StarCraft's future finally over?

With the 'morph hack', is StarCraft's future finally over?

• Total voters

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
Starcraft.org said:
Any seasoned StarCraft player will be fully aware of the typical hacks that other players might use to compensate for their own lack of playing ability; namely, Map Hack and Stack Hack. These have been the source of great annoyance and unfairness to those who just want a legitimate game, but they pale in comparison to another, much worst hack.

Introducing what I'm going to refer to as the "Morph Hack".

In order to demonstrate the capacity of this hack, I will refer you to this replay download.

Watch the blue Protoss player, DeathKnight2004. Here's a list of things to watch out for:
3:00 - DeathKnight2004 pulls all Probes off mining and sends them to center.
3:30 - The first Probe mutates into a Mutalisk.
3:35 - Another Probe morphs into a Mutalisk. Notice that when the morphing is complete, DeathKnight2004 gains 200 minerals!
5:41 - Probes sent to DeathKnight2004's choke point.
6:00 - These Probes mutate into Extractors!
9:00 - An attack on blue destroys the Extractors, which leaves Depleted Vespene Geysers blocking blue's choke!
13:00 - Notice that blue uses the famed Stack Hack to make a cluster of Photon Cannons near his choke.
16:00 - Notice that DeathKnight2004's unit count only registers 20/80, which is counting his Protoss Probes - the Mutalisks aren't being counted (I'm assuming because blue had no Zerg buildings / Overlords, hence the null limit).

So there you go. That's everything I could see from the replay - drop me a line if I missed anything.

This is absolutely disgraceful, and I'm concerned that if this hack becomes mainstream we could see the StarCraft battle.net community reduced to something resembling that of the Diablo 1 community. This post was made for community awareness, as well as to try to nudge Blizzard into attempting to disable this sort of abuse.
Is the future of StarCraft coming to an end with this 'morph hack'?

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Blizzard'll eventually patch it. An hack like that isn't easy to do, and if they fix it it gets even harder.

StarCraft'll never die. It is already a legend :)

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
It will end for USWest and USeast, not Asia or Europe.

TF-Tube

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
anyone ever think that this map is in UMS (use map settings) mode? well maybe it is but SC isnt installed right now and I can't watch the replay so ya..

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
TF-Tube said:
anyone ever think that this map is in UMS (use map settings) mode? well maybe it is but SC isnt installed right now and I can't watch the replay so ya..
erm no .

PauseBreak

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Starcraft is already dead.
Ghost is more dead.
Blizzard will patch it.
I'm suprised this hasn't been done sooner.
Why be worried? We have a SC hacking section. We obviously support hacks here. This isn't too far off from hacking/different from HolyDive.
This is old news.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Cappy said:
Ghost is more dead.
Blizzard will patch it.
Why be worried? We have a SC hacking section. We obviously support hacks here. This isn't too far off from hacking/different from HolyDive.
This is old news.
Lmao, then how come I see new rooms being updated everytime I click Join button on bnet? Thanks for trying out.

TF-Tube

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
NtRik_ said:
wow ok sorry i just installed sc and i see the map on MELEE.. omghax. Well I think that the hack is pretty neat but still it gotta be patched.

Oh and SC is not dead, if you look, you would see there's like... people playing and games going...

MC90

Member!
Reaction score
Cappy said:
Ghost is more dead.
Blizzard will patch it.
This is old news.
Say that to the Asians here. I come over to a PC room( Computer Cafe with games) and i see everyone. Litterarly all the seats(50) playing starcraft, and some playing a korean game called Kart. If you call this dead, I call my self OJ Simpsons murdered wife.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Fine. For those of asian nationality, those who play til they drop dead of fatigue and brain damage, it's not dead. For the ever changing american teenager using what money he has to buy new games and move on, it is dead.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Darkmatter said:
Fine. For those of asian nationality, those who play til they drop dead of fatigue and brain damage, it's not dead. For the ever changing american teenager using what money he has to buy new games and move on, it is dead.
Games are waste of money mind you, gogo warez sites lol

morph hack's patched, gg hackers.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I want SC to die. It's been lingering on with a gimpy leg and a sore arm for too long. Let it die and bring Ghost out, then SC2!

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Well, I watched the replay before downloading the new patch, and it was bloody sad. I've watched it after the patch, and it didn't work. Seems Blizzard did it again :)

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
TrongaMonga said:
Well, I watched the replay before downloading the new patch, and it was bloody sad. I've watched it after the patch, and it didn't work. Seems Blizzard did it again :)
gogogo second anti hack patch
its gonna be alive for abit longer

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Lwek said:
Is the future of StarCraft coming to an end with this 'morph hack'?
Blizzard hasn't disapointed us so far about this sort of things.
Anyways I think Starcraft will die in the day that Starcraft 2 will be released.

AZN_FLEA

Reaction score
starcraft will never die!! starcraft is god

H

Hybid22

8 years later and the game is still going strong. People are actively posting on sites like this and most of the time you can find a decent game on the bnet servers. hacks and map hacks and all that other gay shit have always been around, now the major headache is to be accused of hacking when your winning. people have found a way not to lose in their mind by accusing others of hacking and i hate it. i hate the stupid map hacks and that stuff too, i just played someone who did something similar to this "morph" hack and i was pissed. Why play if your going to do gay shit with map hacks?

I get pissed easily i know but its how i feel...

My next question is why cant i play multiplayer games in sc? i can play wow and wc3(host even) without a problem but now sc does not want to work for me. any suggestions would be appreciated

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
Darkmatter said:
BS. StarCraft if the only decent game around.

TheoStormhawk said:
Anyways I think Starcraft will die in the day that Starcraft 2 will be released.
Quoted for truth.