Stupidest Strategies Ever

Reaction score
1) What is the worst strategy you have ever seen someone else use?
2) What is the worst strategy you have ever used yourself?
3) What do you think are the worst mistakes other races can make?

1) terran player going bio on a protoss player w/ high templars :]
2) hmmm, well back in the days.. when I was a newb I used to cover my whole base w/ photon cannons and waited for my allies to kill everyone, lmao
3) the worst mistake a terran player could make is getting units and just clicking 'a' on the enemy's base and leaving them. NOT GOOD, maybe 'ok' for toss and zerg, but terran needs a great deal of stopping and strategic clicking to make the attack effective

MasterLardo said:
try tank bc!
tank+bc is an awesome strat! But pricey and takes awhile to go up tech tree.

Snagg

Premium Member
Reaction score
tank + bc not quite as good as tank + goliath + vulture.

Xecutor

Member!
Reaction score
Cangiz said:
The worst strategy to use against me, is 300 lings. I'd own you with reavers and carriers, with dragoons, Firebats Medics Tanks BCs, or Lurkers.
Yeah...

Right...

:rolleyes ...

The Voice Of God

Mylictruan
Reaction score
My worts was camoflaugeing turrents and bunkers with command centers.

What happened was enemy flew right passed my cc's thinking they no harm but under them missles started shooting lmao.

Odinian

Member!
Reaction score
Website
rmarcus.info
First bnet game...

I rushed MASSIVE zeolots. Maxed out. They all got to the guys base, he had no defense. I was thinking "sweet!". Then, about 36 wraiths unclocked, and killed all my zeolots. About 5 seconds after they where dead, about twice that many unlcocked on my base. ;)

Lord of Nukes

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
www.scindex.com
The first time I had played Zerg, I hadn't played the Zerg campaign at all. I realized that Overlords were one of the firt things you could amke, and I thought "Omfg I can make air units fast, this is aawesome!!!" Well, I was a bit surpirsed to find that my Overlords refused to attack a group of Marines that came into my base. I told him I was new, so he let me live for a little bit, containing me with tanks and mariens. He then proceeded to crush me when I asked how the heck you build a Lair. T_T Overlord rushing isn't such a great idea, :p.

han_HAn_Han

Member!
Reaction score
Lord of Nukes said:
The first time I had played Zerg, I hadn't played the Zerg campaign at all. I realized that Overlords were one of the firt things you could amke, and I thought "Omfg I can make air units fast, this is aawesome!!!" Well, I was a bit surpirsed to find that my Overlords refused to attack a group of Marines that came into my base. I told him I was new, so he let me live for a little bit, containing me with tanks and mariens. He then proceeded to crush me when I asked how the heck you build a Lair. T_T Overlord rushing isn't such a great idea, :p.
psh...ever heard of shuttle rush?? duh...lolz anyway
my stupidest strat ever:
It was one of my first times playing multiplayer melee, so I was still new and didn't know what most of the spells did...i saw someone use dark swarm and they rushed in ultras on my ally so i was like, "oh dark swarm prevents damage to units...."
you can guess what happens next....i swarmed his base and rushed in like around 40 hydras that got pwned by his 10 lings

stupidest strat used on me:
PvP the guy tried bsing me w/ like 10 carriers, and he even saw my frickin temps in my base. rushed in stormed like 3 individual times and his carrier fleet died and i lost a pylon. I proceeded to drop reavers in his newb cannon base behind his gigantic cannon walls

Lord of Nukes

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
www.scindex.com
psh...ever heard of shuttle rush?? duh...lolz anyway
It was the first time i had ever played Zerg, I thought Zerg Overlords would be great attacking units and I did not know why Drones wouldn't let me build a Lair, I was not aware of any strategies pertaining to Zerg.

Worst strategy used on me was a Mind Control strategy. He attempted to tech to Dark templar quickly, then make Dark Archons and steal my troops. he must have bee expecting Battlecruisers or something because I pwned him with Vultures and Tanks with EMP Science Vessels.

Reaction score
well ive done dumb things like 400 lings i killed off my workers but then all my lings died and i had NO MONEY to build anything i had like 48 mins i was so mad -_-
but ive seen dumber things
i.e. Lost Temple- some noob or little kid or something sent all his overlords into my base and he was like "what??? why arent my overlords attacking????" and i sent in one zealot and killed him
Fastest Map Green (2v1 comp stomp then i bsed)-another thing ive seen is a guy had like maxed out tanks he had so many and i was zerg and he was like "surrender!!!! I HAVE THE TANKS!!!!" all i did was send a few hydras to his tanks (which died) and then maxed out the rest of my one hundred something supply in mutas and got all his tanks but he had like a million turrets which killed my mutas, then he had like goliaths and i killed those with 100 lings and like 50 hydras wiped him out
Hunters (not bgh)- lurker rush when i had like 30 cannons and he doesnt even burrow
but the worst by far was done by me...
Big Game Hunters- all i did the whole game was build workers and then i massed those and the guy lost o_O

AZN_FLEA

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
back when i was a noob i was expanding like crazy and massing marines with no detection.

i built like 30 barracks (i had the whole map for myself) and then i set the rally point to the protoss base and started pumping marines. haha stupid DT killed my marine who were coming in single file one by one. haha.