Stupidest Strategies Ever

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
Haha I think I might have a good one. My first bnet game. Imagine 4 vs 4 game. I being Terrian, airlifted all my buildings at the start, and moving them to toss camp to drop in and own. As I lifted off, a zerg enemy came into my base and began to create an expansion camp. I had no where to drop that had money and gas. It then became a 7 vs me game. Oh the joys of noobyism.

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
betaalpha5 said:
sci vessal rush :) irridate the workers :)
I've actually won a game by doing that before. It was against a really slow Terran player on an Islands map. He had lots of tanks and some marines, but no goliaths and few turrets. I killed most of his SUVs and then he just left the game. :)

PauseBreak

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
XxSworn_EnemyxX said:
Haha I think I might have a good one. My first bnet game. Imagine 4 vs 4 game. I being Terrian, airlifted all my buildings at the start, and moving them to toss camp to drop in and own. As I lifted off, a zerg enemy came into my base and began to create an expansion camp. I had no where to drop that had money and gas. It then became a 7 vs me game. Oh the joys of noobyism.
LOL, thats a good one.

Crimson-Shade

Member!
Reaction score
betaalpha5 said:
ZvZ go sunken rush.. i wonder if that would work
it works wonders on an unsuspecting opponent. just make sure to scout beforehand.

stupidest strat ive ever done was going by what those strategy guides said to do.

lol

PauseBreak

Reaction score
Strat guides are really kind of a waste. With every new patch things change. Even if its a small patch things can change. Kind of like the butterfly effect. Which I personally think it overrated, but it has its truths.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
MrBret said:
Strat guides are really kind of a waste. With every new patch things change. Even if its a small patch things can change. Kind of like the butterfly effect. Which I personally think it overrated, but it has its truths.
which is why we just love to use edit buttons and edit the guide! :grunt

Icedragon

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
lol nice one N_

i think the slickest strat CrookedFoot pulled on me he built a arb and then used the potal thing to bring like a wave of DT and zelots right into my base right next to my workers lol so yeah i got screwed that was an awsome start...

stupidest thing i do is not build detectors i usally think they are worthless but after a few games with crooked i learned really fast lol when he has the whole map deteced and yeah lol....

worst strat i have yet to see some one worse than me lol

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
exobyte said:
GHOST RUSH!
Nuclear Launch Detected!
Nuclear Launch Detected!
Nuclear Launch Detected!
Nuclear Launch Detected!
Nuclear Launch Detected!
Nuclear Launch Detected!
Nuclear Launch Detected!
Nuclear Launch Detected!

I had a guy do that to me once. Drop about 12 Nukes on my tiny, noobified base. It was cluttered, so all 12 nukes or however many he fired (I just remember a Terminator Moment: the bombs fall, I die. tons of rockers in the air all falling like rain.) destroyed all my units and buildings except for a few probes. Everything else died, even his ghosts. He won after that/ :p

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
Anyone ever use a Science Vessel Irradiate rush before?

You bulid four sci vessels, have them irradiate themselves, and then move them over a player's organic army while you attack. It murders them. This strategy can also effectively ruin a player's economy if you position your vessels over his works while they're irradiated. Give it three seconds and he'll have no workers left.

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
Master_America said:
Anyone ever use a Science Vessel Irradiate rush before?

You bulid four sci vessels, have them irradiate themselves, and then move them over a player's organic army while you attack. It murders them. This strategy can also effectively ruin a player's economy if you position your vessels over his works while they're irradiated. Give it three seconds and he'll have no workers left.

Yea tried that once against Zerg it works really well. Follow that up with a small team of marines, and you can wipe out just about any zerg force.

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
this might work

Zvz
you build a canal on your enemy's base. you sent in a few hydras and ultras you launch an attack on the front and when he sends them up you attack withthose guys :)

th4t1dud3

Member!
Reaction score
Darkmatter said:
Nuclear Launch Detected!
Nuclear Launch Detected!
Nuclear Launch Detected!
Nuclear Launch Detected!
Nuclear Launch Detected!
Nuclear Launch Detected!
Nuclear Launch Detected!
Nuclear Launch Detected!

I had a guy do that to me once. Drop about 12 Nukes on my tiny, noobified base. It was cluttered, so all 12 nukes or however many he fired (I just remember a Terminator Moment: the bombs fall, I die. tons of rockers in the air all falling like rain.) destroyed all my units and buildings except for a few probes. Everything else died, even his ghosts. He won after that/ :p

I remember doing something VERY similar before. It was fun. It was a while ago, and now thinkin back (about 2-3 months ago) I dont understand how my team won.. I mean, THE ONLY THING I had was nukes and ghosts. I could barely support my team in battle. Oh well, we won and I guess that's all that matters :)

I also do the above post. I use a group of about 12 gaurds to atack their front lines, then go with the nydus. It works really well.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
In my old days before I knew what the hell I was doing, I used to either build absolutely no detector defenses, or build NOTHING BUT THEM. I got freaking eaten. Either they were spying on me constantly and I had no clue (observers in my base) or I had nothing but Photon Cannons out the ass and got owned by an EMP/Wraith charge.

And one time when I just started out (seriously it was like my third game against a real person) I was all tooting along as Terran, just piddling around trying to work on getting some BCs, and I hear "nuclear launch detected." I was like "WTF???" I didn't even know that we HAD nukes. I didn't know to look for the red dot. I didn't know that it can be stopped. I panicked and left the game, yelling out something over the chatline like "hey no fair I'm new!"

OMFG, I was the uber-noob.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
th4t1dud3 said:
I remember doing something VERY similar before. It was fun. It was a while ago, and now thinkin back (about 2-3 months ago) I dont understand how my team won.. I mean, THE ONLY THING I had was nukes and ghosts. I could barely support my team in battle. Oh well, we won and I guess that's all that matters :)

I also do the above post. I use a group of about 12 gaurds to atack their front lines, then go with the nydus. It works really well.
Tis fun to panic a newbie with the nuclear launch sequence. Once he sees it like 8 times, he thinks, ''OMFG I R DONE FOR!!'' and he leaves in most cases. It creates a panic wirthin the person if they have no knowledge of how other races work. :D

not_a_poster

Member!
Reaction score
arbiter rush, static his army then slaughter there commadn center with ur 20 arbs :)

Xecutor

Member!
Reaction score
No matter what your opponent does, go for 10, 11 gate zeals :p

It dies puhretty quick to vult rush in PvT.

Zerg can just pump pure Hydra and win :p