Strange problems, help needed

finch

Reaction score
Okay, so this problem began when I noticed this page
http://www.battleforums.com/forums/starcraft-general/82418-having-latency-problems-read-here.html
which looks very promising to help me with my latency issues. Unfortunately that thread is closed and I can no longer reply to it for advice. Here is the problem: when I try to log in to my diagnostics page on 192.168.1.1, i type in my user name as usual, and when i try and type my password, the entry that I see is not what I type. The first character that I type enters 3 characters (as asterisks of course). When I try and copy and paste my password from a word document, the password I entry I paste is instantly changed to something else. I thought perhaps I had a virus which kept me from entering my password, but every other computer on this network has the same issue. Any advice?

P.S. If i press and hold the reset button on the back of my linksys router for 20 seconds to reset the password, might this fix the present issue? Will I have to reconfigure the entire system, or will it remain configured with factory default settings and readily usable for all with access?

Thank you all so much for your help!
-Finch

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
(Posting this PM reply to a message he sent me for the benefit of anyone else having this issue.)

I have a FiOS router that does the exact same thing. This is primarily a security protocol that the router uses to help mask the actual length of your password if someone were, say, watching you type from over your shoulder. It makes it much more difficult to guess how long your password actually is.

The major disadvantage to this is that you can't have your browser save your password for later sessions, as the router won't recognize the number of characters it tries to use when you go back to log in. You, unfortunately, have to type in your pass every time you go to log in.

What you're experiencing is normal on many newer, more advanced routers though, and doesn't sound like you have any sort of virus. Just type slowly to make sure you're being accurate when you enter your pass in and you should be fine.

And sorry for the delayed response.

admiralxgmx

Member!
Reaction score
Website
s1.zetaboards.com
The problem could be that you have a router. However, there is a way to fix the problem by forwarding your ports. If you have a "Linksys WRT110" router, then click here. If you have a different router, then click here. If neither of those solutions worked, then I recommend you post your tech support problem on several different forums (I recommend you post it on the SS Free, Forum Unity, WarBoards, Trollz, Explosmertacular, the new Battle.net forums, the old Battle.net forums, StarEdit Network, Maplantis, BlizzForums, Creep Colony, BattleReports, Godz Minnionz, StarCraft.org, Battle Forums, Reenactor Entertainment, Facepunch Studios, Lethal Injection, StarCraft Meetup, and D3Scene.ru) and I also recommend you contact Blizzard Entertainment. To contact Blizzard Entertainment you can e-mail "support@blizzard.com" (without the quotation marks), call "(949) 955-1382", go to the channel "Blizzard Tech Support" (without the quotation marks) on the U.S. West gateway, or send them mail at "Blizzard Entertainment | P.O. Box 18979 | Irvine, CA 92623 | United States" (with | meaning go to the next line). I hope this helped.

aergo

The Prophet
Reaction score
Website
www.gnomelogic.com
forwarding ports is the most trouble i have ever had with networking and i installed hamatchi =) but hopfully its easyer for you mine would never work no mater what (4 weeks of work and no results)
so i just got a new one and all is well