StarCraft Patch 1.12 (official)

Sakuhta

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Pan, for finding this first.

It's finally official, StarCraft patch 1.12 is in the making, and it adds all the features that after playing Warcraft III, I was saying, "Why doesn't StarCraft have this?!"

Blizzard said:
We have been working on a new patch for StarCraft, and it includes a host of new features to streamline and enhance multiplayer competition. You can expect the update to be available for download in the next few weeks, but we wanted to give you a taste of what’s in store for you when the patch does arrive.
  • The multiplayer chat screen will now show a preview of the map you will play on.
  • The creator of a private Battle.net game can now make the game public under the creator’s name in the multiplayer chat screen.
  • A Friends List will be added to the game to keep track of your friends on Battle.net.
  • Friend mail will be added to the game to let you email members of your Friends List.
  • A password-recovery and email-registration function will be added to allow you to recover your password via email.
  • A minimap ping will be added to the game to allow you to ping a location on the map.
  • It will now be easier to set building rally points.
  • We will include updated versions of three of the most popular ladder maps – Lost Temple, Dire Straits, and Rivalry – in order to better suit the newer style of ladder play.
I'm hoping the, "It will now be easier to set building rally points." will be the right click function. :) always wondering why we didn't have that.

SilverIsaac

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
OMG.....
i cannnot believe they are srious about it, i have dream about that for YEARS
finally....finally....*dies of heartattack*

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
A Friends List will be added to the game to keep track of your friends on Battle.net.
again i will ask, dont we already have this feature?

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Yes, we do, but it will be probably be physical, as in, there'll probably be a button somewhere that'll lead you into a new page, or so. Like when you click in your profile.

stealthey

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
I would like to say something about the first post: It hasnt been released yet, just announced that it has been started.

Sakuhta

Reaction score
stealthey said:
I would like to say something about the first post: It hasnt been released yet, just announced that it has been started.
That's all the post meant, perhaps you misread it.

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
Right clicking to set building rally points isn't much faster.
It just eliminates your other hand from pressing the 'r' key.
What I was thinking was that you can set the rally point on the minimap or you can select more than one building...:ufo

Sakuhta

Reaction score
The right clicking would be much faster... id rather click right click and be done, takes atleast a hole second out from pressing an extra button, but yes the minimap and selecting multiple buildings are all available in Warcraft III.... and since it seems that's the way they're trying to go, maybe they will.

Lights

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
A whole second? If you know you are going to set a rally, it only takes like.. HALF a second! IDIOT! :p Seriously though, the rally isn't that big a deal. I'de rather see selecting multiple buildings and such..

Ah well, I'de rather see 'em work on a SC2, but I'll take what I can get..

SilverIsaac

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
wouldnt the ability to select multiple buildings sorta upset the game mechanics?
i think theyre still trying to make SC as close as to the original

Biske

Reaction score
Woah....the asians were right....oh great psychic lords! Take pity on our un-trusting souls!

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Master_America said:
Must... find........ Starcraft CD-key.... UGH! I may have to sacrifice gas money for a new copy of the game.

When was this update expected to be released?
a few weeks

Sakuhta

Reaction score
Master_America said:
Must... find........ Starcraft CD-key.... UGH! I may have to sacrifice gas money for a new copy of the game.

When was this update expected to be released?
I have 3 if your just crying for one :D

PauseBreak

Reaction score
Its just another patch with more bells and whistles.

But this might be a little bigger?

A special image for this? Interesting.

And lookie>

New Jobs at Blizzard Entertainment!
Blizzard is growing and we have more openings than ever before! Check out these new positions: Audio Manager, International In-Game Support Lead, Senior Tools Programmer, Public Relations Assistant, Quality Assurance Assistant Manager, Compatibility Assistant Manager, Senior Server Programmer, Network Operations Manager, Senior Graphics Programmer, Web Designer, Game Programmer, Oracle Database Administrator, Account Services Representative, Foreign Language Game Tester, Game Master.

Pretty cool! :dance

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
yea well if their release of this patch is anything like their release of everything else starcraft-related, you may as well just pack up for the long haul.. i wouldn't get my hopes up on this coming out before december, that way i wont be disappointed when thats how long it takes :hop