12

Reaction score
What is the bare min I have to have just to get to the AH and to start the log in in screen?
I don't know what kind of computers your office has, but most office computers should meet the minimum.
1.5gigs of ram
CPU

The only problem would be the graphics card, which most work places probably won't invest extra for.
It only needs 256mb of dedicated video RAM but it also needs Pixel/Vertex Shader 3.0

Come back and share, I'm interested to see if it worked for you.

Jessi

Member!
Reaction score
Yeah, it's the video card that would concern me. Unless it's an office that does graphics work, they're unlikely to care....or it may be an older system that's been there for years because it does what it needs to and there hasn't been a need to upgrade.

fred87nc

Member!
Reaction score
You are going to need to have the machine updated, but stay safe OP, dont lose your job over the AH house. If you feel like you can get away with it then well, theres always a risk. They really need to make an Auction house app for the iPhone.