Store Guide

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Because the Store Hack has been temporarily removed, this no longer applies at the moment.

Introduction:
You see talk about these things called ''points'', or ''ct's, and name changes'' sometimes you might wonder what people mean when they say such terms, and you should. Why? Because, you, and every other member, has a chance to purchase such a modification to their BattleForums Account via a forum currency known as points. This thread will tell you everything you need to know about points, the store, what you can buy, costs, and any other information related.

Table of Contents:
1. What are points? How can I get them?
2. What can I use my points on?
3. The Store!
4. The Bank!
5. Misc. Information.

Note: For quick searching, press Alt+F and then copy+paste one of the Table of Content Headers (Such as the first one, ''What are Points? How can I get them?'' into the find field.) It will bring you to the place you want in a few clicks. ^_^

1. What are Points? How can I get them?
Points, or 'gil' (a different term for them, they both meet the end result as being the same currency) is a form of money that is recieved by each BattleForums Member when they post in a thread, create a thread, or when someone views a thread that they created. Points are money, and as such, take time to get for the average member. There are some guidelines to how many points you get per post, and the value is different depending where you post. They're displayed below:

Admin CP said:
Create Thread
Gaming Forums: 4 Gil
General Forums: 1 Gil

Views
As you can see, the Gaming Forums yield a much higher reward for everything then the normal forums. So those are the values you will be getting depending on where you post, make threads, and view threads. Remember: if another member or a guest views one of your threads, you will get points for each view as displayed above.

2. What can I use my points on?

Points can be used in a number of ways. For starters, they can but some nifty account modifications to add to your account. They can also be used to change your account name to something different, if you want to change it and have enough, you can change it! However, points are not only used in the Store, they're used in other ways as well! Below is a description of each purchasable effect in the Store, with prices included. ^_^

[GLOW=Red]Glowing Username[/GLOW]Type: Account modification.
Description: With this action, you can buy yourself a pretty glowing username that will appear on your posts. (NOTE: Glow is Internet Explorer only!)
Cost: 776.25 Points (Taxes added.)
Misc. Information: Works on Internet Explorer ONLY!
Picture: http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b347/doomkillwer/Store1.jpg

Italicized Username

Type: Account modification.
Description: This allows you to make your username appear in italics in your posts.
Cost: 468 Points (Taxes added.)
Misc. Information: Only appears on your posts. Does NOT appear on the moderating list, Who's Online list, nor 'Members viewing this thread' List.
Picture:

Aside from these options within the store, there are a couple of other options that are buyable via an Administrator. They do not function right in the Store, so they must be bought through an Administrator to gain the desired effect. The options are as follows:

Note: To donate points to an administrator, you must do the following:
Admin Process said:
Step 1: Switch to the SCGhost Skin.
Step 2: PM/IM the administrator, and tell them what you want. (Ct/Postbit or a Name Change) you specify the needed info, etc.
Step 3: Click on the Administrators Profile Page (While in SCGhost Skin) and find the area that says ''Donate'' near their postcount total. Click it, and donate the necessary amount to them.
Step 4: Confirm that you have donated, and they will do the changes you requested.
Custom Title/Posbit
Type: Custom Title modification.
Description: Unlike a normal title you can do in your UserCP, this Custom Title can be outfitted with color, italics, and/or bold to enhance it further then it's normal look! You can also add Color/italics/bold to your postbit area!
Misc. Information: When buying this, be very clear on what you want your title to say, and any other changes you want made to it, such as italics, color, or bold. To get a Custom Posbit, simply tell the administrator that you want a Custom Title + Posbit, and the color of your CT, along with any italics or bold, will be applied over your Join Date, Posts, and Location Areas!

Also, you can use a small image instead of a custom title as your title. Some members use this to better express themselves, or to look fancy. And it works! Simply get the image you want as your custom title, and show it to an administrator, tell them you want an Image Custom Title, and they will apply it in the place of your custom title! Pictures of all Custom Titles below:

Custom Title:

Postbit:

Image Title:

For short: Custom Titles are often referred to as CT's.

Name Change
Type: Username modification.
Description: Change your current username to a different username as long as it's not taken already and is within the forum rules. Any name that isn't prohibited by both of those is okay to choose.
Cost: 500 Points (No Taxes.)
Misc. Information: If you want to change your username back, and it's been a week or so, it can be arranged for free. But if it's been awhile, you will need to pay for another name change to change it back to what you wanted it, or to something else.

3. The Store!
The store is where most point-related activities and transactions take place. Within the Store, you can find out your overall history (records all the times you donated, you deposited, withdrew money, any store purchases, etc), you can see the Richest Users page, which displays the users with the most points in their pocket. Points in your bank are not displayed there, and don't get counted.You can also view which store items have been used/sold most. ^.^

Then, within the Store, there is also the Actions area, where you buy the Store options listed above. As well as the Bank, which I will explain shortly.

4. The Bank!
Where do you shove your points when you don't want them in your pocket? The Bank, of course! Located within the Store, the Bank performs a number of key functions for someone who is looking to save up points and buy something. The bank has a 2% interest rate over each day or so. when you put money in the bank, 2% of that money is added to it. So the larger the amount in the bank, the more interest you will receive each day or so. =D

However, points in the bank do not show up on the Richest Users List, nor in your pocket. Some people may look poor, but if all their cash is in the Bank, you can't really tell. Storing points in the Bank also allows you to get more money from interest. Slowly but surely, you will get more.

Important Note: When Withdraw/Depositing points, after you do it and it takes you back to the main bank page, you will see that you are missing points. Or that you didn't lose any from deposit ting, nor got anything in the bank from that deposit. The Store requires you to refresh the main page after each deposit/withdraw to show the correct amounts of points in your pocket and in your bank. So, after you do either of those, and the main bank page loads, refresh it and you can be on your way from there.

5. Misc. Information
As the store changes, and information about it changes, I will update this thread. So far, this thread covers just about everything there is to know about the store, what you can buy with points, the basics, and everything else most people would ask about the subject altogether. If anyone has anything they'd like to see added to this little guide, you can PM/IM me with what it is and if it fits in here, I will add it and give you credit! ^_~

I hope this guide helps you guys! :)

-Darkmatter

Sly

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Very nice thread, DM. This should help a lot of people out.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
Where do I get to the bank?

bbags

Member!
Reaction score
where it says store yea up there ^ :doped

Gimmi

Eric
Reaction score
Thanks, I was jsut wonderign what the interest was
<33 Mr. DM
btw it snowed today
;)

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I'm not 100% sure on interest, so sometime later today, once I can get ahold of RoaCh, I'll find out the exact % and the time length between each add of interest, if it shows it. :)

L

Laharl

You can also get points for shooting small furry animals, and Rothe. Bring their bodies to me and prove your efficiency. [/sarcasm].

Nice post, DM.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
XxSworn_EnemyxX said:
Something else you can do is add all the Mods in for those who do not know who they are. Besides that nice job DM.
Ahh, like AAdmin usernames and stuff so that people have a better sense of direction? Or? ^.^;;

Thanks guys. RoaCh couldn't find the interest area in the admin cp forthe bank, but he's still looking. :)

L

Laharl

You need to log in, now? I went inactive a while back and got a lot of interest. It put me up past 1.5k points... Then it was reset. Tragic.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Unstick + void this, as it holds no relevance anymore.