Starspoof

Zera

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
is starspoof illegal or bad to use? i just want to know because if it isnt, il use one. however, im not gonna use it to just mess with someone's account. i just want to make one custom name. thats all. but i want to know why people hate it, or if it is stupid

KING OF ZEALOTS

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.battle.net
this is funny lol HAHAHA i spoof wit starhack all the time i also tell pplz i use it they say...
"koo i guess"...
and thats all

The Ranger

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
While I can see the amusement value in what you're saying, I recommend strongly against telling people you're using any kind of hack program. One screenshot sent to Blizzard and you can be CD-Key banned.

On the other hand, Blizz generally tends to be too lazy to deal with cheaters, so you're probably safe. I wouldn't do it, though.

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
they don't bane people for ss.
1. It could be a fake ss, with ps I could easillyput text in the bottom of a screen.
2.If it is a spoof how are they going to know your real sn?

Zera

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ok, fine, i wont get a name with starspoof then........all i wanted was a custom name anyway...... :( how do you get custom names, anyway?

I

im_known_as_master

First of all They dont need to know your real sn they have your account # they can and might ban you and your account.

Apple

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.4pp13.tk
dude... 1 screenshot = nothing. they wont know who you are if ur name is spoofed. maybe a replay but i really doubt they care about hacks on a dying game. Look at the ladder for example...

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Originally posted by Zera
by custom name, i mean you could have stuff such as " ( {(*&^$#@ and all that good stuff in your name.
You could do it on battle.net a few years ago. For some reason battle.net dedcided to quit doing this. However they didn't delete the accounts that already used them.

icy2050

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by The Ranger
While I can see the amusement value in what you're saying, I recommend strongly against telling people you're using any kind of hack program. One screenshot sent to Blizzard and you can be CD-Key banned.

On the other hand, Blizz generally tends to be too lazy to deal with cheaters, so you're probably safe. I wouldn't do it, though.
so, wut ur sayin is that when they send a screen shot that looks like this:

<My spoofed name>: Im using a spoofing program
<Some gay little kid>: Im reporting you!!

Im gonna get caught how?

Crazy Demon

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by ShadowTassadar
yea i use.Its mad cool. I usallly change my name to ShadowTassadar.
Even though this off topic, Shawdow Tassadar, please change your avatar. The moment I saw it I though you were Aka-47, one of the greatest Starcraft players on Battleforums. So, please, do change it and get an orginal avartar:).

M

Mav3rickX

Originally posted by icy2050
so, wut ur sayin is that when they send a screen shot that looks like this:

<My spoofed name>: Im using a spoofing program
<Some gay little kid>: Im reporting you!!

Im gonna get caught how?
If bnet's to damned lazy to even ban people using hacks and such, who says they care about spoofers? And Starspoof is oooold, get Overflow's so much better.

Magikarp

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
There is always one definite method to tell if someone is spoofing. Your hosting a map, and a person named "&&&" joins. Your pretty sure its a spoof, so you type this:

/Whereis &&&

&&& Is Not Logged On.

Although it doesnt happen all that frequently, if you know the real name of the spoofer (ie, maybe he joined last game), you just need to type /Whereis [RealName]. Wham bam, thank you ma'am, he's caught.

Of course, like you guys have said, if you dont know his real name, its pointless.

Zera: by custom name, i mean you could have stuff such as " ( {(*&^$#@ and all that good stuff in your name.
Thats called an "Illy." Its a name with any illegal character, but still exists in the B.net registry.. or whatever. People really dont care if you join a game with one, as most people know about the /Whereis thing.

H

hackencraft

ALL HACKING ON BATTLE.NET IS ILLIGAL. If you are cought your cd key will be banned from battle.net