Suggestions

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
So I've pretty much caught up in the X-men, just finished the Messiah CompleX storyline, and have a couple issues to wrap up. I'll probably pick a major title to go through for next year like I have in the past couple years (Spider-man 2 yrs ago, Mighty thor Last year, x-men this year).

So I'm asking for suggestions on maybe some shorter runs, less involved titles that don't have 40 years of comics to go through. I'm about 1/4 through Y:The Last Man and that has been awesome so far, and i have a couple smaller series planned, but wondering if anyone has some suggestions for something else to read.

doesn't have to be mainstream Marvel/DC, doesn't have to be super heroes or anything like that. Something preferably well written.

Hitsua

+
Reaction score
So I've pretty much caught up in the X-men, just finished the Messiah CompleX storyline, and have a couple issues to wrap up. I'll probably pick a major title to go through for next year like I have in the past couple years (Spider-man 2 yrs ago, Mighty thor Last year, x-men this year).

So I'm asking for suggestions on maybe some shorter runs, less involved titles that don't have 40 years of comics to go through. I'm about 1/4 through Y:The Last Man and that has been awesome so far, and i have a couple smaller series planned, but wondering if anyone has some suggestions for something else to read.

doesn't have to be mainstream Marvel/DC, doesn't have to be super heroes or anything like that. Something preferably well written.
Well, for a decent laugh read the Clerks comics...

...but, to get to some good comics you don't have to go through 40 years of comics totally...I mean, the first 100 or so issues of Fantastic Four are amazing.

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
Runaways is good.
Superman/Batman is good fun.
Green Lantern Corps is good for a team book.
Nightwing is good. Until OYL, then it's bad until Tomasi came on, but still the OYL **** is lolfull so it's a good read still.
Robin is good for about the first hundred 50 issues.
52 was good.
Annihiltion was great.
Annihilation: Conquest was less-so.
Guardians of the Galaxy has been awesome, but it's only on issue 4 or something.
Same with Nova, except it's raound 20.
Blue Beetle is increadibly amazing (the newest one, with the mexican) once the speed picks up after around 10, though it probably isn't a problem if you're not getting it month to month.
Dynamo has been amazing, but it's only on 15.

There, go read some of that. A lot of it is DC, but whatever.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I'm meh, on Clerks, because I think Kevin Smith is full of himself, and teeters on the edge of funny/not funny.

Iron Fist bores me. I've always like Thor to Heracles, so if the books are similar in any way i'm gonna pass. I'll look into Nova. He was with the New Warriors at one point yes?

Yeah I got the superman/batman on your suggestion and i enjoyed it.

I also had a few people recommend runaways, so ill look into that. I have Annihilation, just never got around to reading it. I will eventually i'm sure.

Bluebeetle has also been suggested to me a bunch of times so ill look into that.

Not sure about Robin or Nightwing. Well i've read a bunch of nightwing randomly, and it wasn't too bad, so maybe.

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Iron Fist bores you!? Does an amazing story also bore you, eh? But yeah, Nova was once with the New Warriors.

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
pick up Kevin Eastman and Peter Lairds TMNT comics

4 volumes worth of comics, 3 if you want to stay to the "True story", one vol. was decided to be non canon

great reads man.

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
I tried reading a few things from the TMNT universe and was quickly turned off by how ****ty the story was and how decompressed it was. They make JMS look like a ****ing speedking.

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Try reading Hulk. It's arguably the best comic Marvel's putting out right now... Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
Hulk's terrible, that's what's wrong with it.

Rhulk jumped into space to fight Thor. It was ****ing stupid.

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
hulk is cool to me.

if he really jumped into space to fight thor well yeah thats kinda lame and stupid. coz he can't, rught? anyway thor should just come down and fight hulk.

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
Actually, didn't RULK just beat the living **** outta Hulk? I wouldn't know as I don't go near Hulk books cause they're incredibly boring for me. When he's Banner he's the ultimate EmoAngst guy, and when he's Hulk he's just...a boring invincible character.