Storyline gone? Use your heads...

Tact

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.fusiongamers.com
For those of you who say "ALL 3 OF 73H PRIM3 3V1L5 4R3 G0NE1!!1 IT'S OVER!@@". I say to you... "USE YOUR HEADS"... :angry

D2 set up a storyline for d3 in SOOOO many ways.

1) The worldstone IS GONE! Anya even said she could not forsee the consequences of this happening, and that it was not in the prophecies.
2) TYREAL killed the worldstone... He could be secretly planning to take over the world, and you (by killing the prime evils) killed his competition.
3) You never find the "almighty" Horizon. All you find is the stupid summoner and hor's journal.
4) You never destroy Baal's soulstone.
5) You don't know who it was that actually destroyed the soulstones of the other two prime evils.
6) You never destroy Andarial or Duriel. You only kill their physical form, sending them back to hell (which might I remind you is coming to earth now since the worldstone is gone).
7) The lesser evils have been known to conspire against the prime evils.
8) Belial and Azmodan were never even killed in their physical form, for all we know they could still be roaming in the phyiscal world.
9) The soulstones you destroyed were pieces of the worldstone... Now that the worldstone is destroyed, who knows what effect that will have on the prime evils being banished?
10) The worldstone acted as a huge spirit vacuum also, now that it's gone there are TONS of spirits roaming freely.
11) It may not even have been Tyreal that destroyed the worldstone... Baal disguised himself in the cinematics, and he was even able to clone himself. Maybe you didn't even kill him, maybe you killed his clone.
12) Where the hell does the red portal at the end of the game go?
13) Necromancers are NEUTRAL in the war... They could change sides any time.
14) You NEVER destroy Diablo's soulstone in the first place... "I heard later Diablo's soulstone was destroyed...". Whered you hear that, old man? Did "tyreal" tell you that?

If anyone has any more ideas for the storyline feel free to post.

One more thing before I go. Blizzard is NOT stupid about making money. They sold SOOO much for D2 and D2:LOD. They also broke all the MMO records with WoW. You think they would just "pass" on making huge loads of cash from D3? Yeah... Right... You might as well be telling everyone Microsoft has plans to discontinue Windows.

Steel101

Member!
Reaction score
They are good ideas. I don't think the Soulstones were made out of the Worldstone though (Mephisto's Soulstone was Blue, Baal's Yellow,while the Worldstone is red). Andariel and Duriel are dead, there aren't any physical forms, etc. Baal disguising as Tyreal is extremely unlikely. Plus, if this were true, how does Baal's clone make a clone of himself? The Red Portal at the end of the game takes you back to Harrogath (when you get your new title, you see Cain and Harrogath behind him). The Worldstone acting as a vaccum? Where'd you get that?

What I would like to see in the next D3 is the Lesser Evils making their way to the mortal world.

Tact

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.fusiongamers.com
Steel101 said:
They are good ideas. I don't think the Soulstones were made out of the Worldstone though (Mephisto's Soulstone was Blue, Baal's Yellow,while the Worldstone is red). Andariel and Duriel are dead, there aren't any physical forms, etc. Baal disguising as Tyreal is extremely unlikely. Plus, if this were true, how does Baal's clone make a clone of himself? The Red Portal at the end of the game takes you back to Harrogath (when you get your new title, you see Cain and Harrogath behind him). The Worldstone acting as a vaccum? Where'd you get that?

What I would like to see in the next D3 is the Lesser Evils making their way to the mortal world.
Have you not read the Diablo lore? Everything you stated is not true.

Soulstones were fragments of the Worldstone, they HAD to be as it was the only thing that could contain the prime evils.

Andarial and Duriel aren't any physical form? So you're telling me you never actually kill them, they're just your imagination? So they were never in the physical world? That makes no sense...

Baal already DID disguise himself as Tyreal in the cinematics.

How does Baal's clone make a clone of himself? What are you talking about???

The red portal MAY take you to harragoth, but you don't know that for sure. You leave the game after killing baal and you get that screen regardless of whether or not you take the portal. You can leave while in Act 1 and still get that screen.

Worldstone is a vacuum to all spirits which prevents them from staying in the physical world...

You should read some Diablo lore out of the books or off websites. They will explain all this...

Steel101

Member!
Reaction score
11) It may not even have been Tyreal that destroyed the worldstone... Baal disguised himself in the cinematics, and he was even able to clone himself. Maybe you didn't even kill him, maybe you killed his clone
Here you say "Maybe you didn't even kill him, maybe you killed his clone"
One of Baal's abilities is to make a clone, so if Baal was disguised as Tyreal and made a clone of himself, then his clone would be able to clone himself, which is kind of screwed up.

Also, where does it say that Baal disguised himself as Tyreal in the cinematics?

Tact

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.fusiongamers.com
Steel101 said:
Here you say "Maybe you didn't even kill him, maybe you killed his clone"
One of Baal's abilities is to make a clone, so if Baal was disguised as Tyreal and made a clone of himself, then his clone would be able to clone himself, which is kind of screwed up.

Also, where does it say that Baal disguised himself as Tyreal in the cinematics?
Are you on crack?

Did I EVER say that ALL of these possiblities would be a storlyine at once? Honestly, this title is for you... USE YOUR HEAD.

Making a clone and disguising as tyreal were 2 different posiblities, don't intertwine them with eachother as you are only making a fool of yourself.

And, if you make a clone, isn't a CLONE an EXACT COPY of something? Meaning, this CLONE could do whatever the original could do... So in all actuallity even IF I were discussing these as one possiblity, the clone COULD clone himself as it would be able to do ANYTHING the original could.

In the beginning of the cinematic, baal is in the robe when the old man see him, he sees tyreal's wings and armor.

You are manipulating and distorting my words for the sole purpose of arguing. If all you want is an arguement, go play WoW.

Steel101

Member!
Reaction score
I'm not trying to argue, I'm just saying. Last post on this thread if that'll make you happy.

The cloaked person was Diablo, because we see him everywhere in a cloak. Also, this cinematic was the starting for Diablo II, not Diablo II: Lord of Destruction. The starting for LOD was when the old guy comes through the door and Baal's army is there.

Last post, later.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Her'es a point. The main storyline of the Diablo Series is gone. You defeat all prime evils in Diablo II. Therefore they're forced to make some new storyline. That's the general complaint because people simply don't want to make a new one.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
http://www.blizzarduniverse.net/index.php

Go, read. It tells you everything you need to know about what has happened with Diablo I and II, it also tells of Azmodon and Belial, and what they are doing during the timeline of Diablo II and LoD.

Tact

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.fusiongamers.com
Darkmatter said:
Her'es a point. The main storyline of the Diablo Series is gone. You defeat all prime evils in Diablo II. Therefore they're forced to make some new storyline. That's the general complaint because people simply don't want to make a new one.
Okay, so if the soulstones were to banish the three primes evils, and the soulstones were made out of the worldstone, who is to say that the soulstones have any more power now that the source is gone?

If I tie you up and you are literally unable to move at all, and then the knot is gone, you really, honestly believe that the rope alone is going to keep you in that spot?

Honestly, 90% of the people who complain have no ability of comprehending what isn't bluntly in front of their eyes.

Technically, the MAIN storyline of the series was gone with Diablo. The game revolves around saving tristram. Obviously the efforts were in vein. Diablo II is just a continuation, where you save more than just one town from Diablo's wrath.

You say that "The main storyline of the Diablo Series is gone. You defeat all prime evils in Diablo II." I beg to differ. Read my WHOLE post. You NEVER know if the soulstones of Baal and Diablo are ever really destroyed. All you know is that Mephisto's was.

Steel101: I'm not trying to get you to leave this thread. All I'm stating is that every thing you have said was to contradict something I said, and was based on guesses. Just seemed to me you were a little more up to an arguement than actually discussing the possiblities.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I'd be, in general, stupid if they somehow brought it back. A new storyline would, in all seriousness, give the story something more to thrive on then ''we need to hgo kill teh prime evilz now and againz!11'' Do you see my point? A lot of people may want it to stay the same, but I for one wouldn't mind a change.

LocalBoyZ

Member!
Reaction score
Darkmatter said:
I think that a new storyline would be the best too. But if they wanted to they could still have you chasing after baal and diablo. You never destroy their soulstones even if you did defeat them, you didn't destroy them.

LocalBoyZ

Member!
Reaction score
Steel101 said:
I'm not trying to argue, I'm just saying. Last post on this thread if that'll make you happy.

The cloaked person was Diablo, because we see him everywhere in a cloak. Also, this cinematic was the starting for Diablo II, not Diablo II: Lord of Destruction. The starting for LOD was when the old guy comes through the door and Baal's army is there.

Last post, later.

LOL!!!!!!!! You think that the person in the cloak in the opening cinematic for d2 is diablo??? hahahahahaha! So the person telling the guy in the cloak how he heard later that diablo was defeated is just full of shit or what? Or how about the cinematic where the guy in the cloak turns into tal rasha? Did diablo ever take tal rasha's body over? Hell no! Or how about the old man on the floor calling the guy in the cloak Baal when he shows himself as tal rasha? And why do you think he leaves the prison with BAAL'S soulstone and in the expansion it is BAAL that is the only surviver of the three? Please don't tell me you REALLY play diablo. It would be pathetic to think that someone could be that blind to detail.

Tact

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.fusiongamers.com
Darkmatter said:
I'd be, in general, stupid if they somehow brought it back. A new storyline would, in all seriousness, give the story something more to thrive on then ''we need to hgo kill teh prime evilz now and againz!11'' Do you see my point? A lot of people may want it to stay the same, but I for one wouldn't mind a change.
I understand, but anywhere in my post did you ever read, "There will be the same storyline. No question about it. You're all dumb for believing otherwise." I have not limited the storyline to being killing the prime evils again. I have simply posted the possiblities. And once again I have received posts from someone who has not researched whatsoever, bases their reply on opinion (which is fine to an extent) rather than knowledge, and tries to back the reply up with false information.

I like seeing opinionated replies, but when it is a statement trying to falsify my post, and ultimately ends up being wrong, that's just a ridiculous arguement that could be avoided.

I'd much rather see an opinionated response such as, "Damn that would be cool... " or whatnot, rather than, "You're wrong, my mule has 2 sojs."

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Hehe..miss point, case closed.

Anyways, they probavbly should make a new storyline. Then idiot fanboys who are generally too addicted to the game to see it's faults can go and waste their lives away.

Nicholas The Slide

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I think its time they thought of something a little different for the storyline,and something longer...because you can finish diablo (get through hell) in like an hour. maybe they could make it a longer game and a more complex RPG.

LocalBoyZ

Member!
Reaction score
Nicholas The Slide said:
I think its time they thought of something a little different for the storyline,and something longer...because you can finish diablo (get through hell) in like an hour. maybe they could make it a longer game and a more complex RPG.
Yeah they should come up with something fresh and surprising. It's blizz, I'm sure they already have.

Tact

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.fusiongamers.com
Nicholas The Slide said:
I agree. I'd like it to be extremely long, along with actual RPG in-game storyline rather than just killing monsters. Even with it being horrible in-game storyline, the game itself is damn fun trying to build the "best" pvp build. I would like to see some improvements in the game though, storyline is crucial for a good game.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Diablo I had it, vbut for some reason it seems that Diablo II lacked it. I think it's because the geenral mechanics of Diablo I weren;t included in Diablo II. Mainly, the music. The quests. The feel. Despite what any of you say, Diablo I has *way8 better quests. And they actually mattered too.

Xacu

Reaction score
Storyline

And, if you make a clone, isn't a CLONE an EXACT COPY or something? Meaning, this CLONE could do whatever the original could do... So in all actuallity even IF I were discussing these as one possibility, the clone COULD clone himself as it would be able to do ANYTHING the original could.

If all of Baal's clones can clone themselves then he can create an army.
Imagine fighting an infinite army of Baal clones!

L

Laharl

I like all of those points he made; and they would probably make for a good Diablo III. Pity he's not working for Blizzard.