STARCRAFT II

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
I don't think SC2 will req more than 512 MB of RAM, its size may be up to 2 GB, free space: at least 1 GB to run properly. I have 1 GB RAM so doesn't matter for me hahaha.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
I think the trailers and the announcements look promising.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
The only thing I kinda find imbalanced is that Protoss Mothership. It has to have some weaknesses, considering the fact it vaporizes ground forces under it and turns air units into a singluarity.

Ntrik said:
how od u know ur comp can run it?? they havent announced the spec requirements for this game yet.. :eek:

and i think its the reapers, or something that has the shields, not the marine ( the new marines that can fly)
It's called common sense and the pattern specs with recent games.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
The only thing I kinda find imbalanced is that Protoss Mothership. It has to have some weaknesses, considering the fact it vaporizes ground forces under it and turns air units into a singluarity.

It's called common sense and the pattern specs with recent games.
mother ship does have weaknesses, it looked uber strong in the demo because they kept recharging the shield everytime it casted a spell (I think every time it casts its spells, its shield goes to zero)

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
They said normally, it would have been dead.

T

Terek

True, and besides, i'm quite sure both Terran and Zerg will have similar units, and we have only seen protoss units anyway

KCspdracer

Member!
Reaction score
re

I thought they were going to add a new race to the game?

Oh well. I am very glad to hear that SC2 is official. If they have the game engine going. I would say they're doing some fine tuning to it. But I would look for a realease date of either later this year or early next year.

Judging by the vids the game is going to look great. It will probably be somwhat power hungry but a mid range pc should still be able to handle it I think. I dont think they will make it like Supreme Commander.

shrimpshark

Member!
Reaction score
omfg i came all the way back to nub battleforums to say this:

i hope they don't make SC2 cartoonish like WC3.
bacicly same sadly enough i figured i had to come by battleforums since sc2 is FINALY comming out theres only been a freakin forum bout it here for like years

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
mother ship does have weaknesses, it looked uber strong in the demo because they kept recharging the shield everytime it casted a spell (I think every time it casts its spells, its shield goes to zero)
No, there were 3 meters on the HUD for the Mothership: Energy, HP, and Shields. The reason the shields kept going down when the spells were cast is because it opens up the mothership to attack and the shields were getting pounded by enemy forces.

Also, if you notice the animation, the shield on the top of the Mothership goes down whenever it does its Planet Cracker, and the narrator says "normally this would open your Mothership up to enemy attack." I think that when the Planet Cracker is in effect devastating ground forces, anything in the air can get past her shields and do direct damage to her HP.

Not sure if this applies similarly to Black Hole, where it only affects air units and probably exposes you to significant damage from ground units.

Also one thing I noticed was that when you activate Time Bomb, the missiles passing through it don't stop until they get close to the center. As long as whatever's being protected by the Time Bomb stays in the center, it's safe from those missiles, but the instant the Mothership moved through the bubble to approach another of the Missile Turrets, it started getting hit by the extremely slowed missiles that were just managing to get through the field to her.

Each of the abilities has a weakness to it, and the Mothership itself may be tough...but you'd expect that of a ship that you can only have one of, and that costs so damn much. If the Mothership was too weak and easily dealt with, it'd be a pointless unit because nobody would bother to spend the resources to get it out.