- - StarCraft InterneT SharinG - -

mundi

Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
I currently have 3 computer on a LAN with starcraft using 56k internet that is shared between the computers. They contain there own valid battle.net cd-keys and have been installed correctly.

What i want to know is why is it that when i host or join a game on battle.net that the poeple on the other computers using the internet through the LAN cant join games but can join games i join, the only thing is when we are in the same game it is 90 % lag and impossible to game in. I belive its something to do with IP's

My net is 56k and does me fine, for me and others can all be on the net in games and its perfect but only when joining the same game and so on it screws up.

Can someone please help on how to change it so i can allow the computers on the LAN to join the same games as one another.

List help, programes and anything you might know to help this please.

KillerMe

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.alm.web1000.com
I didn't know you could share a 56k connection, but I guess you can. Anyway, when you go on b.net, it only allows 1 computer on the network on at a time without an extreme lag. Sorry, it's such an old game I guess they didn't even consider it.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Would sharing a 56k add to the lag? It's bad enough with just using one 56k on one computer. And i would know ;)

Magikarp

Reaction score
Yea, sharing 56k via Lan is not a very good idea if you want multiple people to be using it at once. A good way to think of it is like this: if two people are using your 56k connection, half of the bandwidth will go to one computer, and the other half will go to the other computer. Divide 56/2, which is equal to 28. This isn't totally accurate, but, in essence, when two people are using the same 56k connection, each user really has a 28k connection.

Also, are you using an Ethernet card?

phreakerhaxxor

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
it has something to do with internet security, such as a firewall, my friend had the same exact problem, it said latency between u and the creator is too high, gl with ur problem

Sakuhta

Reaction score
It's just routers man, you can't do it.

mundi

Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Hmm, well thanks for helping in a way. You see the thing is i have had 3 computers on a 5k connection before and we all gamed using starcraft online without any lag. We just couldnt join each others games or theres mega lag and latency problems.

I have looked at my fire wall (Norton Internet Sercuirity) and it dosent seem to be preventing anything. A newer problem has occured also, Now only 2 people can be on starcraft at a time now even though we all have different cd-keys. If i log on and my brother logs on whoever the third person is trying to log on says there cd-key is in use,. The cd-keys we use are all authentic and proper and are not installed on the same computers.

So i wonder why is there a conflict going on somewhere that makes it think that one of us is using someone's cd-key. Anyways i hope some more people post and this can be fixed. ( i swear for 56k my internet is doing wonders, it downloads at 8kbs and is so nice)

M

mitchflossin

it's not the 56k connection, sure that will be slow but that isn't the issue. i was recently having a problem with trying to play starcraft when my brother was on war 3. it would always make me go 5 red. i used port forwarding on war 3 to stop that problem. then the next problem is when we both tried to play starcraft whoever logged in first got the 5 red. i used port forwarding on one of the comps so now we can both join separate games, but when we join the same games we lag out. i know this doesn't help much, but the 56k issue isn't why you can't connect.