Stuff hurts

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
So my realm has had this issue for a long, long time:

There has been one 'best' alliance guild from the start of TBC, more or less, and several decent Horde guilds who never managed to get any of the first kills. It is also an RP server (long story short: joined it due to friends), so the recruitment is very hard on either side, specially on Alliance.

Obviously, we're not a very advanced server, but the Horde guilds finally decided to get some sense and merge.

Now, were going for our third week of tries on Algalon 25 (mainly due to shit disconnects, it really, really breaks down the 1h tries per week to like 20 mins :<), and we finally got him down yesterday.

However, thanks to the fact our main warlock, who was in charge of Collapsing Stars, had to be one hour late, we managed to lose the Realm First achievement to the new horde guild, who was on their second week.

Fair enough, they deserved it if they got it with one less week of tries (DCs suck, we won them on ToC with attempts left, hard :( ), but the painful thing is we got it on our second try that night, which means that if our warlock had not been late, we'd have it.

It does hurt, but, hey, we had been top guild on the server without any fight whatsoever for too long. Our game was only about actually beating the boss, there was really never a 'before anyone else' issue. Suppose that adds new flavour ;)

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s120/ChrisZaran/Algalon25.jpg

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
[22:29:00.015] Devilsaur Bite Yogg-Saron 1077
[22:29:00.878] Yogg-Saron dies

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
LOL. I've seen Thorim die to thorns before. Pretty epic.

EDIT: Not Thorim, since he can't die. It must've been XT or something.