STARCRAFT II

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Anybody know the requirements to run this game?

I might beed to buy my core 2 duo :O

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
Damnnnnnnn. I wish it would come out sooner. Don't make me choose between Warhammer and Starcraft 2. :(

LordNevar

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
www.valhallalegends.com
I would assume the system specifications to run this game would be about as consuming as maybe C&C3.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
This game can make battleforums popular again :O.
All of our competing boards have the exact same info/pics/etc. I don't think so.

You guys are overlooking the cool part. Giant worms unleaching jihading zerglings. On another note theres no way my PC can play those GFX.

B~E

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The she-witch is right. the new nydus canals does not need creeps to function, and we haven't seen any overlods either. Maybe the nydus canal will take over the role of mass transportation system away from the overlords.

Speculate away people!

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
This game looks like a souped-up version of Command and Conquer 3 and the specifications are going to be absolutely murderous. I'm starting to think that Blizzard are trying to get more people to play the game as opposed to getting the faithful to switch over.

Sure, the game looks great and all but the gameplay must leave the faithful satisfied - so no judgements can be made yet.*

PauseBreak

Reaction score
Did any of you guys even pay attention to the storyline in the game?

The reason the Toss have changed so much and the terran / zerg havn't is because the Toss were pretty much wiped out, and their homeworld was overrun by zerg.
I know I played the campaign.
The Protoss (in bw) pretty much fought everyone to save their ass and the asses of others. The helped a lot of people, and lost a lot of their own. While the Terrans sat on their asses, and the Zerg (as always) tried to take over. Except the UED tried to stick their fork into the soup...didn't work.

Zmoney

Reaction score
Prepare for BF activity to increase like 100 and ten percent. We all know the sc forums were where it was at.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
first thing that came to my mind is

"shit ,I gotta buy new laptop now"

:(

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Heh, they decided to give Marines riot shields.

I like how now its almost like how Warcraft III was mapped out, and with Less HP to work with. No more micro slacking (Warcraft III) or extreme difficulty microing (Starcraft, but essentially was better).

And its a good thing my PC can handle it as well.

Pan said:
Protoss are like the Scrin. High cost, powerful units.
Scrin units are cheap as ****.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
How's micro any different there? You can still dance with the units.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Heh, they decided to give Marines riot shields.

I like how now its almost like how Warcraft III was mapped out, and with Less HP to work with. No more micro slacking (Warcraft III) or extreme difficulty microing (Starcraft, but essentially was better).

And its a good thing my PC can handle it as well.

Scrin units are cheap as ****.
how od u know ur comp can run it?? they havent announced the spec requirements for this game yet.. :eek:

and i think its the reapers, or something that has the shields, not the marine ( the new marines that can fly)

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
how od u know ur comp can run it?? they havent announced the spec requirements for this game yet.. :eek:

and i think its the reapers, or something that has the shields, not the marine ( the new marines that can fly)
Terran

Reapers: These guys look a little like Marines, but carry dual machine pistols and function differently. Since StarCraft 2 uses the same kind of tiered maps as in the original, you still need to move units up or down ramps to reach each level of the battlefield. Reapers have jump jets allowing them to hop down or up a tier, making them effective tools for exploiting weak spots in an elevated base.

From ign.com.

Dual machine pistols = no shield. That's the marines allrite.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Like I said, their shield throws off damage from large units, but small units fire gets by.

Scrin units take long to build or whatever. Their air units are ****ing incredible.

The developers are still in the coding stage an development. they don't know the exact specs, they just know what the computers they are developing it on. It won't be as bad as everyone is wetting themselves about. I heard the same crying from all the sc players when WCIII came out.

Magikarp

Reaction score
Holy shit it's almost like BF is talking about Blizzard games again!!1

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
ugh mncast takes forever to load here ~_~