Starfox for the SNES.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Easy path was dumb on N64 version. Bolse was a gay mission and Venom all you need was bombs and watch the points fly :D.

Pains said:
wait.. now i have a question-
i dont ever remember getting past this one planet with more than 5%health:
Sounds like Area 6 or Solar.

Tip: Don't do Solar when your men are at low health. The path thru Fortuna is not a good idea for this one.

As for your SNES question, I have the rom I will play the game and give you my feedback.

Pains Requiem

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yeah.. a hole in the ground and a cloud of enemies would appear. another thing, did your charging laser, was it AOE or did it just hit that one enemy?

ChrisH36

Reaction score
It was AOE, if you killed more than one unit in it, you got bonus points. Hit +7s give you comments from your teammates. If you don't lock on and teh explosion kills units. You get a bonus +1 for it. Using this tactic in Expert, I once got 504 in Area 6.

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i dont remember any planets names, really, just sector y, sector Z, venom, corneria, titania (this mission was fun as hell) and .. uh. those are the only names i remember, but i remember most of the levels.. what was area 6?

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Area 6, Andross' Defense Outpost.

In this scenario, you can reach it by:

A- Saving the Great Fox from the missiles
B- Blowing up the Train via 8 switches and wiping out weapons factory

This scenario is the hard path in N64 and by far the most difficult level in the game. You will need bombs, hyper lasers and l33t maneuvering skills. You will face fighters, homing missiles, cruisers, battleships, refueling stations, a whole minefield, loads of lasers, and copperhead missiles. Difficult savings from your teammates will add on and annoying taunts from Andross, and his two annoying Generals.

Peppy - Chased by homing missiles
Slippy - Near the end, chased by a butterfly bot, (medal risk)
Falco - chases after a ship near Station section before crusiers

The medal here is 300, but people can get 400 or even 500 from this secario. On hard, you really need to watch your ass and your teammates when playing this scenario.

The boss is not really hard if you dont suck and have tons of barrel rolling. The Planet Killer laser can be deadly. You will need Hyper Lasers if you want hit +10 friom Gorgon

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
oh, that mission was the best! wish i could say more riht now but my pizza just got here....you didnt need that good maneuvering skills to pass that mission with a good goal. it was a little hard but still pretty easy and fun. just keep tapping the R buttons and barreling

ChrisH36

Reaction score
That was by far my favorite mission in the whole entire game. If slippy wasn't a complete idiot.

Pains said:
you didnt need that good maneuvering skills to pass that mission with a good goal.
Did you play the game on expert?

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yes. i have done all the levels on all the difficulties. i just tapped R constantly to barrel and deflect their lasers

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Which is a strategy some people haven't gotten used to.

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Even during the submarine mission i would tap R like a madman..
the water mission had a ton of stuff shooting at you at a time.i would tap R, B, ad A like a madman.
wasnt B your torpedos? the ones that lighted up the area a bit?

Shadow1psc2k

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
If you liked the N64 StarFox, the new GCN one stays true to it, but with a little more ground missions than i woulda liked. Still an insanely fun, and hard game, with lots otf replayability (damn you gold medals!)

♥The Shadow♥

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Darkmatter said:
I still haven't. I forgot you could do that, argh. Now all I have to do is avoid obstacles and maybe the levels will be a little easier.
Dm, how could you forget to barrel roll? that was one of the first things i learned, especially after fighting starwolf and his gang..
then i had to learn how to somersault.
But barreling comes naturally to me in any level, except if im in the tank.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Pains Requiem said:
Even during the submarine mission i would tap R like a madman..
the water mission had a ton of stuff shooting at you at a time.i would tap R, B, ad A like a madman.
wasnt B your torpedos? the ones that lighted up the area a bit?
In the middile where the squids start swarming, you better hope how to barrel roll like a mad man. Yes B was your torpedos and they could lockon and give bonus points. However, the brightness of your tv determines if you need to fire silly torpedos to help you see.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Pains Requiem said:
Dm, how could you forget to barrel roll? that was one of the first things i learned, especially after fighting starwolf and his gang..
then i had to learn how to somersault.
But barreling comes naturally to me in any level, except if im in the tank.
Wait wait, I'm talking about the SNES StarFox. I forgot how to barrel roll, but who are these starwolf characters you speak of? I assume they're from the N64 Version, am I right? Sorry for any misunderstanding, Pains Requiem! :)

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
wait.. you've never played the N64 version?
me and Hellwolf have been talking about them and this whole time i thought you were adding into the N64 version conversation.

DAMN IT

like in the RP thread, where people put (OOC or BOT), lets start puting (n64) or (SNES) when talking. i know the thread is Starfox SNES but me and hellwolf talk about both.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Both games still had crazy platform dodging and ships to blast. Just that N64 had a more annoying slippy.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Bah. Your allies always got in your line of fire, then you ended up getting blasted since your fire was hitting them for no damage while the enemies fire hits you for plenty. As an update, I'm almost done beating the hard course for the SNES, but it's proving to be very hard. Especially the second to last boss. (That weird spaceship that keeps kicking my ass.) I haven't beaten it yet, as if Macbeth was hard enough. Sigh.