STARCRAFT II

B~E

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
This forum is worthless. Starcraft II has been officially announced at 3am (its now 4:30 am east coast time) in Korea, and nobody made a thread about it yet. Well, here it is....

Article from IGN:
http://pc.ign.com/articles/788/788627p1.html

Screenshots:
http://media.pc.ign.com/media/850/850126/imgs_1.html
http://up.kupatrix.com/members/browse/1/Starcraft II

To see that they're really bringing it back, hopefully without butchering it up, makes me feel all hyper. I'm falling face to face with my childhood again, and it looks fantastic. Oh man, I'm thinking of all the hours and nights I've wasted on that game.... damn, I can't do it again without wrecking my studies and my social life... well I guess thats too ****ing bad.

And look at the units! They're all SHINY! like toys! like awesome toys made of awesome CANDY! HAHA!

"called a protoss mothership - can only have 1 at a time - cost big resources - special abilities include timebomb that slows all enemy missiles inside - shows terran missle launcher shooting in projectiles that stop in the field before they reach the ship - when field ends missiles drop the ground - planet cracker attack - giant lasers stream from ship to ground - ship can be moved around while planet cracker laser is active - the ship looks like a metallic, triangular sand dollar - mothership can create a black hole anywhere it wannts to - creates distortion that actually sucks ships in and destroys them - in the demo the black hole destroyed four terran battle cruisers in about ten seconds."
New Protoss Units:
Immortals - Heavy Dragoons - when receiving heavy fire special shields appear, rendering it almost invulnerable. The unit is vulnerable to small-arms fire, however)

Colossus - Heavy two-legged Walker - armed with dual cutting lasers that can eliminate swathes of zerglings at a time. Can traverse different levels of terrain thanks to long legs ('Inverse Kinetic' system).

Phoenix - Flying anti-air unit - can overcharge its weapons to send out a 'multiple projectile blast'. After using this ability, the phoenix is rendered inert for a short time.

Stalker - Four-legged walker - These are the Dark Templars' dragoons, apparently. Armed with an anti-infantry cannon and can teleport short distances

Warp Ray - Aerial Fighter - Does more damage to a target the longer it attacks. Potential for high damage output, even against buildings, but not very tough.

Mothership - Super Unit - Extremely expensive, and you can only have one. Has the 'time bomb' ability which slows time in a field around the ship. Enemy projectiles that hit the field move so slowly that they never come into contact with the mothership. Once the field wears off, projectiles fall harmlessly to the ground. Also has the 'planet cracker' ability which is a bunch of laser beams that focus together to destroy stuf beneath it (the mothership can still move while using this). The mothership can also create a Black Hole which sucks nearby enemy air units into it, destroying them.

New Terran Units

Reapers - Medium infantry - armed with two pistols and can jump-pack over terrain. Good for raiding.)

New Zerg Units

Ground-Scourge thing - Suicide Troopers - according to IGN, these are evolved from Zerglings. They're like Scourges, but on the ground.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Yeah i found out, maybe i should've posted a thread.

**** it looks good, makes me wanna play it soooo bad. Getting all giddy inside like a 13 year old again.

CMNeir

Member!
Reaction score
"Hell, it's about time."

I've been waiting for this forever! Finally it will be coming out! No more rumors anymore, it's official!

Can't wait, trailer was awesome.

2008 will be a fun year for SC fans.

Magikarp

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Holy crap!

The FAQ was really ambiguous.. half the answers are "We won't know until we get closer to the release date."

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I thought too. And it seems like a lot of overpowered ideas for the Protoss. I hope Blizzard doesn't make SC unbalanced, or I'll nuke hem.

Hell, it was about time indeed.

--Edit--

Check www.starcraft2.com

Geez, I love that freaking cinematic trailer :D

--2nd Edit--

When is the game coming out?

At this point, it's too early to provide an initial estimate on the release date. As with all Blizzard games, we will take as much time as needed to ensure the game is as fun, balanced, and polished as possible.
Eh, obvious :p

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Overpowered ideas for the protoss at the moment. They haven't released squat about what the other races can do, except maybe one or two new units.

I love the zerglings, really looks how they did in the original clips where you saw them zerg that one marine lolz.

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
They aren't really that OP, they have their weaknesses. I'm sure what blizz has got for the other 2 races will be the same.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Overpowered ideas for the protoss at the moment. They haven't released squat about what the other races can do, except maybe one or two new units.

I love the zerglings, really looks how they did in the original clips where you saw them zerg that one marine lolz.
They didn't show the things for the others, yet, no. But they will.

LordNevar

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
www.valhallalegends.com
Goodbye WoW, hello SC:2.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
I'm pretty much jizzing myself here.

Looks pretty graphics-intensive though...hope my laptop can handle it. =(

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
War3 was the game I've played for so long time and as newer, was way better than SC&BW even though I like hi-tech&futuristic RTS more, SC couldn't replace war3. Now I'll be moving to SC2 hoping that it will be as exciting to make me play it for years as war3 was. I just love futuristic games and strategies and this has so cool terrain that SC2 is futuristic, the newest and with better graphics and with the same camera as war3's. All in this game. I expected different units... so those who've played SC solo will use the same strats and units, I thought this was goona be new for all but it isn;t. Well war3 skill can apply to SC2 too, so let's see who's the boss :>

I'll buy it as soon as it is realeased, so any date when it will be in the shops worldwide?

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
As far as I know, this is mostly a teaser. Likely the game won't be out anytime soon, I doubt a date has even been set. You know how Blizzard is.

All I'm saying is for the love of God they better not pull an SC:Ghost on this one.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Blizzard haven't set a date. In fact, they haven't released that much information, although it is interesting to see how far in development it all looks.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Yeah, the game engine seems to be up and online, with plenty of interesting work done on the units and such. I wonder if they're mostly working on spell mechanics and bug correction and such?

Wonder when they'll release a demo, lol.

LordNevar

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
www.valhallalegends.com
Now that the gag order has been lifted, I guess it wouldn't hurt if I supplied some information. Information I have gathered from unofficial sources hints at a beta release for testing sometime in the fall, with any luck they maybe able to get it out by christmas. Though we all know Blizzard I would put money on an official release being spring to early summer of 2008 if they fail on their expected timeline. Now once again I stress this is outsider information and hear say, I can neither confirm or deny any of this information.

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score
immortal and stalker concept look wicked

immortal

stalker