Starfox for the SNES.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I know most of you individuals here have put your hands on that shiny, awesome cartridge and shoved it in your SNES like a madman on crack ready for sniffing. I know you guys who have played the awesomeness that is Starfox can say it rocked. Well, I'll tell you why I love it so much, it's actually quite simple. Back when I was a kid, this game used to be my thing to do. I would spend hours beating it over and over again, just to prove I beat it. See, before I actually beat it, Andross always kicked my ass at the end and none of m family members could beat him. (My Dad, Uncle, Cousin, and Nephew all played the game too. Sahdow1psc2k might have played it with me back then as well, I can' recall) well, I finally beat him, and I felt so good I kept doing it. I never did get into that black hole though, does anyone remember how to do that?

Discuss.

Shadow1psc2k

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I remember back in the day playing that, and that Terminator 2 arcade shooter! Those were the good ol' days... I still have Starfox! mwahahaha!
There were 2 blackholes if I remember correctly, one led to a shortcut through medium path, the other led to the secret dimension, where you fought the giant slot machine at the end. I think I've done both at your house, it requires blowing up a special rock in the 2nd stage of medium/hard path, and you need dual plasma cannons I'm pretty sure.

♥The Shadow♥

Pains Requiem

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I used to beat the game on the easy route, going to the right. simple enough, and then i would fight Andross, with his shiny blocked face and shoot his eyes out, and he would explode. ok. i win. or so i thought.

Then i started to be a bit more daring in choosing harder missions, and i FINALLY got to Andross on hard, and not only did you have to shoot his eyes out, they also made you shoot a floating box of him, if i remember correctly. I think on the Easy version his face would break and let you shoot his box form, and then remerge with the face?
And on hard you had to fight his box 1v1? dont remember exactly.
Anyway.. i think the mission i hated the most was this planet that, i think was a tealish color, that had this boss that would flash a message across his robotic body and say something like "time to die fox" or something, and it looked like you were flying down this hallway. hated AND leved that level because it was part aquatic.

Most people say the original game is better in basically any game situation, but i have to say Starfoox64 was the better of the 2. the tank missions ruled.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I beat Missin 2 first. I'm mot familiar with the setup that gores Corneria > Asteroid Field > Space Armada > Battlefield Meteor > Venom. It was pretty hard at first (I'm talking about both my emulator I use these days and back when I was a kid.) and then the one on the top, Mission 1, was actually pretty easy. I have a good feeling the bottom one is the hardest one, since it has those damn crazy levels with the moving pillars and whatnot.

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Shadow1psc2k said:
I remember back in the day playing that, and that Terminator 2 arcade shooter! Those were the good ol' days... I still have Starfox! mwahahaha!
There were 2 blackholes if I remember correctly, one led to a shortcut through medium path, the other led to the secret dimension, where you fought the giant slot machine at the end. I think I've done both at your house, it requires blowing up a special rock in the 2nd stage of medium/hard path, and you need dual plasma cannons I'm pretty sure.

♥The Shadow♥
I never made it into a black hole.. but what is the secret dimension?
and.. what giant slot machine? im curious

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I looked into it but couldn't do it. Shadow1psc2k is a much more avid Starfox person them I am, so he could probably tell us how to actually do it. I do remember it had somthing to do with getting mini-Andross heads when you kill certain enemies or do certain things, though. Or they have something to do with getting a secret. It's been so long.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
I beat teh game down Path 3 (The Hardest path). It wasn't that hard, except near the middle of the game!

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The first missions are never hard, but when it comes to the middle, everything just seems a bit more tense. but the bossfights are never really hard, just tricky, and your stupidit makes it hard.
Remember fighting Andross on the N64 where you had to fight his brain? took me a while to beat that, though. All you had to do was shoot at a bulging part of his underside without getting caught in his tentacles. that pissed me off a lot.
then fying out of the tunnel wasnt hard, but i wat to know this:

When James appears and leads you out of the tunnel, you have to follow him, but how come you have to hit boost at least 10 times to keep up with him and he still stays way ahead of you, even when he has no visible signs of thrusting forward, but just keeps on going? and how the hell does he just so happen to know the way out?

ChrisH36

Reaction score
The Brain is easy, just don't let it catch you with its tentacles. Or its BYE BYE WING(S). Make hard circle turns and use ur Hyper Lasers on the mushy underpart. If you kill it, you should get 227 at the end (once got 234 but I am not revealing that secret :p)!

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i got a huge score one time, but i forgot how i got it. i started on easy, did the warp thing to the planet that had the pyramid, went through that route, then made the jump to hard and played from there, or something.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Path for Most Points:

Corneria (kill Carrier, save Falco to do this), Meteo (Hit Warp), Katina (any outcome), Sector X (destroy robot, you dont have to warp), Macbeth (blow up train via switches), Area 6 (survive the onslaught), Venom (kill all Star Wolf yourself and before Hit +50 changes).

My favorite Path:
Corneria (kill Carrier), Sector Y(100 kills), Aquas (defeat Bioweapon), Zoness (kill sub, and destroy searchlights without being detected), Sector Z(all missiles must be destroyed BY YOU! For higher chance of getting medal, warp here from Sector X if you don't want Katt to piss you off), Area 6 (obvious), Venom (obvious).

This path goes thru ALL hard levels!!! Try this in expert if you dare...

The most annoying medal to get is Zoness --> Sector Z. Katt or one of the guys may end up blasting the missile.

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Destroying all missles by myself..
i always rely on Kat or Bill to destroy at least 1.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
If Kat or Bill destroy one, you don't get Hit +10 from them, it will jeopardize how you get teh medal. Unless you get 50 kills off the ships and debris.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Hellwolf_36 said:
I beat teh game down Path 3 (The Hardest path). It wasn't that hard, except near the middle of the game!
...All the moving Pillars on Sector Z, or Y, or whichever one they have on the third world path. I'm starting it tomorrow too, so I'll confirm which one it is unless someone else does. Wish me luck.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I'm not going to lie, I never actualy beat this game, cause at that point in my life I never had the game nor rented it. several years after when I wanted to get it I couldn't find a copy.

Though when I did play it I really did Like,. However the 64 version was amazing. Gamecube folded

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I may have rented one for the amecube, but it was more of a Action-Adventure moreso then the Space-shooter Starfox I've come to love. I'll have to download the N64 Versuion onto my Emulator, because it's the only one I haven't played yet besides the newest addition for Gamecube.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Darkmatter said:
...All the moving Pillars on Sector Z, or Y, or whichever one they have on the third world path. I'm starting it tomorrow too, so I'll confirm which one it is unless someone else does. Wish me luck.
Good luck! :p. Just be always on the move and don't let your wings get smashed.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Common sense right there. I'm more worried about rotating, moving pillars and the like. Those are what really mess me up as far as getting closer to dying goes.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
As I said earlier, stay on the move and don't stop moving unless you need to squeeze through. If you survive all wings attached and lazers ok. Then you should have no problem with boss.

Pains said:
When James appears and leads you out of the tunnel, you have to follow him, but how come you have to hit boost at least 10 times to keep up with him and he still stays way ahead of you, even when he has no visible signs of thrusting forward, but just keeps on going? and how the hell does he just so happen to know the way out?
That was easy to see, if you see fire increase in side behind James, he is boosting ahead. They made him faster to avoid going too slow or going too far ahead and missing a proper turn.

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
which level of which game? you mean Venom on the easy path of the 64 version?
they nver really bothered me that much, just when you fight the giant golem thingy.. they just popped out of the walls..

but any moving pillar on the SNES version would always piss me off because your Rwing isnt as maneauverable in that one. any pillar i saw, and i was like "oh shit" and i would even try to shoot at it..

wait.. now i have a question-
i dont ever remember getting past this one planet with more than 5%health:

you guys remember the level where your out in open space, on either the hard or medium path, and these bubble things would cover your ship, preventing you from shooting? how were you supposed to dodge those, or even get rid of them quicker? those were my most hated enemies..