StarCraft, Flag Beacons, Placing COP Countdown Removal?

SagaWrath

Smot Poker
Reaction score
It is hard to find an answer to this question. I've looked all over google and looked at massive forums that talked about the subject but not the specific question I have... After 10 minutes into a game, the Flag Beacons spawns a flag on it and it removes its ability to Place COP. Since my UMS requires "Place COP" through out the whole game, I have to remove this "10 minute countdown". This count down starts the second the game starts and I can't find a mod or option "yet" to stop this hidden condition.

(Incase you don't know what Place COP is: You select a Flag Beacon you control and you will find a button in the same place you would find the action button "Move" from a regular unit. This Place COP button allows you to relocate your Flag Beacon anywhere thats legit and only once.) However I have my triggers so when this Flag Beacon moves it is instantly replaced with a new one so that the Place COP isn't used up which allows me to keep moving it around as many times as I want. (Until 10 mins of coarse).

I don't need help getting rid of the flags that appear. I say that because of the couple of forums I did find talking about this subject but the person had no clue. He said as a side info "Remove flags by triggers, and to remove the '2' minute countdown you'll need a mod". (2 mins?? Like wow, thx bud). That was the most info I have found so far.

Please help. I really want to finish this UMS before SC2 comes out and bw becomes as popular as WC2.:frown2:

SagaWrath

Smot Poker
Reaction score
I wanted to add that it is possible to do this. I have seen a map that replaces the "Just Placed COP" with bunkers and random men. It had the picture of an anime character on the mini-map and it was a defense game. I cannot find this map in my downloads. It was so long ago I probably don't have it anymore. I doubt having the map would make a difference since it would most likely be protected. I'm still taking any chance I find to make this possible and still asking for your help to solve this obsticle in my way to finishing, what I think to be my best and final map for Brood War I will make. I use my account B(o)(o)BS to trademark my maps and have seen people hosting my maps before. Hopfully will see it happen again with this new one.
I have found at Starcraft.org - The Number One Source For All Things Starcraft this help.

"How do you create a beacon that players are allowed to relocate?

The Flag Beacons (Terran Flag Beacon, Zerg Flag Beacon, Protoss Flag Beacon) are all special because they can all be relocated to any point on the map by the player. After these flag beacons are moved to a new location, or ten minutes after they are created, the flag beacons can no longer be moved. If you want the player to always be able to move the flag beacon, you will need to have triggers to recreate the flag beacons when they are moved out of place, or when ten minutes since their creation is over."

Kinda sounds like "THE" answer I was looking for... I have said already that I do replace my Flag Beacons whenever someone wants to but it still ends 10 minutes into the game. Either the person that wrote that on Starcraft.org - The Number One Source For All Things Starcraft doesn't really know or they patched that which would make it a dead end for me.

SagaWrath

Smot Poker
Reaction score
Sorry about making new Quick Replys to my own forums but the edit button seems to disapear soon before I am able to bring this forum up to the newest news I have found else where. I have sent a message to the Staff of Starcraft.org - The Number One Source For All Things Starcraft to tell them that their information wasn't working for me. Instead of them changing the information and telling me what it is, they told me to go to a forum site (not this one) that isn't starcraft.org either. I'll have to start all over again basically on another forum site. Its been over 2 weeks and I am desperate to finish this map. Even though you cannot play it after 10 minutes into the game. 7 people (3 of which were strangers) said that they really like the idea of my map. I do not want to finish it incase the possibility that it is impossible to remove the 10 minute countdown. Even though it is indemand of those 7 people that I should complete it. For a technical question like this I may need at least 500 views before I get 1 useful answer (it seems). I am also beginning to think no one has this answer. :-\ Hope to hear some useful answers from you people. The sooner the better so I dont lose interest in finishing my map and/or sc2 comes out and I start working on maps on that game and I hope that this is my last forum for this question. Cya later

SagaWrath

Smot Poker
Reaction score
I really dont know how to answer this. If u havend already tried go to Staredit Network » Starcraft Mapping, Modding, UMS, Melee, Campaigns, Staredit Tutorials... forums
:D
Thank you very much for your help. I looked at the site you recommended and didn't find as much from the site that the Staff from Starcraft.org - The Number One Source For All Things Starcraft has given me, which is...
Maps and Mods Depot - WarBoards (If you wanted to know what it was)
I figuered if I went to the number one forum site for starcraft, I would end up finding more information but I guess the best thing to do is to get my question heard to as many people as I can to hopfully find the one person that does know. I know thats common sence but I really didn't want to go through this much work (and time) for this one question. It will be a relief once I find this answer out. It would be such a huge break for me that I would enter the name of the person into the Credits of my map. Weither it is their forum account or battle.net account and I'd say "I couldn't have made this map without (whoever)"
Thank you again and I hope to find the answer from this forum site but all in all, the answer period lol. cya later

Zuphix

Zuphix
Reaction score
it may not work but i found this a problem in one of my maps when you have a trigger set to "wait for ... milliseconds" it will replace any other "wait" triggers even when they're on preserve trigger, so i was thinking, just make a trigger:
All Players, Always, Wait 99999...etc. milliceconds. it might replace the flag beacon's 10 minute timer, and solve your problems, if not set it to 10 minutes with preserve trigger or if not still... good luck finding it elsewhere ;)

SagaWrath

Smot Poker
Reaction score
I might try your idea out man but I really think the hidden countdown uses the script for condition (Elapse Time). Which cannot be altered at all which explains my difficulty in getting past this. Oh and fyi... almost a year later... I found that map with the anime background picture that is a defense. Where you Place: COP to add bunkers and it makes random troops to enter the bunker. I was wrong about it. Its only a 10 min long map. Which means I have never seen a map that has this ability to remove the hidden countdown. All I can say is: "EPIC FAIL"... SC2 is coming really soon and I'll just spend my time worrying about that editor. Thank you all for trying. If you noticed I'm a huge fan of the Valve game called Portal and if you haven't guessed already... That is the map i was trying to make using Place: COP :( I'm for sure staying with this forum site though. GL HF

I give up... EPIC FAIL