Stuck in the middle for orcs...

not_a_poster

Member!
Reaction score
Well early game if i can, i probably go gruntapult, with TC and FS. But later on, i dunno what to do. If they tech to air, ill have to either go wvyrns or headhuntas but those get ranged upgrades, which i only have melee weapon upgrades. I usually get raped by chims anyways... I never liked wvyrns, because there only good in mass and i always get rushed/hero harassed before then. If i stay with grunts, they'll out tech me and taurens arent that useful without the tauren revive spell but thats 2 upgrades! So is bloodlust! I usually get hammered in later mid game and end game cuz i cant keep up with other people :(

HispanicPaulo

Member!
Reaction score
Ok lets start off wit hero harassment. Purchase a scroll (for seeing invisable units--can buy at NE shop tier1) so that bm does touch u. Iwth other heroes, either get a couple of untis with healing scrlls or get towers. Also, use the fast scroll thingy at the orc shop cause it hels out a lot! And as u tech get some shams. But now this, variety can only go SO far, if u have everything, u will probaly for sure get raiped, so stick with some sort of techinque. Like Shams, grunts( or tauren), wyves and some bats I say bats cause they murder air make that explosion and half theif air is ****ed wit six of these buggers. Maybe even get doctors, ut i have difficulty wit dat!

laso get a goblin shredder and if u cnt upgarde, jus start exploring, tho ur teammates will call u a newbis n shit, u r still learning the better ay. thas how i leanred!!!!!!Try it on the story campaign! Really teching is not an easy process to master! If u want help ill sned u a replay! im a master at harassing! if u want tips!

G-Blunted

Member!
Reaction score
Bats are the AA unit you're looking for. Wyvern and HH both suck as Anti-Air units...

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
You have four options and one tactic for anti air disposal, mix and match them for the best results.

1) Get raiders, net the air so that your units can attack it. This is a good method because the unit cannot move for 12 seconds, however the raiders die pretty fast if left unchecked.

2) Suicide Batriders - Home on groups so the splash damage from the explosion works. If there is no air left and you still have batriders, target them on remaining melee or casters if you aren't going to lose them.

3) The RISK!! - Get HH or Wyverns, although they both attack slow and have a short life-span, they still have considerably high amounts of damage. Using focus fire helps well.

4) Arm orbs - I do this in FFA all the time, arm all my heroes with Orbs of Lightning so some of my heroes can strike at air when I need to, especially the blademaster with his crits.

Or the best method, harass him hard so he cannot get air. Be prepared for the back of the bases, in which they may contain the gryphon avairies.

Hispanic said:
Really teching is not an easy process to master!
The only reason it is hard is because idiots in RT don't get units or tech to t3 with barely anything.