Starting Out

CleanPlay

Reaction score
I just got the game today, and am currently installing it. Looking for someone to help start me out, and also help me pick which char/server to play on. Also looking for someotme to play with too. Just post here for now, thanks a ton.

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
well, you can help us make a guild by joining us on the skullcrusher server. if you want easy, play a paladin.

CleanPlay

Reaction score
I could care less about easy, i care more about fun/ownage - recommendations?

Also, is skullcrusher the most popular server?

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
well, most of us here play on skullcrusher and it's high population. i dont really know about fun.. but paladins do own.. but not for long. ;) just play anything!

HellThrone

Member!
Reaction score
paladins do own. I'm personally an all out horde player and I completely hate going 1v1 against them because the instant they get out of my range for my bow and up close, i get a run for my money. ( I'm a hunter )

HellThrone

Member!
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it is. PvP servers are fun, nomatter how risky you may think they are as a noob player.. in the long run it pays off, trust me

CleanPlay

Reaction score
I think I would rather play on a PvM server...any recommendations for chars there? And, what are the advantages for PvP over PvM

HellThrone

Member!
Reaction score
its more fun man.. its awsome getting the rush when an enemy person who's stronger than you runs past and you think "is he ganna hit me..?" then he doesnt. Also if you get pissed off or something, go to an area with guys maybe 5-10 levels below you and go own them and let out some anger.

CleanPlay

Reaction score
Hmmm, is there still a lot of PvM going on? Or is it just almost purely PvP?

HellThrone

Member!
Reaction score
oh no theres a lot of both.. i just perfer going pvp because its more of a rush and challenge.

CleanPlay

Reaction score
Alright thanks a lot, guess i'll be a paly on skull then!

I'm in right now, and have NO idea what to do or what I am doing. Anyone wanna give a noob some help? :)

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
it's not hard to pick up and learn.. just dont double post :) use edit button.

HellThrone

Member!
Reaction score
sorry that there's no tutorial, It's pretty user friendly.. just click around and you should figure out the controls in a matter of minutes.

CleanPlay

Reaction score
I was told there were trade posts, aka marketplace, where are these?

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
uh look around for merchants.. then right click on them to see what they have to sell.

I_Robbie

Member!
Reaction score
Website
l33tsk83rs.vze.com
CleanPlay said:
I was told there were trade posts, aka marketplace, where are these?
There is a place in IF where you can buy and sell items much like you would on Ebay if that is what you mean...

HellThrone

Member!
Reaction score
you can tell they're merchants by putting your mouse over them and it'll make a little bag, if the bag is golden, it means you're in range and you can right click and do some buisness, open up your bags and right click items you want to sell if you wish.