Strategy in SC2

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree, but Protoss do better with a fair bit of micro...the only difference is that the main reason for a lot of micro is to get good at targeting and casting spells on individual targets (Lockdown, Yamato), and with a lot of Protoss spellcasters, simultaneous casting isn't necessarily bad. (Recall, Psi Storm, Maelstrom).
I was talking as in setting up mines, siege modes, etc etc.... and i guess those counts too

and swordtip, thats why you;'re a nub =/

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Actually, if you want to get into that sorta thing, utilizing Observers and DTs for scouting or strategic attacks takes a lot of micro too. Sometimes I go right down to individual targeting in large battles too....but usually I just "micro" groups...setting them to individual goals and such.

Of course, the same could be said for Ghosts or Vultures..

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
And two armies with heroes means that there is no hero deciding factor, and everything rests on what units you have prepared for your army. No hero has ever single handedly won any battle by itself in a real ladder game. Thats' like saying an army with spell casters and an army without spell casters the army with spell casters will win. That's your logic.
The effect of the hero changes the tide of battle in ladder games. Without there effects one army might not have one against the other.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
The effect of the hero changes the tide of battle in ladder games. Without there effects one army might not have one against the other.
congratulations on not adding anything to your last statement. That's like saying air units are unrealistic because when you have air units in your army you turn the tide against the army without air units. it's the same thing with heroes. They are there, they are simply units that gain levels. They are not overpowered uber, and they never kill armies let alone a fraction of the enemy army. They are comparable to simply adding air untis or casters to your army. You don't make sense, You obviously don't know what you're talking about, and Starcraft doesn't have heroes.